• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT10| -Proud Of Our Heritage-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

I missed the Del Piero talk earlier in the thread but I'd just like to say that he was my favourite player when I was a little premface and had just discovered that they played football in places other than the British Isles. He was the epitome of cool back in the late 90's.

Zabojnik

I missed the Del Piero talk earlier in the thread but I'd just like to say that he was my favourite player when I was a little premface and had just discovered that they played football in places other than the British Isles. He was the epitome of cool back in the late 90's.

He still is. <3

FuturusX

I'll be properly pissed if Brendan is sacked. I'll be properly pissed if we don't improve though. I'm properly pissed.

Also, I'm about to hand in a shit piece of coursework.

He's already sacked. I'm sure they are looking at options. If he can turn things around the decision can be reversed. But it's not likely. He's done.

inky

Ah yes Del Piero.

I remember when in 2002 (WC) we were beating Italy 1 to 0 with one of the best headers I've seen. Then Del Piero came in as a sub and equalized with like 5 minutes to go, and that was that.

jts

...hate me...
Is Sterling good enough for Bayern?

I mean first team good? Can't really see it at the moment to be honest.
Well, if Götze is...

Sterling does look a bit lost without good players around him. That shouldn't be so much of a problem at Bayern.

Well, if Götze is...

Sterling does look a bit lost without good players around him. That shouldn't be so much of a problem at Bayern.

He is better than Shaqiri I hope but in the end this is all from his agents corner trying to get more out of Liverpool.

Probably.

It really is better for him to be at Liverpool at this stage of his career. He will always be playing and I really can't see that happening for him in most top clubs at the moment.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
MY MAN!

And not only are you Irish, but you (used to) like GnR too

Seems as good a time as any to watch 289 Del Piero goals for an hour or so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-SUyc0nveg
:((((((((

He was absolutely fucking sensational before he got Falcao'd &#128557;&#128557;&#128557;&#128557;&#128557;&#128557;&#128557;

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
If they do sack him, its a poor decision.

At the moment it's an AVB situation. His star player is gone and people don't know whether the boatload of new signings are actually players he wanted. It's hard to tell exactly what role he played in assembling this squad.

Linius

Got my Christmas shopping done, feels good man
p1kx90C.png

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I just remembered why I love our resident Blackburn supporter Jeff

He had (as he called it) 'the Del Piero' sideburns in high school

Linius

I still have to buy for Dean, grandparents, secret Santa at work, my girlfriend's family...

fuck money

That's a lot eh

I bought for my grandpa's and parents this afternoon. And now I'm done. Except for one thing I bought everything wrapped, I can't wrap for shit.

Blablurn

The problem is, no winger will have it easy as long as Robben and Ribery are still playing.

Robben is probably in the shape of his life and Ribery has a huge standing in the club. Plus he plays pretty good too lately.

And if they are injured, you have Müller and Götze to replace them.

It's difficult for wingers at Bayern. Not even sure if Reus would become a starter. UNLESS one of them shows dramatic changes in their form.

Wilbur

Banned
Just get a fleshlight for Dean.

And what about Lloyd ?

Got lloyd a 3ds game m8

That's a lot eh

I bought for my grandpa's and parents this afternoon. And now I'm done. Except for one thing I bought everything wrapped, I can't wrap for shit.

I know what im getting my grandparents, just havent got round to buying it yet

Fuck dean

I want it

GorillaJu

At the moment it's an AVB situation. His star player is gone and people don't know whether the boatload of new signings are actually players he wanted. It's hard to tell exactly what role he played in assembling this squad.

This is true, and like AVB I fear that sacking Rodgers won't solve the real problems in the team, it'll just be putting someone's head on a spike because someone's gotta take the blame.

I'm not married to the idea of Rodgers being our manager for years to come. If he gets sacked then so be it, onward and upward.

But putting Rodgers in the CL and taking away Suarez is like saying "okay, you did a great job in the last race. Try this race, it's even harder," then lopping one of your legs off. Lose Sturridge and that's a hammer in your other kneecap. Even a manager much better than Rodgers would really struggle with this.

Yes we did spend a lot of money with the Suarez income, but with a few exceptions they were essentially depth signings, and we needed depth desperately last year even when we had Suarez. Depth is why Man City won the title and why we lost it.

We need depth AND a replacement for Suarez. Look at that spending chart and see what teams can afford stuff like that. United are investing 190m in a marquee player with Di Maria and 103m for a player with a future ahead of him. Juan Mata was essentially a morale-instilling attempt and he cost ass loads too. United, City, Chelsea, Real, Barça, PSG can afford to buy depth and first team stars as well.

I would like to see us persist with Rodgers, because while the results are shocking at times I think we still show signs of playing good football, like against Man Utd which was encouraging if by nothing else than by the number of chances we had to score goals. We were undone by a great goalkeeper and some nervy finishing by a 19 year old winger being asked to play up front alone for the first time.

Slizz

At this point in time there still is no reason to sack Rodgers. It would be a bad move unless Pool have a crazy wildcard manager signing in their backpocket(which can't be the case because the crazy wildcard would be someone currently managing a diff team).

The team has holes just like United does. Some in the same spots and some in different spots(striker)

Brendan can easily get into some philosophy type job if he is sacked

“I’ve always said that you can live without water for many days, but you can’t live for a second without hope.”

If Liverpool actually did some proper defensive training then they would probably be doing a lot better. The way Carragher talked about it on MNF was that basically they don't really do it and thats fine, but he's going to lose his job sooner or later for the sake of misguided philosophies.

I say misguided because he clearly doesn't have the players to follow through on them, top managers adapt when they have to.

Carragher and Neville pretty much said on MNF that Brendan doesn't do any training focused on the defense

Neville implied it, Carra pretty much confirmed it.

I don't really understand why we don't have a specified defensive coach. Surely enough time can be set aside in training for it, without sacrificing the training that Rodgers wants to do.

KidJr

Brendan can easily get into some philosophy type job if he is sacked

&#8220;I&#8217;ve always said that you can live without water for many days, but you can&#8217;t live for a second without hope.&#8221;

#dead

The brendan quotes are killing me at work

p.s. I thought you were making that up mate, thats an actual Brendan quote omfg hahaha

KidJr

10.”I use a quote with the players,“Per aspera ad astra”, which is Latin for ‘through adversity to the stars’.”

I've never really looked into some of his quotes before, they are actually sensational

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom