• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT10| -Proud Of Our Heritage-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

Watching Spurs for the last decade or so confirms as much without AVB's confirmatory comments.

For a season or two they seemed to have their shit together. I really thought Modric, Bale and VdV would get them regular CL, or their transfers fees would buy them a better squad. But yeah, the cock up has been mammoth. AvB wanted Moutinho but got Paulinho instead. Incredible.

pulga

Banned
:lol

Seems like we got a success fan here.

I wasn't even born when they played at Madrid, genius.

Great fun to tear apart?

ibg1yxwimtZgdv.png

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
You're only getting AVB's side of the story but it really does seem like Spurs are run terribly.

We certainly have a dysfunctional hierarchy at the club. But Levy is trying to change that now, shame we had to waste that Bale money for him to realise we need a proper scouting department.

AVB is also distorting things by saying he 'lost' VDV. He bought Sigurdsson and preferred him to Rafa, he let him leave when Hamburg came in for him. Perhaps if he has realised how important a player he was, we wouldn't have ended up where we are. The man scored 25+ goals in 2 seasons yet because he was a character AVB didn't feel he could use him.

He started the whole process of filling the squad with 'reliable' players rather than the most talented ones. That's why we've ended up with a team that can't win at home, there is no flair.

bud

imagine supporting two of the most successful clubs in football simply because your uncle gave you knockoff shirts of both clubs when you were little

imagine

pulga

Banned
imagine supporting two of the most successful clubs in football simply because your uncle gave you knockoff shirts of both clubs when you were little

imagine

wouldn't you be so happy bud

now you have to suffer at the hands of a senile fool
iiua15MM00Hgw.png

what a time to be not bud
ronaldld1cot7.png

You should at least respect Schuster more cause he brought you the title in 2008. But I guess you weren't even a fan back then :lol

When did I disrespect him? I was talking about PLAYERS not MANAGERS

You and jack seem to be in need of reading comprehension classes these days. Even I've learned from my mistakes.

inky

imagine

Whose origin story is this?

Imagine if said uncle bought a Leeds United shirt too.

Blablurn

wouldn't you be so happy bud

now you have to suffer at the hands of a senile fool
iiua15MM00Hgw.png

what a time to be not bud
ronaldld1cot7.png

When did I disrespect him? I was talking about PLAYERS not MANAGERS

You and jack seem to be in need of reading comprehension classes these days. Even I've learned from my mistakes.

But you keep making more and more.

inky

I see.

It's Suen.

LOL.

Well, in Latin American countries most people pretty much become Madrid or Barca fans by osmosis. Large Spanish communities and the language connection. TV stations and sport programs idolize them and would almost exclusively show them in international football highlight reels, so those are the clubs you've heard about growing up and the players you've seen play. Today it's a different story, but back in the late 80s and early 90s you'd never imagine how many popular teams in other leagues existed.

I have a friend who to this day probably doesn't know what Hala Madrid means and used to write it Alah Madrid or Ala Madrid on facebook until we started to make fun of him.

pulga

Banned
I see.

LOL.

Well, in Latin American countries most people pretty much become Madrid or Barca fans by osmosis. Large Spanish communities and the language connection. TV stations and sport programs idolize them and would almost exclusively show them in international football highlight reels, so those are the clubs you've heard about growing up and the players you see play. Today it's a different story, but back in the late 80s and early 90s you'd never imagine how many popular teams in other leagues existed.

I have a friend who to this day probably doesn't know what Hala Madrid means and used to write it Alah Madrid or Ala Madrid on facebook until we started to make fun of him.

Man, it used to be ONLY La Liga and Serie A (at its most absolute PEAK) back in the day

No EPL, no shoddy Bundeslolga

What a time <3

Rob Harris &#8207;@RobHarris 2m2 minutes ago

Garcia quits as FIFA prosecutor: "Lack of leadership ... within FIFA leads me to conclude that my role in this process is at an end"

tariq panja &#8207;@tariqpanja 2m2 minutes ago

FIFA Investigator Michael Garcia has resigned from his post after FIFA threw out his complaint over World Cup report

Graham Dunbar &#8207;@gdunbarap 2m2 minutes ago

Garcia reveals that Blatter, FIFA exco referred him to the disciplinary committee in Sept alleging unethical conduct. The move failed

Ugh

inky

Man, it used to be ONLY La Liga and Serie A (at its most absolute PEAK) back in the day

No EPL, no shoddy Bundeslolga

What a time <3

Well, yea, leagues were a lot more insular back then, but they still had amazing players you hardly heard about.

is your friend pulga

LOL. I don't have the pleasure :p But believe me, most local fans couldn't tell you 2 shits about the club they support. Pulga is the opposite, he wants to tell you too much :p :p

Facism

Gold Member
How easy to ignore / avoid is that 90%?

