• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT9| - How the Snitch stole all the banter

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Go ahead.

Were I not a Liverpool fan I'd be laughing my tits off.
We love you Arnie that's all that matters right now

And remember our love when you fall in a black hole in the near future

So you can morse code "DONT SIGN BALOTELLI" to Brendan

Scum

Hull XI: McGregor, Elmohamady, Robertson, Dawson, Davies, Huddlestone, Livermore, Ramírez, Brady, Ben Arfa, Jelavic.
Subs.
Harper, Rosenior, Chester, Meyler, Hernandez, Sagbo, Quinn

Tottenham XI: Lloris, Dier, Fazio, Vertonghen, Davies; Dembele, Mason, Eriksen, Lamela; Kane, Soldado.
Subs.
Vorm, Ball, Chiriches, Ceballos, Lennon, Paulinho, Stambouli.

Hold me, Bungie.

flyover

At least Liverpool only had the second-worst performance of the game, after Geoff Cameron's NBC commentary. Holy crap, he sucked.

faridmon

Hull XI: McGregor, Elmohamady, Robertson, Dawson, Davies, Huddlestone, Livermore, Ramírez, Brady, Ben Arfa, Jelavic.
Subs.

Tottenham XI: Lloris, Dier, Fazio, Vertonghen, Davies; Dembele, Mason, Eriksen, Lamela; Kane, Soldado.
Subs.

Hold me, Bungie.

Your Champions League journey starts now, Scum!

Believe!

Subs.

Subs.

Hold me, Bungie.

You've got the HurriKane. You'll be fine.

Sensational

B3Is9RfCEAACgAU.jpg

ICKE

Banned
4493561_f520.jpg

The team seemed to be in such good shape but everything is just collapsing now. Suarez is gone, Rodgers doesn't seem to know what to do and the board is not willing to invest too much money.

Marc

Wow, that was just pathetic. Liverpool look soulless, and to sum up the team in a word... weak. So damn weak in everything they do.

That defence looks like conceding with every attack.

Sterling is shocking right now. Lambert did alright, with little support. Gerrard just ugh, will no doubt escape any criticism as per usual from the media. Plain as day he leaves a massive gap for the already fragile defence to confuse themselves over. Lovren is gash, I don't think anyone but Rodgers rated him highly but he is a lot worse than I remember. Johnson is finished. The rest aren't worth commenting on.

I really don't see how anyone can turn it around right now, the summer was a real stinker. You can only hope some of the younger players suddenly become world class to fill the void.

sohois

Anyway, a few weeks earlier and one might have suggested a loss would be more useful to Liverpool, to force them to see the changes necessary to prevent a backslide. And yet, there have now been 3 in a row in the league without a single change being made. It's a stunning state of affairs.

Frankly, it is eerie how this is mirroring Dalglish's reign. When he came in for the second half of the season he produced an immense turnaround in results, he was constantly changing up his tactics and introducing young players. Then he had a big spend in the summer, largely blew it and just seemed to get indelibly stuck in his ways. Gone were the tactical changes and trust in youth, instead it was the same old week in, week out even when it was clear it wasn't working, eventually costing him his job.

Now Rodgers is going through exactly the same malaise. The ability to get stuck in certain modes of thinking and ideas, being unable to change them despite glaring evidence is pretty well researched at this point, but still I cannot understand why he can't see some of these issues, if not with Gerrard or even Lovren then at least someone like Sterling.

Full size brendanface. My life is complete.

If you could all switch to England vs Germany now I would appreciate it. There's no more Premier League to see today.

Kind regards,

Bungie

4493561_f520.jpg

The team seemed to be in such good shape but everything is just collapsing now. Suarez is gone, Rodgers doesn't seem to know what to do and the board is not willing to invest too much money.

Why would they? Look at the players we're buying with the money they're contributing. Losing more and more faith every weekend. We're as bad as we were under Hodgson.

Yep, one shot on target, and that was in the 2nd minute. Fuck off.

Danchi

Meh, You call it mediocrity, I call it equality.

Watch Real Madrid or PSG if you want that excitement.

I haven't watched Real (I don't have Sky), but PSG haven't been great this year.

I'm not saying I enjoy simply the big teams winning all their games. Bayern will obviously win the Bundesliga, but the fight for Champions League positions between Bayer, Wolfsburg, Gladbach, Schalke, and maybe even Hoff and BVB, has been more interesting to me. There's a different kind of pressure between a bunch of teams playing reasonably well. I'm on my phone and probs not articulating myself well, but the Premiership has just a test of who makes the most lolworthy performance of the weekend.

3Sixty

I remember Bolasie roasting us once for Plymouth and I was desperate to sign him from Bristol City.

#FootballLeagueHipster

L1NETT

I remember Bolasie roasting us once for Plymouth and I was desperate to sign him from Bristol City.

#FootballLeagueHipster

Remember he and Albert Adamoah twatted us to fuck back in 09'. Away at Barnet. Dark times.

but silly hipsters, players from those leagues will never amount to anything

tri_willy

Liverpool injury list

Hendo - TBA
Sturry - 6 weeks
Ballo - TBA
Enrique - 1 week
Suso - 2 weeks
Sahko - 1 week
Flanno - 4 weeks

would have these guys either in the starting lineup or bench.

Top Bottom