• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT10| -Proud Of Our Heritage-

Status
Not open for further replies.

jts

...hate me...
Nobody uses metric when talking about size or distance in the UK.

Unless they're a WANKER
T0DmWMf.png
Bunch of wankers by default m8.

Pls evolve to full metric.

And to Euro currency.

And to right-hand driving.

KidJr

Simeone to Liverpool

Klopp to Arsenal

Who would have greater success?

Despite relatively similar issues. Arsenal are by far more primed to become an elite team in Europe again than liverpool (current players, youth team, finances etc). So I'd say Klopp at Arsenal...

Also I understand what Joe Allen was bought in to do and I part of me felt he was capable of doing it. You cant really be angry Brendan for that can you

Allen was bought in to play in and become the metronome of a system which we thankfully abandoned after Rodgers' first half-season.

If he's not in a team whose MO is spurning attacks in favour of recyling possession over and over again, he's not contributing enough.

The time has come for Can to be given a run in the team surely.

Allen was bought in to play in and become the metronome of a system which we thankfully abandoned after Rodgers' first half-season.

If he's not in a team whose MO is spurning attacks in favour of recyling possession over and over again, he's not contributing enough.

The time has come for Can to be given a run in the team surely.

I'm sorry Hitcher but the computer says no.

sohois

On the other hand Sohois will be ecstatic the club's transfer business is in such good hands.
that's a questionable assumption unlikely to be backed up with solid evidence.

much like the committee leaks from earlier, this is a tidbit of suspicious provenance. why even have a committee if they will all.be overruled by a model? would Rodgers, or heck even ayre, work under such a system?

what i would imagine is more likely is a misunderstanding of the committee taking place. I'm pretty certain that the head of statistics is on the committee and thus has a say. what probably happened is a transfer or several the deciding vote came down to the stats man, giving the appearance of it being a computer decision when there were multiple people opting for a no.

now, even if it were true we still urgently require extra details - namely what players were blocked, what were accepted. for all anyone knows the model is blocking plenty of even worse signings.

as to whether it is in good hands, well there is still much to discover. i do know that ian graham is very skilled in this area, but there are distinct issues with player predictive statistics. there are a host of problems in this area,which i won't go into right now. at least in terms of publicly known stat stuff, player predictions are still pretty poor, but once again we can't know what Liverpool themselves are actually doing

that's a questionable assumption unlikely to be backed up with solid evidence.

much like the committee leaks from earlier, this is a tidbit of suspicious provenance. why even have a committee if they will all.be overruled by a model? would Rodgers, or heck even ayre, work under such a system?

what i would imagine is more likely is a misunderstanding of the committee taking place. I'm pretty certain that the head of statistics is on the committee and thus has a say. what probably happened is a transfer or several the deciding vote came down to the stats man, giving the appearance of it being a computer decision when there were multiple people opting for a no.

now, even if it were true we still urgently require extra details - namely what players were blocked, what were accepted. for all anyone knows the model is blocking plenty of even worse signings.

as to whether it is in good hands, well there is still much to discover. i do know that ian graham is very skilled in this area, but there are distinct issues with player predictive statistics. there are a host of problems in this area,which i won't go into right now. at least in terms of publicly known stat stuff, player predictions are still pretty poor, but once again we can't know what Liverpool themselves are actually doing

Let's face it m8 they should just get a copy of FM15 and they'll be sorted.

Brendan has some amazing quotes

“We play with 11 men, other teams play with 10 men and a goalkeeper.”

That's such a weird one. Like, I get what he's saying and it fits with his supposed philosophy, but why in the name of sweet fuckery did we buy Mignolet if he's so focussed on playing it out from the back?

CCS

Banned
Also, can we celebrate the master, Kevin Keegan?

"They're the second best team in the world, and there's no higher praise than that."

"The Germans only have one player under 22, and he's 23."

RiggyRob

He said defending is easy when you fill you have 10 players within 18 yards of your goal iirc

And he doesn't even do that!

My favourite is still this one though:

Brendan Rodgers said:
"I don't think there is pressure on ourselves, only what we have from within. Look at Tottenham ... [when] you spend over £100m you'd expect to be challenging for the league.

inky

TBF, Brent, Brendan, who cares, they all sound like the same person to me.

"When people say to me: would you rather be thought of as a funny man or a great boss? My answer's always the same, to me, they're not mutually exclusive."

/​

IO0pqxZ.png

The Office US > The Office UK anyway innit

H7bIKlW.png

Yea, I don't know who you are, or who do you support but you are going on the ignore list.

Heh.

To be fair, I didn't know it was actually not Brendan, it just sounded remarkably like the quote could've come out of The Office.

Sneaky Shatner.

The Office US > The Office UK anyway innit

I think less of you as a person.

I know that's totally irrational, but I can't help it.

Yen

I'll be properly pissed if Brendan is sacked. I'll be properly pissed if we don't improve though. I'm properly pissed.

Also, I'm about to hand in a shit piece of coursework.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom