• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT10| -Proud Of Our Heritage-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

Just wait til you're out of school. You kids have no idea. I'm 31 and it feels like I was just finishing college recently. Time goes by faster and faster every year.

GorillaJu

Time feels like it goes slowly for me because I change jobs and locales a lot. It was 6 years ago that I lived in Seoul but it feels like an eternity.

jts

...hate me...
I'm 30.

For me time goes really slow when PSN stops working like right now
l1x61OA.png

During those moments, I can't be pwning some n00bs in FIFA.

I have to go get entertainment in Footy-GAF
tXwL4hD.png

pulga

Banned
I'm 25 and I'm at that point where I've just finished my Masters and have no clue what the fuck to do now.

It's the first time I don't have a plan. I wish I could skip to 30 right now and see where the hell I'm at.

I'm fucking scared. :(

2 episodes into Broadchuch, awesome so far. Strange as it has 3 actors who normally annoy me just to look at them, with David Tennant, Sophie from Peep Show and Pauline Quirke. Tennant's character is boss though. I want to live there.

Not sure I'm a fan of the guy who plays Danny's dad, his facial expressions are all over the place.

sohois

I went into the Goty 2014 thread over on gaming, before remembering that I've only played a single game this year, which was PES.

I didn't use to have any trouble getting a few games nominated, but slowly I've played less and less.

Tbf I have played plenty of older games this year though.

GQman2121

Banned
I'm 25 and I'm at that point where I've just finished my Masters and have no clue what the fuck to do now.

It's the first time I don't have a plan. I wish I could skip to 30 right now and see where the hell I'm at.

I'm fucking scared. :(

Better to be 25, and prepared for the future, than 31 like me, back in school and fucking broke as a joke. :(

I went into the Goty 2014 thread over on gaming, before remembering that I've only played a single game this year, which was PES.

I didn't use to have any trouble getting a few games nominated, but slowly I've played less and less.

Tbf I have played plenty of older games this year though.

Two of the three games I've played this year are the same two I played in 2013.

This seems like a weak year for games that align with my tastes.

Linius

My dad is such an idiot sometimes. I ask him if he's going to be in the bathroom because I wanted to take a shower. And he answers me he's going in a sense like I was asking a stupid question. Meanwhile we're 15 minutes past this moment and he's never gone into the bathroom and just went outside for his run. Cray.

Blablurn

How the fuck did they work out that fine? Do they fine you based on what you can afford to pay in Germany?

Oh shit. I just checked the story. Apparently he was driving his Aston Martin 3 years without a license lol. This is why the fine is so high. He got caught in March. The story came out now. He was also caught 5 times for fast driving by those speeder machines haha. But he always paid for those. But once he got caught on the streets, the whole thing came out.

Linius

Reus has to pay a 540.000€ fine. Because of driving without license. A true pug.

The hell? That fine doesn't sound German at all. You guys are fucking soft when it comes to fines. We pay our speeding tickets with a smile when we get them in Germany.

Hell, one time we had mistaken a taxi spot for a regular parking spot at Dusseldorf airport. So we did also pay parking costs at the machine. When we got back after two weeks our car was still there and the fine we got was less than the parking costs we paid :lol

Blablurn

The hell? That fine doesn't sound German at all. You guys are fucking soft when it comes to fines. We pay our speeding tickets with a smile when we get them in Germany.

Hell, one time we had mistaken a taxi spot for a regular parking spot at Dusseldorf airport. So we did also pay parking costs at the machine. When we got back after two weeks our car was still there and the fine we got was less than the parking costs we paid :lol

Well. One does not simply drive 3 years without a licence :lol We're not like Greece.

Linius

Yeah, I just read your second past. Now I understand.

By the way, I love that Germans include the picture with a speeding ticket. Makes a nice holiday photo.

Gibbo

First fan who quotes this post and says 'Newcastle is the best club in the world' gets a digital code for Metal Gear Rising PC. You have to be in the US to claim this code though (steam region restriction was something that i was not aware of when i bought this off amazon)

Gambit

You know, I think the Reus thing is further proof that (many/most) footballers are idiots. Of course, he was young when it started, but how can you keep driving cars without a license?

And his cars are not exactly blending in. He draws a lot of attention to himself and thought nobody would ever ask for his license?

BTW: I also think the fee is ridiculously low. They only charged him for driving without a license six times. Six times? he has done it for close to six years!

Blablurn

You know, I think the Reus thing is further proof that (many/most) footballers are idiots. Of course, he was young when it started, but how can you keep driving cars without a license?

And his cars are not exactly blending in. He draws a lot of attention to himself and thought nobody would ever ask for his license?

BTW: I also think the fee is ridiculously low. They only charged him for driving without a license six times. Six times? he has done it for close to six years!

What do you expect from the country that let's hoeness celebrate Christmas with his family lol

Gambit

What do you expect from the country that let's hoeness celebrate Christmas with his family lol

that's here in Bavaria. If you are friends with the Munich amigos, you can do as you please. It's my main goal in life.
I thought the rest of Germany would be more... Prussian.

Blablurn

that's here in Bavaria. If you are friends with the Munich amigos, you can do as you please. It's my main goal in life.
I thought the rest of Germany would be more... Prussian.
The police in Dortmund probably didn't care. You know how stupid they can be.

Linius

The real question is, does he get more than the fine? Over here you usually are prohibited from driving for a certain amount of time after such a stunt.

EDIT

Ah, just looked it up. Apparently that's also not the case over here. For some reason I always assumed that.

Gambit

The police in Dortmund probably didn't care. You know how stupid they can be.

As always, you speak the truth, Bla.

The real question is, does he get more than the fine? Over here you usually are prohibited from driving for a certain amount of time after such a stunt.

EDIT

Ah, just looked it up. Apparently that's also not the case over here. For some reason I always assumed that.

It is ridiculous. A neighbour's license was taken for DUI. Months later he was caught driving without his license. He was banned from even getting his license again for three years!

So why is it only a fine in this case? Seems very lenient for someone where money is of no concern.

First fan who quotes this post and says 'Newcastle is the best club in the world' gets a digital code for Metal Gear Rising PC. You have to be in the US to claim this code though (steam region restriction was something that i was not aware of when i bought this off amazon)

Sunderland Is the best club in the world.

Linius

It is ridiculous. A neighbour's license was taken for DUI. Months later he was caught driving without his license. He was banned from even getting his license again for three years!

So why is it only a fine in this case? Seems very lenient for someone where money is of no concern.

Yeah. Over here you can get banned from driving if you drive after your license is revoked. But if you've never gotten your license in the first place you can't get a ban. Just a fine. That's kind of strange when you think about it :p

Blablurn

Yeah. Over here you can get banned from driving if you drive after your license is revoked. But if you've never gotten your license in the first place you can't get a ban. Just a fine. That's kind of strange when you think about it :p

Holländischer Humor!

Zabojnik

Good morning everyone!

Cagliari - Juve tonight. Zeman vs. Allegri. Football on a Thursday. This is what it must feel like to be Roma.

Not even worth it

Good morning everyone!

Cagliari - Juve tonight. Zeman vs. Allegri. Football on a Thursday. This is what it must feel like to be Roma.

The FIGC must really hate Juve, allowing Allegri back on the Juve bench.

----

MGR was a game I was glad to be wrong about. I hated it at first, but once I got the hang of it, my days what a game. I still was shit and some of the fights to 4-5 hours for me to complete, but I was glad I stuck with it.

LegoArmo

Would a VPN work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom