• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT9| - How the Snitch stole all the banter

3Sixty

Messi is a great player of course.

But he'll be forever remembered as being the 2nd best player of the Cristiano Ronaldo era.

Wilbur

Banned
i've seen plenty of 'bad' performances from him under martino and vilanova, though--games where he was still scoring goals, but not doing much else. he looked tired in quite a few of those games. but then again, i suppose it's unrealistic to expect players to consistently perform at the same level when they're playing about 60 games a season, and travelling a lot.

Yeah, i think there was a few things to be honest - i'd say they had a poorer team then than now, he hadn't had a break for ages and ages, the pressure of the world cup dawning on him and the idea that he was saving himself for that...

This is probably the best Ronaldo's ever been, which is remarkable given his age and how good he's been every year and how he's improved every year. But peak Messi was better than peak Ronaldo, and 17 goals in 18 games only looks bad when up against Ronaldo :lol

They play different roles for their respective teams. I still think Messi is severely underrated as a passer. He's remarkable.

Wilbur

Banned
Ive always knwon that u wer a cunT

a seething cunT

admit it you love him too

the way batman loves the joker
the way will graham loves hannibal
the way zabo loves hixx

How many of the all-time top 10 would be defenders, keepers, DMs or traditional wingers?

George Best was a winger, wasn't he? Idk what the roles were then, they played fucking odd positions.

Beckenbauer, Baresi and Moore are probably very highly regarded up there, as well as Yashin/Kahn...

The only time its acceptable to give someone so much space in your own box is when you're down to 10 men and need a goal

@Viva, what I was thinking. Needs to block the shot, pussies out and tries blocking a non-existent pass

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I'd rather go back to the age were the best players in the world scored less goals yet were more mesmerising to watch

Henry, Zidane, Pires, Dennis Bearcum, Roy Keane...we really had it good
admit it you love him too

the way batman loves the joker
the way will graham loves hannibal
the way zabo loves hixx
I do actually! I love everyone in that 2006 team!

Not everyone ;)

pulga

Banned
I wish Manchester United fans would make their own thread

You could post a billion formations and have complete monopoly over the thread title

Think about it m8s

pulga

Banned
Does anyone else find it cute how Barca fans are all uppity about Ronaldo diving when they have fucking Neymar on their team? Lololololololol

Top Bottom