• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT10| -Proud Of Our Heritage-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somehow I never really heard about the Roma debacle in 2007 when Italian police stormed the Utd fan section and beat people with batons. Fucking horrifying. The people who are supposed to protect you, bearing down with riot sticks—some police even flipped the stick backwards to strike with the heavier end. Journalists saw police afterward patting each other on the back, laughing and mimicking baton-swing motions.

One woman had her camera knocked out of her hands by police, then was struck repeatedly and allegedly pushed down a stairwell. Totti apologized to her on behalf of the police.

She is now banned for life from Old Trafford for holding up a "Love United, Hate Glazer" banner. Lovely.

Same thing happened during Italy vs England in 97. Police were battering the English. I don't remember if they deserved it.

Facism

Gold Member
If I want to play csgo with the football gaf mandem I'll have to log in with my bros account.

Enter the Prolapse. What an account name.

GorillaJu

You don't need to have a great performance to beat us and you certainly don't need Di Maria. We don't score many goals at all this year and there's a guarantee of at least a handful of chances for Rooney or RVP. If we passed the ball well around the midfield I'd say we have a shot but we can never keep up any sustained pressure because every third or fourth pass goes astray.

Phlebas

Banned
kXTPfAg.gif

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
EH?! WHY are we playing so early?! I'm gonna miss at least 70 minutes of the game ffs.

I'm so going to sneak outta work then

KDhAte5.gif

Cases I've studied of Italian police brutality says they did not broadly speaking. I could not have more contempt for the Italian police force if I tried.
it doesn't help that most of them are dumbasses too

"In an attempt to disperse the fans, an officer allegedly misfired a warning shot and shot a Lazio fan, Gabriele Sandri, in the back of the neck, possibly causing him to die instantly.

What makes things worse is that it is even suggested that Sandri was seated in the car and was not in any way involved in the roadside brawl
. In response, fans in Rome are rioting by setting police cars and vans on fire. "

Come on Rumbo

A win against Liverpool on my birthday would be sensationally sweet
Happy birthday, lovely boy <3 you share a birthday with one of my best friends!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Exodus: Gods and Kings :looooooooooool

can we stop making movies about the bibles superheroes please?

and while we're at it, can we STOP casting fucking Ben Kingsley, he's been a parody of himself for two decades now and the mark of a bad movie (except Iron Man 3, of course)

dunno how much they're paying Christian Bale, that's such an odd movie to pick for your 2014.

Exodus: Gods and Kings :looooooooooool

can we stop making movies about the bibles superheroes please?

and while we're at it, can we STOP casting fucking Ben Kingsley, he's been a parody of himself for two decades now and the mark of a bad movie (except Iron Man 3, of course)

dunno how much they're paying Christian Bale, that's such an odd movie to pick for your 2014.

Ben Kingsley is the white Samuel L Jackson.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Yurt and/or Zabo, what is the word on Filippo Romagna?

Zazo is our Primavera expert, because I don't believe in ANY of them. I'd fucking dump them in the nearest bin in Turin.

Allegri seems to like him a lot I think, which means absolutely nothing when you look at the likes of Coman and Morata

Zazo is our Primavera expert, because I don't believe in ANY of them. I'd fucking dump them in the nearest bin in Turin.

Allegri seems to like him a lot I think, which means absolutely nothing when you look at the likes of Coman and Morata

I remembered fast tracking him into the Juve first team in last years Football Manager. Just saw his name pop up when I was looking at the Italian national youth teams.

Salazar

Christian Machowski &#8207;@Christian_ESEM 4m4 minutes ago
Who are the kind people working at football clubs who leak line-ups to the media hours before kick-off? They should be sacked.

:lol

Wilson up front pleases me.

Salazar

Horse

Brendan Rodgers admits: “I always think in ink.” He is a compulsive note-taker, and a pile of flip charts litter his office at Liverpool’s Melwood training ground. The pages are intermittently decorated by child-like drawings of a stick man, with a crown on his head.

The illustrations, in black marker pen, are indications of individual conversations with his players. “Wear the crown” he tells them, when he senses concern, insecurity or prevarication. “You’re the king of your own destiny.”

Salazar

What a strange man.

Childlike drawings are fair enough. Many of history's greatest thinkers have been fond of a doodle, so to speak.

But these aren't daydreams - they're expressions of a mind-bendingly naff motivational system.

Glen Johnson isn't the king of his destiny. He's in open war with his own fuckin limbs half the time.

TeddyBoy

Jones is starting at GK.

Don't know if this is a good thing or not.

Rodgers has taken a big chance, Mignolet is in shit form but Jones is pretty poor for a second choice goal keeper.

It is nice to see that Rodgers will only stand by players for so long.

Now just start Markovic and Can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom