• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT10| -Proud Of Our Heritage-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabojnik

serie a on a thursday

what a time to be alive

Barely, in Zeman's case.

soc_g_zdenek-zeman_mb_576.jpg

This is the day we lose the scudetto to Roma.

Meier

Looks like Groningen will sign Albert Rusnak on January 1st for an undisclosed fee. Poor Cambuur, you had a good run. I wonder if they'll take one of our other playmakers on loan in January to try and make up for it. He's a talented kid, City apparently tried to extend his deal but he wanted to leave permanently so we took the money that was available. I bet he'll end up being a big deal somewhere in a few years. :\

http://www.fcgroningen.nl/home/nieuws/nieuwsbericht/artikel/fc-groningen-contracteert-albert-rusnak/

From what I've read leading up to this, he's been one of the top players in the Eredivisie this season.

Meier

I read this article last month that ESPN wrote about him -- worth checking out:

Groningen players completely lost their heads when facing Albert Rusnak in September in a local Northern derby against Cambuur Leeuwarden. After the Slovakian midfielder opened the scoring with a sublime finish at the start of the second half, they understood stopping him would be nearly impossible and started hunting the youngster all over the pitch. Four Groningen players good booked in just two minutes after two nasty tackles on Rusnak, and coach Henk de Jong decided to substitute the star in order to protect him, before Cambuur ran out worthy 3-0 winners.

Went into some good detail on his play and how he's helped the club. No surprise Groningen swooped in.

confuziz

Banned
Looks like Groningen will sign Albert Rusnak on January 1st for an undisclosed fee. Poor Cambuur, you had a good run. I wonder if they'll take one of our other playmakers on loan in January to try and make up for it. He's a talented kid, City apparently tried to extend his deal but he wanted to leave permanently so we took the money that was available. I bet he'll end up being a big deal somewhere in a few years. :\

http://www.fcgroningen.nl/home/nieuws/nieuwsbericht/artikel/fc-groningen-contracteert-albert-rusnak/

From what I've read leading up to this, he's been one of the top players in the Eredivisie this season.

Great player, don't understand why he would go to Groningen though.

Meier

Great player, don't understand why he would go to Groningen though.

Stepping stone I guess. There were a few other clubs interested officially (Heerenveen and PAOK). I can't really blame him for not wanting to go to Greece even if PAOK are a pretty big club in their own right. Heerenveen are traditionally a little bit better than Groningen, right? Maybe there was a little more competition there, I dunno.

inky

I just read Billy Corgan's interview in The Guardian. He truly is an old man now. And so bitter. The 90s are dead and such.

Does it matter to you that Smashing Pumpkins are seen as a “classic” band?

Don’t give a fuck.

Really?

No, I don’t give a fuck. Look, let me give you a very simplistic scenario which is not meant to insult your intelligence, but just to make sure this crazy, wide-ranging conversation (5) has context: If young Billy had gotten the credit he deserved, when he deserved it, then things might have been different. Bands might have lasted longer, more tickets might have been sold. Having been through all that and having had to spend a lot of the 2000s having people try to take away from me whatever accomplishments they did give me … then here I am all these years later making a Smashing Pumpkins record that sounds a lot like Smashing Pumpkins and, childish as it may be, I thought there might be a moment of repose this time. But here comes the guy with the fucking steak knife that just can’t give the credit. So it reminds me of that 25-year-old that wasn’t getting the credit either. I’m never going to get the credit. That game is over. So I’m going back to being an aggressive, street-level artist.

Oh Billy. I still love you m67.

Telltale are making a Minecraft game.

Notice the lack of the Debuchy face.

Fuck Telltale. Truly hate them (not necessarily their games, some of which I think are good).

confuziz

Banned
Stepping stone I guess. There were a few other clubs interested officially (Heerenveen and PAOK). I can't really blame him for not wanting to go to Greece even if PAOK are a pretty big club in their own right. Heerenveen are traditionally a little bit better than Groningen, right? Maybe there was a little more competition there, I dunno.

Perhaps. Imo he should have just stayed there for the rest of the season and then move on to Twente or AZ. I do agree with you that he is really talented and could become a big player in the future.

Meier

Perhaps. Imo he should have just stayed there for the rest of the season and then move on to Twente or AZ. I do agree with you that he is really talented and could become a big player in the future.

His contract expired at the end of June so City wanted to get a little cash out of him (probably nominal, 1-2 million euro at most..hopefully incentivized with sell-on, buy-back, etc. options). I think Cambuur didn't have the money unfortunately. It was expected he'd leave as the loan was officially only until the new year -- they apparently have a minuscule wage budget as well.

CCS

Banned
I can't stand Telltale. I have nothing against narrative based games, but if your game is based around narrative then it better not fucking break when you try and transfer progress from one episode to the next. Happened to me and I've never played one of their games since.

/rant.

confuziz

Banned
His contract expired at the end of June so City wanted to get a little cash out of him (probably nominal, 1-2 million euro at most..hopefully incentivized with sell-on, buy-back, etc. options). I think Cambuur didn't have the money unfortunately. It was expected he'd leave as the loan was officially only until the new year -- they apparently have a minuscule wage budget as well.

Everyone has a miniscule wage budget over here :lol.

What a time to be a Man Utd fan :(

Garcia needs to find a way of leaking his original report without the leak being concretely linked back to him. Then blame it on FIFA, and watch them burn. They'd probably have him killed though.

TeegsD

Does anyone here pay attention to Scottish football? Could just be a rumor but apparently Sporting are looking at Dundee United's Stuart Armstrong. T'was wondering what thoughts were on him.

Holy fuck m8s

Reus did a interview with Sky Germany in which the guy drove Reus around Dortmund last year. During the interview, Bittencourt and Leitner appeared. Reus then told that Bittencourt and Leitner once stopped Reus' car pretending to be the police. Reus said he was scared as fuck in that moment. I was like "why?" back then. Now it all makes sense :lol :lol :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom