• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT10| -Proud Of Our Heritage-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Good stuff Kharma, congrats man.

Got four or five tabs open on my computer to apply for when I get home. Increasingly disillusioned and unsure about what to do or what I'm capable of though.

Might actually answer one of the TEFL emails I keep getting and see what teaching English in thie country is like.

Then I'll move to Japan and become best friends with Morsel-chan and we'll start our own academy.

Blablurn

Holy fuck m8s

Reus did a interview with Sky Germany in which the guy drove Reus around Dortmund last year. During the interview, Bittencourt and Leitner appeared. Reus then told that Bittencourt and Leitner once stopped Reus' car pretending to be the police. Reus said he was scared as fuck in that moment. I was like "why?" back then. Now it all makes sense :lol :lol :lol

Incredible haha

The_Poet

Banned
Just saw the league cup draw, Spurs should make it through to a final (finally).

Then we'll get stomped by one of our 2 biggest bogey teams over the last couple years

Bold One

Person of Interest Season 3 let's go

Sarah Shahi, Taraji P. Henson and Amy Acker
TGNz0rC.png

Wilbur

Banned
Does anyone here pay attention to Scottish football? Could just be a rumor but apparently Sporting are looking at Dundee United's Stuart Armstrong. T'was wondering what thoughts were on him.

lol

Scottish football is the second most irrelevant league in Europe after the Bundesliga

pulga

Banned

Got four or five tabs open on my computer to apply for when I get home. Increasingly disillusioned and unsure about what to do or what I'm capable of though.

Might actually answer one of the TEFL emails I keep getting and see what teaching English in thie country is like.

Then I'll move to Japan and become best friends with Morsel-chan and we'll start our own academy.

Im with you m8, for every interested reply I get back, it's like 50 emails saying NO ;_;

Can you get me a job at Nandos?

#PrayForWilbur&Pulga

Bought 250 Steam Profile Backgrounds for 0.07 cents each. Spent 5 dollars in total.

Changed all of them into gems (as well as the Steam Cards in my inventory) for 40 dollars.

What a time to be alive.

Hixx

I can't understand the love for Telltale. They make shit, apart from Sam and Max season 1.

Sometimes I don't want to play a game where I'm hitting buttons every second. Sometimes I'm not in the mood to watch a film.

Telltale's games are a great compromise. TWAU, Walking Dead season 1 and 2 and even the first episode of Borderlands I've really enjoyed. Only enjoyed Dark Souls 2 more than Wolf Among Us this year to be honest.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
I can't understand the love for Telltale. They make shit, apart from Sam and Max season 1.

Yeah I don't get it. I felt like i was living in an alternate reality that year when the gaming press were getting a collective throb on for the walking dead.

I guess adventure game fans can't be too picky these days.

pulga

Banned
Today's the start of our annual football tournament where every generation graduated from my high school (and the seniors, I believe) is elegible to form a team and compete.

We're gonna get wrecked. Repping my Tevez kit today.

Zabojnik

WHAT

WHY

I'M WORKING

JESUS FUCKING MAROTTA

The Colbert Report ends today. The scudetto will be lost today. You're working and will miss the game. Blablurn suddenly decides to love & watch Juve. Coincidences? I certainly don't think so.

What does it all mean though.

Arnie

In the post Noel.

Thrown some extra goodies in there. If you don't want them they'll make half-decent stocking fillers.

The first season of the walking dead and TWAU are some of my favorite games the last few years.

Eh they are hardly even adventure games anymore, the first few eps of TWD seemed to be, but now it's mostly an interactive story, which I am perfectly fine and happy with. There has been more than a few good traditional adventure games( a genre that I also truly love) released recently, so you certainly can be picky.

kharma45

Just keep plugging away, things are picking up and big firms are taking on more people.

Ooof well in lad.

That's boss.

Hoping for another rise come July, profits and revenue up again by a sizeable amount at the end of our FY.

jts

...hate me...
Tropical Freeze is my GOTY.

Still have to decide about the rest. If remakes (GTA V and TLoU) don't count, it's a Nintendo fest tbh.

Pennywise

Yeah I don't get it. I felt like i was living in an alternate reality that year when the gaming press were getting a collective throb on for the walking dead.

There are plenty of point and click adventures out there, the Telltale stuff is something different and that doesn't make them bad.

TeegsD

What are your games of the year then?

I think I'd go for:

1. Dark Souls 2
2. Binding of Isaac Rebirth
3. South Park

Mine is Mario Kart 8, hands down. Smash for WiiU is getting there. Currently playing Stick of Truth and loving it thus far, its literally like playing through an episode of South Park and I love it.

Rikkun

I think the only 2014 game I've bought is Smash Bros.

for the 3DS

;_;

plug.gif

I don't even know what I played. Too little. And mainly old games.

But it's probably something like

*checks Backloggery*

The Evil Within
Smash WiiU
Rogue Legacy

I played like ten 2014 titles :V

I think I'd go for:

1. Dark Souls 2
2. Binding of Isaac Rebirth
3. South Park

1. Dragon Age: Inquisition
2. Football Manager 2015
3. TLoU: Remastered

I'm currently playing Wolfenstein though. It's ugly but the serious tone + old school wolfenstein gameplay (I can collect helmets for armor!) is such a fantastic combination. Let's see if the story holds up.

Miggy Delaney saying United are trying to sign Strootman and Ron Vlaar in January.

http://www.espnfc.com/manchester-united/story/2204964/manchester-united-could-sign-kevin-strootman-from-roma-in-january

Now, United sources have told ESPN FC that they may be able to push the deal through in January, and Roma will be more ready to negotiate despite their public statements to the contrary. Strootman could cost upwards of 30 million pounds

Ron Vlaar -- another player to appear under Van Gaal for Netherlands -- remains an option. His contract runs out at the end of the season, but Aston Villa have been demanding up to 12 million pounds for any move next month.

Didn't even finish TLOU Remastered. Gameplay wasn't for me, adored the world and the characters that they created. Amazing atmosphere, but the gameplay....nope.

And suddenly I know what to play next. Fuck Dragon Age. Thanks, Will!

Trust me Zabo, and you'll go far

L1NETT

played fuck all squared

top 5 from what I have;

Valiant Hearts
Far Cry 4
Invisible Inc
Never Alone
The Banner Saga (been playing a lot recently, right good)

Some good stuff, but a pretty barren year.

--

Well done Kharma! :)

Zabojnik

Didn't even finish TLOU Remastered. Gameplay wasn't for me, adored the world and the characters that they created. Amazing atmosphere, but the gameplay....nope.

So odd. Seems to have happened to Bla too. I'd understand it if the gameplay was like really bad or something, but it's actually pretty solid, if not exactly revolutionary.

Ehm.

1. The Wolf Among Us
2. South Park
3. Bravely Default

It was a pretty bad year for most big games. FM15 and Kentucky Route Zero were pretty good too, Shadowrun: Dragonfall, banner saga and dragon age seems pretty good too, but haven't played them all that much. Still need to play valiant hearts despite owning it.

What were your problems with the gameplay?

How far did you get?

Looked at a guide that indicated I was about 3/4s through. Watched the final bits on YouTube so I know how it all went down.

Erm it felt to trial and error heavy to me, avoiding the infected was too frustrating, too easy to make a mistake and then you're dead. After a while it felt like I was just memorising AI patterns and avoiding them based on that. And I hate that, I hated it in Outlast and I hated it here.

I didn't like how AI of other human characters led them to just run past enemy's without them noticing, when if put a toe out of line and get spotted. I understand why it was like that, it would have been unplayable if the human AI alerted enemies. It just pulled me out of the game.

Hixx

Looked at a guide that indicated I was about 3/4s through. Watched the final bits on YouTube so I know how it all went down.

Erm it felt to trial and error heavy to me, avoiding the infected was too frustrating, too easy to make a mistake and then you're dead. After a while it felt like I was just memorising AI patterns and avoiding them based on that. And I hate that, I hated it in Outlast and I hated it here.

I didn't like how AI of other human characters led them to just run past enemy's without them noticing, when if put a toe out of line and get spotted. I understand why it was like that, it would have been unplayable if the human AI alerted enemies. It just pulled me out of the game.

Trial and error never came into it on my playthroughs. If you are struggling with clickers, all you have to do is crouch and move as slowly as possible. If they get too close, throw a bottle. If you aren't carrying a bottle or a brick, U WOT m8!?

Genuinely think it has some of the best stealth mechanics in any game I've played. The shooting is fucking great. Loved the melee. The crafting. The story. The visuals.

Loved everything about it. What a game.

Pennywise

Trial and error never came into it on my playthroughs. If you are struggling with clickers, all you have to do is crouch and move as slowly as possible. If they get too close, throw a bottle. If you aren't carrying a bottle or a brick, U WOT m8!?

Genuinely think it has some of the best stealth mechanics in any game I've played. The shooting is fucking great. Loved the melee. The crafting. The story. The visuals.

Yeah.
Well, I always wondered why so many fucking bottles and bricks were part of each level.
Once I played grounded, I fucking knew it.

I just don't think that gameplay style is for me, I enjoy it in small doses but I can't do it for a full game. I just don't have the patience.

Obviously it's a fantastic game and my criticisms are personal, I don't think it's ridiculously overrated or anything like RDR.

I just don't think that gameplay style is for me, I enjoy it in small doses but I can't do it for a full game. I just don't have the patience.

Obviously it's a fantastic game and my criticisms are personal, I don't think it's ridiculously overrated or anything like RDR.

You just made yourself an enemy today.

Hixx

this is too serious for a face now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom