• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT9| - How the Snitch stole all the banter

longdi

Banned
Messi stopped being an artist two years ago though

Now they're both boring fucks

I'd much rather watch Berardi, Pogba, Adnan and Coman.

blame xavi and iniesta for dropping out of their prime.

ronaldo does what ronaldo does alone.

Blablurn

enough barca trolling. time to go again. see you next week, pulga

NBR2E2V.gif

FootballFan

Messi is so comfortable with the ball at his feet. When Neymar/Suarez have it they look like Altidore in comparison.

It is just insane.

Wilbur

Banned
i understand what you're saying, and i agree that he isn't as good as he was a few years ago, but when he's on, he's the most aesthetic player in the world.

Whoever is doing theguardian live blog, i completely agree with:

“The video of Hudson on Messi is hilarious - HE’S OUT OF HIS VULCAN MIND! - but by the end I was just admiring Messi,” writes Robin Hughes. “I could watch the guy all day. It’s a shame he hasn’t lived up to his own standards recently - although admittedly 17 goals from 18 games this season is still a bit handy. You have any thoughts as to why it is? Natural decline, needs a change of scene, lost the hunger?”

A few things here. Firstly, it’s a nonsense that Messi is in decline. Ronaldo has no doubt raised his game for people who like to make a direct comparison but Messi is playing in an inferior team compared a few years ago, and appears to be in a slightly role to the false nine he has previously played. This game, many of his key passes have been from very deep in midfield, from the kind of place that Xavi used to play for him. Messi’s chances are largely created by himself, running from deep, drawing defenders into challenges. He’s still got it, but I don’t think Luis Enrique quite has the same nous as Pep. Not that I have the answers.

Wilbur

Banned
I would say two of the legit top ten GOATS of all GOAT history are playing at this very moment in time

what a time to be a GOAT

Scum

i understand what you're saying, and i agree that he isn't as good as he was a few years ago, but when he's on, he's the most aesthetic player in the world.

That's because Messi is now doing his own False #9 job as well as Old Man Xavi's job, in a current squad with a meh backline and a fraud manager.

Blablurn

He's right though, you can't really troll Madrid fans anymore. Just like we cant troll Genoa fans too

Bayern's mouth still stinks of Madrid's turd
lol yurt. No idea about football and games. Yet u keep talking about them.

Thats what i like about u.

U dont give up.

bud

Whoever is doing theguardian live blog, i completely agree with:

i've seen plenty of 'bad' performances from him under martino and vilanova, though--games where he was still scoring goals, but not doing much else. he looked tired in quite a few of those games. but then again, i suppose it's unrealistic to expect players to consistently perform at the same level when they're playing about 60 games a season, and travelling a lot.

Top Bottom