• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT9| - How the Snitch stole all the banter

I think it's too early to say a team will win it based on current form. Look at Bayern last season. Around this time everyone was saying they would be the first team to win the CL two years in a row.
Hmm yes, it may be too early to tell at this point. However, remember that Bayern also struggled in the group games and later on almost got beat by a United side led by Moyes. They were alredy showing early signs of crashing out from the competition. Aside from their loss against City recently (and let's be fair, it was the red card more than anything, City was a joke even with a ten men Bayern) they've stayed strong so far.

Fair play. He's young and has all the time to develop to become someone really great.
He'll definitely come in handy for Madrid. They bought themselves a good player for a very good price, give him a season or two.

Scum

Palermo substituting a substitute.
ib2prFi25kEdBe.png

Good idea to be honest. Threading a fine line, innit.

But this isn't a Champions League game or a game against the more decent sides in Loliga. It is against Celda de Vigo and I assume that was what the Italian commentator was commenting on. If this was against Athletic Madrid that has a good defense or a CL team then I'd understand it.

Have you watched Celta play this season? Did you watch this match? They might be a bit inconsistent but they won 0-1 at Barca and drew 2-2 against Atletico.

And they didn't concede 3 in the first half.

EPL goals per match - 2.61
La Liga goals per match - 2.64

Have you watched Celta play this season? Did you watch this match? They might be a bit inconsistent but they won 0-1 at Barca and drew 2-2 against Atletico.

And they didn't concede 3 in the first half.

EPL goals per match - 2.61
La Liga goals per match - 2.64
Madrid and Barcelona blow away any team in La Liga out of this elegant galaxy in terms of individual talent. Celta de Vigo should be praised for their efforts and football but them holding it up against Barcelona or Madrid in the first half isn't a good indication of how strong they are. It's more of an indication of how poorly the big two are doing if anything. After all, if Celta was that good they wouldn't have stayed inconsistent which you admit they are in your post.

I can't say i've been watching much of Madrid to see how well Kroos does against stronger opponents. If he's just as good there then yes I'll admit that's just how good he is. Otherwise I'm going to say it has more to do with defense of the weaker sides than him being THAT great.

Remember, even Bendtner looked good against weaker sides.

Well that was coming. Pathetic display just sitting back, I mean if you had a good defense and midfield to kill of a game it would be good. But Palermo can't afford to do that.

Hixx

Well that was coming. Pathetic display just sitting back, I mean if you had a good defense and midfield to kill of a game it would be good. But Palermo can't afford to do that.

Don't worry bae, your third team has a chance of getting you a win this weekend.

FIFA sucks. I see there's a MLS tournament so I make a crappy squad of bronze/silver MLS players for under 4,000 coin. I get to the semi finals and I'm at the menu where you first match up with someone and you hit X to ready up. I get booted to the FUT menu, counted as a loss and I have to restart the tournament. Frustrating but OK. I get to the semi finals again, get to the same menu again, get booted back to the FUT menu, counted as a loss, players contracts are used and I have to start the tourney again. Unbelievable. It's happened when I've gotten into a match but never in the menus.

all I want is my damn premium gold pack!!

Not as much as you'll be from this:

wedward
Banned

I hope we can have a more civilized discussion next time wedward. We both went a little bit far but we both support the same club, there is no need for those petty arguments we had Comrade Wed.

It wasn't me.

You two are like that Arsenal video that was just posted

"Where's the coffee"

Madrid and Barcelona blow away any team in La Liga out of this elegant galaxy in terms of individual talent. Celta de Vigo should be praised for their efforts and football but them holding it up against Barcelona or Madrid in the first half isn't a good indication of how strong they are. It's more of an indication of how poorly the big two are doing if anything. After all, if Celta was that good they wouldn't have stayed inconsistent which you admit they are in your post.

I can't say i've been watching much of Madrid to see how well Kroos does against stronger opponents. If he's just as good there then yes I'll admit that's just how good he is. Otherwise I'm going to say it has more to do with defense of the weaker sides than him being THAT great.

Remember, even Bendtner looked good against weaker sides.

This shit would make sense if spanish teams hadn't been rocking the C.L and the E.L in these last couple of years.

jtb

Banned
Chambers isn't the problem, Wenger is. period. he's the one who bought (and, more importantly, didn't buy) players, who trains (and doesn't train) them, etc. Chambers is a good talent who's being thrown into the fire and put in a position to fail.

I mean, Chambers has not been good this season. but to throw him under the bus in favor of someone like Bellerin, who's far more raw than Chambers is... I don't see the point of that at all.

You two are like that Arsenal video that was just posted

"Where's the coffee"
Him and other Arsenal fans could stop looking down at other fans, that would help immensely

This shit would make sense if spanish teams hadn't been rocking the C.L and the E.L in these last couple of years.
What does that have to do with the poor defending in the league from clubs outside the top 4? Also I think we should consider that clubs sometimes make up for their lack of good defense through good attack.

Chambers isn't the problem, Wenger is. period. he's the one who bought (and, more importantly, didn't buy) players, who trains (and doesn't train) them, etc. Chambers is a good talent who's being thrown into the fire and put in a position to fail.

I mean, Chambers has not been good this season. but to throw him under the bus in favor of someone like Bellerin, who's far more raw than Chambers is... I don't see the point of that at all.
Good post. I will blame Chambers for the mistakes he does on the pitch, and I definitely think he deserves the criticism he gets for his display like any other player, but this whole mess ultimately falls on Wenger and the board. There are so many things going wrong.

Just seen the Arsenal penalty, now I'm not saying that it isn't a penalty, but the way Flamini went down he could clearly have stayed on his feet. He seem to take a step then decide "oh shit I've been fouled!"

El Topo

Case 2 of Danganronpa 2: The solutions for the (parts of the) trial are starting to get bizarre.
Swimsuit + Gravel? Really?

Also the fanservice is starting to get annoying (and creepy).

Lightning

Banned

Why is Chambers being singled out when Mertesacker has been equally poor if not worse? Given his experience he's been far more disappointing than a 19yr old hung out to dry by tactics and inept defensive midfielders in front of him exposing him time and time again . Debuchy is going to have a hard time as well unless those around him buck up.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Case 2 of Danganronpa 2: The solutions for the (parts of the) trial are starting to get bizarre.
Swimsuit + Gravel? Really?

Also the fanservice is starting to get annoying (and creepy).

don't worry, that's like the worst riddle in the entire game

Hmm yes, it may be too early to tell at this point. However, remember that Bayern also struggled in the group games and later on almost got beat by a United side led by Moyes. They were alredy showing early signs of crashing out from the competition. Aside from their loss against City recently (and let's be fair, it was the red card more than anything, City was a joke even with a ten men Bayern) they've stayed strong so far.

What I meant was that the United match was already in the knockout rounds which is still like two months away from now. That was the beginning of their CL downfall. In December and January, everyone was saying Bayern were the favorites to win the CL again.

Madrid's form in February will be a lot more telling than anything they do now.

What I meant was that the United match was already in the knockout rounds which is still like two months away from now. That was the beginning of their CL downfall. In December and January, everyone was saying Bayern were the favorites to win the CL again.

Madrid's form in February will be a lot more telling than anything they do now.
Didn't Bayern lose a game against City in the group stages though? I don't remember how their league form was around that time though, but yeah February should tell us more accurately which teams that looks most likely to win it.

Top Bottom