• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT10| -Proud Of Our Heritage-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Garcia last month claimed a statement by ethics judge Hans-Joachim Eckert on his report into bidding for the World Cups had contained "numerous materially incomplete and erroneous representations of the facts and conclusions" and announced he would appeal.

That appeal has now been declared inadmissible by Fifa's appeals committee, who said Eckert's statement was not a legally-binding decision and therefore could not be appealed against.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...ael-Garcia-appeal-over-corruption-report.html

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Raul on Del Piero "Best player in the history of Italian football, a person for whom I don't only have respect, but also lots of affection."

Madrid are absolutely halal after this

I was thinking of having my name shortened to Laboured then I realised my current name annoys people
nlFuAua.png

Blablurn

Elchele is a wonderful name. I imagine a hot latino lover when I hear Elchele. El Elchele. Maestro de adentro y afuera. El professor de l'amor.

bud

i wanted to change my name to hamster a while ago, but it was already taken.

i'm really bad with usernames.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Wtf? Those are all Juve players. What fucking biased award ceremony is this.
Nah that was just our players posing for our site

Winners XI: Buffon; Darmian, Barzagli, Benatia, Asamoah; Pogba, Pirlo, Vidal; Immobile, Higuain, Tevez

Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis refused to let his players attend the ceremony.

Fucking love him 😂😂😂😂😂

KidJr

How good was Del Piero... I understand some describe him as the best number 10 ever?

When I really got into football it was more Nedved running the show whenever I used to watch Juve as opposed to Del Piero so never really got it with him.

But one of my older friends was saying he thought he was possible better than Dennis Berkamp.

How good was Del Piero... I understand some describe him as the best number 10 ever?

When I really got into football it was more Nedved running the show whenever I used to watch Juve as opposed to Del Piero so never really got it with him.

But one of my older friends was saying he thought he was possible better than Dennis Berkamp.

Not even the best Italian number 10 on the world cup winning squad. Although he is not a really a number 10 like Totti or Dennis. He was more of a second striker

bud

Got my U2 ticket for next year
myyqQEs.png

YEAHYEAHYEAHYEAHYEAHYEAHYEAHYEAHYEAHYEAHYEAHYEAHYEAHYEAHYEAHYEAHYEAHYEAHYEAHYEAHYEAHYEAHYEAHYEAHYEAHYEAHYEAHYEAHYEAHYEAHYEAHYEAHYEAHYEAHYEAHYEAHYEAHYEAHYEAHYEAHYEAHYEAHYEAHYEAHYEAHYEAHYEAHYEAHYEAHYEAHYEAHYEAHYEAHYEAHYEAHYEAHYEAHYEAHYEAHYEAHYEAHYEAHYEAHYEAHYEAHYEAHYEAHYEAHYEAHYEAHYEAHYEAH

Zabojnik

Pre-injury Del Piero would've gone on to win EVERYTHING for years and years. He was absolutely sensational. Comparing that Del Piero to even the best Totti is simply risible, even though they aren't really all that comparable to begin with.

Jack cw

Pre-injury Del Piero would've gone on to win EVERYTHING for years and years. He was absolutely sensational. Comparing that Del Piero to even the best Totti is simply risible, even though they aren't really all that comparable to begin with.

I agree with this post. He could have been GOAT if it wasn't for that stupid injury.

Scum

TRANSFER GOSSIP
Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal is preparing a bid for Fiorentina's Colombia World Cup wide man Juan Cuadrado, 26, who is unhappy in Italy. (Daily Star)
Striker Emmanuel Adebayor, 30, has returned to Tottenham after compassionate leave but is expected to be farmed out on loan in the January transfer window. (Daily Mirror)
Atletico Madrid want to re-sign Chelsea striker Fernando Torres, 30, on loan at AC Milan, but only if he comes for free. (Daily Mail)
Real Madrid may have to pay another 3m euros if they want to sign Brazilian midfielder Lucas Silva, with his club Cruzeiro demanding 15m euros for the 21-year-old. (Marca)
Arsenal are considering a double swoop for Roma striker Mattia Destro, 23, and Napoli midfielder Marek Hamsik, 27, in the January transfer window but need to sell first. (Metro)
Manchester United and Chelsea midfield target Kevin Strootman, 24, will not be sold by Italian club Roma in January. (Daily Express)
Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers is lining up Norwich keeper John Ruddy, 28, as a replacement for dropped Belgian custodian Simon Mignolet, 26. (Daily Star)
Midfielder Alex Song has suggested he would like to make his loan deal at Upton Park into a permanent move from Barcelona. (Daily Mirror)

OTHER GOSSIP
Italian World Cup winner Gennaro Gattuso, 36, wants to return to Glasgow to manage Rangers when Ally McCoist leaves the club. (Daily Mail)
Liverpool's owners will carry out a review of their signing policy, with the club's transfer committee in the firing line following the recruitment of a number of under-performing players last summer. (Sun - subscription required)
Injury-hit Manchester City boss Manuel Pellegrini has become the latest Premier league manager to call for a winter break. (Manchester Evening News)
Tottenham's Danish midfielder Christian Eriksen, 22, reckons the club's tough new fitness regime under manager Mauricio Pochettino is responsible for their run of dramatic late victories over Hull, Aston Villa and Swansea. (Guardian)
QPR face an anxious wait as they prepare for the possibility of a legal battle with the Football League over any breaches of Financial Fair Play (FFP) regulations during their time in the Championship last season. (Times - subscription required)
Ajax manager Frank de Boer has revealed he would be happy to take over from under-fire Brendan Rodgers at Liverpool. (Daily Express)
Craig Gardner, West Brom's match-winner against Aston Villa, says under-fire manager Alan Irvine will lead the Baggies up the Premier League table. (Birmingham Mail)
Former Liverpool midfielder Paul Ince has urged Anfield boss Brendan Rodgers to get rid of mis-firing striker Mario Balotelli, 24. (Talksport)
Reading want former West Brom manager Steve Clarke as replacement for Nigel Adkins, who was sacked by the club on Monday. (Sun - subscription required)
Yeovil boss Gary Johnson believes his side and Accrington Stanley are vying for a £250,000 windfall when they face each other in the FA Cup second round on Tuesday for the right to face Manchester United in round three. (Independent)

BEST OF SOCIAL MEDIA
Manchester United's injured midfielder Daley Blind has saluted his former club Ajax's award as Netherlands sports team of the year and his own sportsman of the year of Amsterdam.
Chelsea full-back Cesar Azpilicueta is looking forward to facing Paris St-Germain in the Champions League once again. And he's looking forward to a similar result.
After Manchester City were drawn to face Barcelona in the Champions League, the Spanish club's star striker Lionel Messi took to Facebook to say he was looking forward to facing Argentina team-mate and City forward Sergio Aguero in the tie, while also mocking him for his abilities on the Fifa football video game.

AND FINALLY...
Brazil striker Neymar has revealed why he turned down Manchester City's repeated transfer bids before joining Spanish giants Barcelona - he did not fancy playing in the English mud. (Daily Telegraph)

loooool Neymar.

Pre-injury Del Piero would've gone on to win EVERYTHING for years and years. He was absolutely sensational. Comparing that Del Piero to Totti is simply risible, even though they aren't really that comparable.

True that Del Piero was insane. But then Totti also had a potential career ending injury and came back amazing.

Totti would have won just as much with Juve or RM.

But you are right. Del Piero was always the better goalscorer, while Totti is more creative. They both have always been asked to do different jobs for their teams.

I always find it interesting that Raul said CASSANO was the most talented player he has played with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom