• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT9| - How the Snitch stole all the banter

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I think we are playing just as shit and get bullied just as much as Liverpool (Though tbf Fell has made us more sturdy) but we are fourth, really dont get this season at all.

wedward

I think we are playing just as shit and get bullied just as much as Liverpool (Though tbf Fell has made us more sturdy) but we are fourth, really dont get this season at all.

Your attacking players are much better than Liverpool's. Herrera, Di Maria, Rooney, Mata, RVP, Flacao would all start in this Liverpool team.

GorillaJu

Your defense may be similarly fragile but there's just no comparison between your front line, even semi-fit, and ours. Di Maria is an excellent footballer and is miles beyond anyone we have in our team right now.

Liverpool injury list

Hendo - TBA
Sturry - 6 weeks
Ballo - TBA
Enrique - 1 week
Suso - 2 weeks
Sahko - 1 week
Flanno - 4 weeks

would have these guys either in the starting lineup or bench.

Flanagan, Henderson and Sturridge are the only ones good enough to start for us.

There's not much difference between Manquillo and Flanagan. Henderson has been crap this season as well. Sturridge is the only one that is definitely hurting us, and we spent £20m on players to step up in his absence. They've given us 1 league goal.

At this point, I just want to avoid relegation. We haven't got the players to rule out being dragged into that shite.

3Sixty

Remember he and Albert Adamoah twatted us to fuck back in 09'. Away at Barnet. Dark times.

but silly hipsters, players from those leagues will never amount to anything

To take it even further i wanted to sign Charlie Austin from Poole Town after he banged them in on a trail for B'mouth :lol

arkon

You're only 5 points off 4th place at the moment. I mean Look where United were a couple of games ago. Is anybody else that's in contention for 4th really playing that well? Newcastle are the form team at the moment. Newcastle

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Your attacking players are much better than Liverpool's. Herrera, Di Maria, Rooney, Mata, RVP, Flacao would all start in this Liverpool team.
True, inspite of their quality though all have had an iffy in and out season, no-one has stood up and taken charge.
Your defense may be similarly fragile but there's just no comparison between your front line, even semi-fit, and ours. Di Maria is an excellent footballer and is miles beyond anyone we have in our team right now.

I agree on top form Di Maria is terrific, his in and out form worries me though.

You're only 5 points off 4th place at the moment. I mean Look where United were a couple of games ago. Is anybody else that's in contention for 4th really playing that well? Newcastle are the form team at the moment. Newcastle

We're getting worse every weekend. Semi-decent performances are ending in draws. We're threatening goal twice a match, at most. Nearly half of our points came in the first 3 games. We're a shambles.

Nicktendo86

Aye, don't really get that post.

United were awful yesterday, despite the result.
Utd had a game plan with their massively depleted squad and managed to grind out a win and inflict Arsenal's first home defeat in 15 months.

Liverpool look like they would struggle to grind out some pepper let alone a result at the moment. Both teams suck but Utd look like they actually have belief with the way things are going.

AOWY4jy.png

Oh Captain, my Captain.

That goal, that beard.

faridmon

I haven't watched Real (I don't have Sky), but PSG haven't been great this year.

I'm not saying I enjoy simply the big teams winning all their games. Bayern will obviously win the Bundesliga, but the fight for Champions League positions between Bayer, Wolfsburg, Gladbach, Schalke, and maybe even Hoff and BVB, has been more interesting to me. There's a different kind of pressure between a bunch of teams playing reasonably well. I'm on my phone and probs not articulating myself well, but the Premiership has just a test of who makes the most lolworthy performance of the weekend.

Yet, Everton who have done awfully (by anyone's standard) beaten Wolfsburg comfortably.

Its all about perspective. You are deluding if you think Bundesliga have a better quality and competitiveness, especially with Bayern doing 2X Chelsea, which is unfortunate as I used to love Bundesliga.

I find it quite baffling for you to take a shot on PL this season (I do agree with you on poor defensive set up PL side have endured) while taking Germany as example where Randomness and poor competition with Bayern is the no. 1 factor why I decided to not watch the league anymore. While there will be some lol-worthy performances here and there, the sheer intensity and the sweat given by the lower teams of the league will be more exciting for me than the drab Stuttgart and Hamburg plays these days.

Out of all of those teams you mentioned, Gladbach are the only exciting team. Leverkusien will go through an awful period where they will never win a match in the 2nd half of the season, Wulfsburg will still lose some games despite their investment and Schalke will always.... Schalke.

As much as I talked shit, we're all pretty much shit. I'm confident in United if players get healthy. I'm not confident they'll suffer less injuries.

tri_willy

Flanagan, Henderson and Sturridge are the only ones good enough to start for us.

There's not much difference between Manquillo and Flanagan. Henderson has been crap this season as well. Sturridge is the only one that is definitely hurting us, and we spent £20m on players to step up in his absence. They've given us 1 league goal.

At this point, I just want to avoid relegation. We haven't got the players to rule out being dragged into that shite.

difference is that one is a red cafu and one is not lol.

seriously, there's no backbone on this lineup. there is definitely some serious shit brewing up at the moment. heads will roll if we plunge any further than we already have.

Mr Cola

As much as I talked shit, we're all pretty much shit. I'm confident in United if players get healthy. I'm not confident they'll suffer less injuries.

I think next summers gonna be interesting, I think he isnt overly fond of this team at all.

But I agree, to have a team play consistently would be a sight to behold, should have happened by now, this is a ridiculous situations.

difference is that one is a red cafu and one is not lol.

seriously, there's no backbone on this lineup. there is definitely some serious shit brewing up at the moment. heads will roll if we plunge any further than we already have.

The second we dip our toes into the relegation battle, Rodgers is out. And fair enough if there's a decent replacement lined up. Everything he does is going wrong. Just look at our subs today. We're dominating possession and dealing okay with counters in the second half, so he brings Borini on for Lallana, sacrificing some control in midfield for more presence and threat in the box. Borini does nothing, next thing you know, we're 3-1 down, and threatening less than we were before the change.

Think we should offload Lovren, Balotelli and Borini in January, and send Markovic on loan to Lille, try and convince them to give us Origi. Buy anyone to replace the others, they can't be any worse.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
result was written as soon as a manager whose team was coming off four straight losses saw an away trip to the ground that they shipped three at to give up a win last year as the beginning of a chance to put "a string of results" together. taking the day itself for granted.

the ego is unchained.

3Sixty

Missed the Liverpool game cause I was driving - was it as hilarious as the scoreline suggests?

It was better mate, better.

If Southampton beat Aston Villa tomorrow, they will have double the points tally of Liverpool.

Oh lawd

sohois

He also told us Pelle wasn't all that...

You're greatly oversimplifying there. Pelle was a striker who had very very poor conversion rates, and scored a lot because Feyenoord created loads and loads of good chances for him.

Thus it was reasonable to assume that moving to Southampton, with their preseason troubles, he would find it far harder to score. However, with Southampton flying high and creating many many chances, it is no surprise that Pelle is scoring regularly.

Missed the Liverpool game cause I was driving - was it as hilarious as the scoreline suggests?

Basically played out exactly as you'd expect

Combination of collapse, possessional domination, no threat, jelly-legged defense, slow midfield and backfiring substitutions.

So classic Lolerpool, really.

Top Bottom