• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT9| - How the Snitch stole all the banter

I'd say Rodgers naivety was just as fault Gerrard's slip.

Do you think we can get to that level again under Rodgers?

Not any time soon.

Firstly, we need better recruitment across the board. And we need to make a couple of Suarez-type signings, players who are willing to join us as they haven't quite proved themself in one of the major leagues, and then quickly goes on to become an unstoppable beast. I don't think anyone saw Surez becoming as good as he has done aside from maybe Ajax fans.

And honestly, for it to happen within the next 5 or so years, we'd need to luck out a bit and have a great season which coincides with 2 or 3 of the other big guns underwhelming to some degree.

He will never live that one down?

Depends what you mean. I don't feel any antipathy towards him for it, because he's given us everything. And its not like he got sent off for punching someone, it was a mistake. He'll never live it down in his own head though, and that kills me tbh. Winning just one league title for us would have meant a hell of a lot to me and other LFC fans, it would have meant everything to him.

He's had a great career if not as good as it would have been if he'd left us, but winning the league title would have basically completed his career, and he'd have retired with no regrets about his decisions to stay here when others were offering him guaranteed titles. Winning it all with your boyhood club has got to be what every aspiring footballer dreams about, and he robbed himself of that chance. No matter how much he earns, that must be soul-destroying.

He'll probably always be my favourite player, but being the guy who sticks with the club no matter what, and then plays a major role in our first league title for 24 years would have been perfect tbh. Of all players to make the error which causes our season to implode, it had to be him. Football is fucking cruel sometimes.

And really, if a single Liverpool fan looks back on him overall as 'the guy who lost us the league', they're an absolute cunt unfit to call themself a fan. He's on a very steep decline and was the flashpoint that led to us falling apart last year, but its been a privelege to have him play for us. For over a decade, his standard has been well above our own. During that stretch, we've only once had a team which was undoubtedly of the quality he deserved to play with, in 08/09.

Wilbur

Banned
Fair enough.

Alaba? I remember the Ribery stuff, but Alaba?

It was mostly Elsk and Blablurn from my recollection, raging about the fact that he didn't get a title thread when we were all posting those pictures of him holding up a fifa game

It was absolutely hilarious

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Not every comment regarding cheating and bribery is aimed at Juventus, although they are indeed one of the few clubs I can think of that actually got punished for cheating (or rather "unsportsmanlike conduct" I guess) by relegation. Looking things up though, I apparently misremembered the whole Fenerbahce/Turkish football bribery/fixing scandal.

I find that part of your post, to be frank, a bit incoherent, although you seem to notice that seeming contradiction yourself. I honestly don't remember the whole Bastian thing.
..what :lol

Dont bother with that Topo.
Its amazing that a guy like him acts like Klopp himself saying that we are hated, the bad guys... It's pretty pathetic to be honest but not worth our time really.

WHAT :lol

The whole thing was quite simple

Kloppo: if you want success go support Bayern

And he's right. Case closed.

I have absolutely no idea how THAT turned into any of the BS above

Clegg

He may not be match fit but I really wanna see Falcao start tonight. Offers a more direct approach in the box than any of our other strikers.

Plus he's world class.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Okay tbf to Bayern GAF

Kloppo shoulda said "if you want a 56% chance of success and a 44% chance of dark times then go support Bayern"

Tonight we must unleash the Adnan once more

datholdupplayy9ibe3.png
datholdupplayy9ibe3.png

datholdupplayy9ibe3.png

BELIEVE!

He's ded m8

Pls pray for him

ihGq1A0sa1Ub4.gif

Linius

will check it when i get home, sounds cool.

It's four songs. Christ Martin is right at the beginning with two. And then you can skip the video to around 35 minutes where Bruce will do two more. Beautiful Day, With or Without You, Where the Streets Have No Name and I Still Haven't Found What I'm looking For.

For some benefit gig at Time Square.

Why would anyone ever click on a link that mentions U2 and Chris Martin..

Some people like U2, sorry m8

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Manchester Junited is the best team in the world

She even bought a RED Madrid shirt, ain't got no time for white Madrid

Suka blat <3

Linius

I like and dislike parts of both their work

let me buck the trend

I think this goes for a lot of people. Especially when it comes to U2. That the internet has such a strong hate for U2 is probably mostly because of Bono. But it also makes people go past the fact that U2 did make some iconic albums back in the day.

Not any time soon.

Firstly, we need better recruitment across the board. And we need to make a couple of Suarez-type signings, players who are willing to join us as they haven't quite proved themself in one of the major leagues, and then quickly goes on to become an unstoppable beast. I don't think anyone saw Surez becoming as good as he has done aside from maybe Ajax fans.

And honestly, for it to happen within the next 5 or so years, we'd need to luck out a bit and have a great season which coincides with 2 or 3 of the other big guns underwhelming to some degree.

Depends what you mean. I don't feel any antipathy towards him for it, because he's given us everything. And its not like he got sent off for punching someone, it was a mistake. He'll never live it down in his own head though, and that kills me tbh. Winning just one league title for us would have meant a hell of a lot to me and other LFC fans, it would have meant everything to him.

He's had a great career if not as good as it would have been if he'd left us, but winning the league title would have basically completed his career, and he'd have retired with no regrets about his decisions to stay here when others were offering him guaranteed titles. Winning it all with your boyhood club has got to be what every aspiring footballer dreams about, and he robbed himself of that chance. No matter how much he earns, that must be soul-destroying.

He'll probably always be my favourite player, but being the guy who sticks with the club no matter what, and then plays a major role in our first league title for 24 years would have been perfect tbh. Of all players to make the error which causes our season to implode, it had to be him. Football is fucking cruel sometimes.

And really, if a single Liverpool fan looks back on him overall as 'the guy who lost us the league', they're an absolute cunt unfit to call themself a fan. He's on a very steep decline and was the flashpoint that led to us falling apart last year, but its been a privelege to have him play for us. For over a decade, his standard has been well above our own. During that stretch, we've only once had a team which was undoubtedly of the quality he deserved to play with, in 08/09.

I like to think I'm a pretty nice guy but bloody hell I am so so so so so delighted he slipped.

It gives me so much joy.

Thank you for reminding me how wonderful that moment was.

jts

...hate me...
That's even more shameful than our pink shirt :lol

We had some really nice pink shirts before but 2011 wasnt one of them
This is this season's pink shirt for Porto:

4a4tPVG.jpg

What's your professional opinion on it m8?

Rda02xw.jpg

jts

...hate me...
Not too shabby actually!

I'd wear it in rvy's absence

Probably a good plan. Especially if yours had Quaresma on the back. Because Quaresma is gipsy. He probably hates gipsies more than he hates Porto innit.

bud

Lobbying is neither cheating nor bribing, but I dunno let's ask Hoeneß :lol

Anyway this is why everyone hates you guys (by you guys I mean Bayern GAF to be perfectly clear :lol), you're just a bunch of man babies who can't handle any opinion that differs from yours, which makes me wonder why you're in a forum in the first place? To enforce your 'opinion' down our throats? First Ribery, Neuer, then Lahm, then Bastian and now Kloppo's NASTY RANT :lol which really wasn't a rant, just a couple of facts lined up next to each other.

Fucku Bayernu

the only other person to piss off yurt--who is one of the nicest guys in this thread--this much is ff.

bayern fans, you are on the same level as ff.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
the only other person to piss off yurt--who is one of the nicest guys in this thread--this much is ff.

bayern fans, you are on the same level as ff.
We were joking around on twitter

budo me no get angry. Me love everyone

Top Bottom