I personally used cheat engine to stock up on crafting materials because collecting them ingame was a pain in the fucking ass. When i didn't have to bother searching around and then seeing the same fucking 4 second animation over and over i was a lot happier with the game.

Some of it, like the endless fucking trudge to the war room, aren't easily avoided. The minor shit where idiots are like "lol gais i lost a buffalucunt can yous go get it for me pls mr inquisitar" can be avoided wholesale as they provide nothing worthwhile in experience points, loot and cash.

You, as the Inquisitor, have to go find some peasant farmers fucking bull halfway across the Hinterlands, and then walk it back to his pen. Fuck saving the world, this guy's cuntallo needs THE INQUISITOR to personally walk it home.

Sera's lips save the game, tbfh.

Ayip. Tsk. Tsk.

Baby it's all natural.

thats just RPGs in general though.

Dragon Age goes above and beyond by infesting a single-player with MMO-lite questing bullshit and lots of boring busywork. the fact that skyhold has about 18 fast travel points kinda points to the game having a lot of bloated, worthless real-estate and ideas.

Have RAWK started calling for Brendan's head?

The forum civil war is beginning, people who want him out right now with no suggested alternatives have started crawling out the woodwork. Same as it was throughout Rafa's time here. In hindsight, that was mental. There wasn't a single season where we went through the whole thing without reports of the club wanting Rafa sacked, or people on forums wanting it.

Helped me come to the conclusion that we're no better than the average set of fans, and are probably worse if anything.

What's your Steam name? I'm playing with/training Mastadon at the moment, and we're some kind of dream team. Won a legit match in 22 minutes last night :D

Lovren starting over Sakho again tonight

l1x61OA.png

Think they should both play tbh. We're so far behind 4th already, and are playing so badly in every part of the team, that we've run out of games in which we can give either of them the gametime necessary to prove that they have what it takes.

I'd rather play Sakho than Lovren though

Meier

Y'all are driving the head usage into the ground. Better when they're used sparingly. They're like a fine wine or something.

Bought Dybala on FM for like £5.5m, scores 4 goals in 17 minute - that was his debut, GOAT.

Ok I was playing Notts County in the FA Cup but I was 2-1 down at HT.

Im doing shit though, won the title in my first season, 9th with 2 games in hand in January in my second season. Costa kicked off because I sold Lucas Piazon and upset the squad, cunt.

Pennywise

I wasn't alive in the 70s m8 sorry
I only judge Breitner based on all the shit he speaks nowdays

Breitner was a cunt all the time.

Bayern got some great legends, and he is one of the few people that don't deserve any form of respect.

Beckenbauer for example just got old and get's paid to talk shit.

Pennywise

Had to put my dog down today.

Why is life so shit.

Sorry 3Sixty.

It's just a bad situation and no words will help you through it.
Cherish the time you had with your dog.

I still have so many fond memories of my dog.
He was part of the family the same year I was born, truly a great friend you grow up with.
It was a sad day when I lost him, as he was part of my life for 21 years (yeah a pretty long life).

Had to put my dog down today.

Why is life so shit.

That sucks man. I'm fearing the day for mine, it hasn't been up to full health the last years time now.

Bought Dybala on FM for like £5.5m, scores 4 goals in 17 minute - that was his debut, GOAT.

Ok I was playing Notts County in the FA Cup but I was 2-1 down at HT.

I'm so proud of him. Thinking about selling him now though, United are very interested in both him and Amartey (who I don't want to sell however). Dybala has been pretty inconsistent for me though, look at that 18/19 season. :disgrace

xq647mP.png

Many assists helps too though, and he has become a natural attacking left midfielder. Kind of want to splash a lot of cash on a top forward next summer, but then again, I got these two beasts in the U19. Hawkins already got quite a few cup and CL matches for me, he has been doing well and scoring goals.

quZf8SU.png

ysanuhx.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom