• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT9| - How the Snitch stole all the banter

Messi

KLFNKJyl.jpg

Buncham8's

So beautiful. Happy Suarez can enjoy football again.

How many points off 4th are you guys?

Just a few m8

It doesn't matter anyway, we're playing for the big story this season. Bayern taking away Götze and Lewandowski, leaving us in a shocking state. In our fight for relegation, Reus single-handedly saves us in the second part of the season and gets taken away by Bayern as well. You know, fuck Bayern

German humour

Yen

Haha, MOTD2 just showed a clip of Brendan being asked by foreign media if he felt "orgasmic" after the winning goal.

He'll take the contract. He's going to retire at Liverpool. He has to.
I wouldn't begrudge him a move to a European club that could win a domestic league.

Clegg

Watched extended highlights of the United game and we really were very good. Passing was crisp and there was a lot of movement off the ball which is something we haven't seen in enough of in recent years.

Falcao really should have scored though. If LvG really is having doubts about signing him permanently then these are the kinds of chances he needs to be scoring. Had a decent 20 minute cameo otherwise. Don't know what Jamie Jackson was on when he said he was disappointing.

faridmon

What a shitty day it turned out.
Its really sad we are relegated into a team that heavily relies on individuals than a team that worked as a collective unit. If there is one thing I miss about Moyes is that he used to work us like a team rather than emphasise on certain players.
The obvious miss today were Naismith and McCarthy. Both of them are integral part of the team and even more so that, say Barkley or Coleman. When I saw the team sheet, I knew we were not going to win todays match.

Lukaku was poor again, but he didn't have service. Eto' is not suited to play a number 9 role and hence made Barkeley's job a bit more difficult on the wing. Basic tried, but he ain't no McCarthy, especially with him running like a chicken most of the time.

Coleman and Baines were abysmal as well. Their pass were erratic and none of them crossed the ball properly. At this rate, we should just drop Baines because he isn't adding much to the team, especially with no Pianaar around. Oviedo should get the chance to impress and I bet he is glad to take one. Garbutt should be put on as well since he was great and composed on Thursday.
Our defence were good though. Distin and Jagielka came a long way since their poor form at the start of the season, too bad they aren't getting the protection they desrve from both DMs.

Look at this fucking cunt ref right here.

So first of all in this gif:
1. There's no freekick. The ball is won completely fair
2. Amartey gets a second yellow for... Standing in the way for 4 seconds.

LQO8tuE.gif

This ref is just horrible, I hate him. It's the guy that I once called a whore on twitter so many times that a newspaper printed my angry tweets. I'm going to go call him a useless fart fluid this time, as whores got more integrity and skills than him. If he used half as much time on becoming a better ref, as he does on tweeting, he might improve, but he doesn't, cause he's a fucking useless cunt.

Pls Wooden, find some Anger Management classes. For everyone's sake.

Why would I do that, it's quite enjoyable to get all that anger out at times. Especially when the only end result of your anger, is a cunt who truly deserves abuse getting it.

On the positive side, Toyota Cornelius finally scored again and it's a win with a clean sheet!

2NVNt2z.gif

06I9yz1.gif

we're still not winning shit this season.

K1LLER7

Watched extended highlights of the United game and we really were very good. Passing was crisp and there was a lot of movement off the ball which is something we haven't seen in enough of in recent years.

Falcao really should have scored though. If LvG really is having doubts about signing him permanently then these are the kinds of chances he needs to be scoring. Had a decent 20 minute cameo otherwise. Don't know what Jamie Jackson was on when he said he was disappointing.
Jamie Jackson hates Falcao because Rumbo bantered him off.

He was good and Instantly linked up well with the others. Was his first bit of football for a while so it was a good run out and he looked sharp. Would've been perfect if he finished that chance but props to the Hull defender for stopping it.

Was the best we played all season. Mata and Herrera link up was brilliant. Want them to start together vs Stoke too.

Pennywise

You could always become one too, Bayern always has a place for you guys.

I would leave football alltogether before I would start to support Bayern.
Besides I would never cheer for two teams in one league, and I'll rather die before I start than giving up Dortmund.

La Liga is boring, and the Premier League doesn't fit my needs either.
We've got enough crazy Manchester United fans here, supporting City would be on the same step as supporting a Red Bull club, which is disgusting.
Liverpool is as dead as Dortmund and we all know how much I already love the Arsenal fans :p

I'll just stick to GamingSide this week...
Hopefully those two events will deliever next weekend...

#Pray4Penny

Besides I would never cheer for two teams in one league, and I'll rather die before I start than giving up Dortmund.

We've got enough crazy Manchester United fans here, supporting City would be on the same step as supporting a Red Bull club, which is disgusting.
Liverpool is as dead as Dortmund and we all know how much I already love the Arsenal fans :p

#Pray4Penny

MLS! MLS! MLS!

valeo

#Pray4Penny

How about you support your local side m8

Clegg

Jamie Jackson hates Falcao because Rumbo bantered him off.

He was good and Instantly linked up well with the others. Was his first bit of football for a while so it was a good run out and he looked sharp. Would've been perfect if he finished that chance but props to the Hull defender for stopping it.

Was the best we played all season. Mata and Herrera link up was brilliant. Want them to start together vs Stoke too.

United are starting to play a different way to what we're used to seeing. We were very direct during SAFs best years and then crossed everything with Moyes. Against Hull we saw lots of short passes and players moving into space to receive a pass. Nothing earth shattering as a lot of teams play that way, but it's completely new to United. Some encouraging signs that the 'philosophy' is starting to take shape. Mata and Herrera are good players who, I think, will thrive at United once the new way of playing settles in.

Of course Hull were pure muck. Not too sure if we should be taking so much encouragment from this game simply because they let our players do whatever they wanted. Didn't pick up many of our players runs and gave the ball away so cheaply. Stoke will be a harder game.

arkon

It could be worse. At least your team has had success in recent years with some major trophies. Some teams never even get a sniff of that.

Pennywise

How about you support your local side m8
Nah, that club is a disgrace in every possible form.
Besides, Dortmund isn't that far away :p and part of my area.

MLS! MLS! MLS!
Nah, if I wanted to see players that are just playing the last year of their career, I would watch Serie A.

Penny, fuck all those leagues, watch Palermo and be happy
I hate Seria A refs with passion :(
Couldn't live with it.

Will get it when I have some money.

Is it like skyrim? Plenty to do, engaging world, etcetera? (said knowing full well many people hate Skyrim)
Sidequests aren't as good as Skyrim, but it's certainly a good game with a huge fucking world.
I still need to play a bit more, but so far Skyrim offers more variety.
Dragon Age has the better system behind it.
What really sucks is, that there is no proper introduction...
No intro, no backstory (especially for those that didn't play 1-2).

It could be worse. At least your team has had success in recent years with some major trophies. Some teams never even get a sniff of that.
Still it's just sad to see a team with so much potential wasting it.
Dortmund made some faults, the biggest one is wasting so much money for Mkhitaryan.

Is it like skyrim? Plenty to do, engaging world, etcetera? (said knowing full well many people hate Skyrim)

it's like Skyrim but with a mission based system and characters with actual personality.

So yeah, better.

EDIT: Anyway, what's wrong with Dortmund? How did they go from one of the best in the league to how they are now?

It's not only about them selling of Lewandowski right? Then?

jts

...hate me...
Penny, become a real hipster and support #FCPorto.

Guaranteed titles and european success once in a while. Last UCL won 10 years ago. Last EL 3 years ago. Massive supplier of talented football players to other clubs (something in common with BVB).

So this was my pitch.

Elchele

Dortmund situation is very complex. We can only imagine what is really happening, in my opinion is a mixture of things:

- Bundesliga teams know how to play against Dortmund already.
- A lot of players are injured, important players: Sahin, Hummels, Kuba, Reus
- The new players still need time to adjust to the system, and given the current situation it may take much longer than usual (it usually takes from half season to a complete season).
- The available players haven't glued together.
- The whole team is in terrible form, lack of motivation, etc.
- Klopp could be lacking in motivation too already.
- Last season the team was already relying way too much in Lewa. It shows now

It wouldn't surprise me if Klopp steps aside at the end of the season. Nobody is going to sack him.

Dortmund situation is very complex. We can only imagine what is really happening, in my opinion is a mixture of things:

- Bundesliga teams know how to play against Dortmund already.
- A lot of players are injured, important players: Sahin, Hummels, Kuba, Reus
- The new players still need time to adjust to the system, and given the current situation it may take much longer than usual (it usually takes from half season to a complete season).
- The available players haven't glued together.
- The whole team is in terrible form, lack of motivation, etc.
- Klopp could be lacking in motivation too already.
- Last season the team was already relying way too much in Lewa. It shows now

It wouldn't surprise me if Klopp steps aside at the end of the season. Nobody is going to sack him.

It's depressing to see really. Reus is out for months too, right?

Watched GotG today. First time since I saw it in the cinema back in summer. Enjoyed it but noticed the complaints others have about it. It really just a railroad from location to location where they can get to the next set piece. Needs a better narrative structure. Characters are entertaining though.

Best bit is still this though https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYs5NGw2EYc

Closely followed by this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GncYQHBJIw

My biggest (and probably only) problem with GoTG is how the fuck does the magnetic strip on his tape lasts for 20 odd years with no fidelity loss.

GorillaJu

It's basically a high fantasy Persona 3/4 in that you have two major gameplay hooks: dialog and combat. They both serve each other, meaning that you have to say what your NPC buddies want to hear and man-manage them to open up quests, while completing combat-oriented quests in order to open up further dialog and romance possibilities. There's no red/blue bar to fill up to show how evil or good you are—how you build your character is reflected in how NPCs react to your individual decisions and not to an invisible moral metric.

The world feels very alive, it's huge, and things fit in their own areas and have purpose for being there. How you enjoy the world is entirely up to you, and there's lots of lore if you're a nerd for it. I'm not, and only bother to read stuff that relates to my character closely. Anything that orbits too far from the center of narrative mass just get ignored.

My only complaint is that the lore is in fact too deep: I don't like passing up on reading notes and books you find but there's just so much it would be impossible to go through it all. I can't begrudge Bioware for making such an immense world, so while it's a complaint for me I wouldn't say its a knock against the game.

However the amount of bugs you encounter is a sizable knock. Mordor was janky here and there but nothing compared to this: sound cuts out often for long stretches, I've had to shut the game down on several occasions when it failed to load a menu screen, cut scenes have a noticeable judder, I get on my horse backward and mount it in mid-air, there's an important quest that I can't complete because an NPC I need has vanished, wearing a helmet turns whatever hair should still be visible into some kind of sculptor's clay, and my character stands like a doting lady when I have control but in cut scenes she waddles around like she's using a butt plug. That last one is probably intentional so they can share animations between male/female in cutscenes but it's hilariously bad looking.

I'm not the type to ever harp on about bugs in games, but the amount in DA:I is bothersome for sure. Overall still an excellent game, however and one of the only times in recent memory I've felt justified in paying 60 bucks for a game right at its release.

Messi

Could Barça have been any jammier this evening. What a wretched preformance. Valencia were great just didn't take the big chances.

However the amount of bugs you encounter is a sizable knock. Mordor was janky here and there but nothing compared to this: sound cuts out often for long stretches, I've had to shut the game down on several occasions when it failed to load a menu screen, cut scenes have a noticeable judder, I get on my horse backward and mount it in mid-air, there's an important quest that I can't complete because an NPC I need has vanished, wearing a helmet turns whatever hair should still be visible into some kind of sculptor's clay, and my character stands like a doting lady when I have control but in cut scenes she waddles around like she's using a butt plug. That last one is probably intentional so they can share animations between male/female in cutscenes but it's hilariously bad looking.

I'm not the type to ever harp on about bugs in games, but the amount in DA:I is bothersome for sure. Overall still an excellent game, however and one of the only times in recent memory I've felt justified in paying 60 bucks for a game right at its release.

The fact that your gender can sometimes change in a game or even your class (!!) makes me wonder if most of the coding is done in a haphazard, hacked manner.

Some of the bugs that happens reminded me of the glitches you get when you use an Action Replay.

Top Bottom