• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT10| -Proud Of Our Heritage-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Pes 6 was the greatest

Edit: The fact this is top of the page confirms it

Pes 6 was the greatest

Edit: The fact this is top of the page confirms it

1417962277057.gif

jts

...hate me...
FIFA 98 (road to world cup) on the N64 was crap. I played the hell out of it but it was bad. I actually fired it up some months ago, unplayable.

Granted, maybe it was a whole lot better on the Playstation though. Never played it there. Only FIFA 97, which was quite nice indeed.

Indoor football on these games was the best thing ever though.

WHAT ARE EA AND KONAMI DOING

Hixx

PES6 was by MILES the best

Playing as Inter online for Adriano's 99 power shooting
CZooEXr.png

Being able to put your strikers on the shoulder of defenders in the tactics and people accusing you of being cheap
oiADDQI.png

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
FIFA 98 (road to world cup) on the N64 was crap. I played the hell out of it but it was bad. I actually fired some months ago, unplayable.

Granted, maybe it was a whole lot better on the Playstation though. Never played it there. Only FIFA 97, which was quite nice indeed.

They know we are going to buy shit anyway, so why add the greatness that was indoor football back.

jts

...hate me...
He thinks PES3 is better than 4 and 6
JzKGOjM.png

He can't be trusted.

PES 3 was too rough.

But some people vastly prefer the much slower paced and harder to play PES 5 over 4 and 6.

I was so OP with Manchester United on PES 6. Rooney and Saha pls.

Wilbur

Banned
Seriously though PES 15 is great. I've played like 40 games on single player master league already

I get past the close of the transfer window on fifa and i lose patience

jesalr

I was moving a delivery of plasterboard and insulation sheets into the house, and a huge gust of wind took 6 140mm sheets of the wall and crush me. Royally fucked my knee.

Worst thing about it is that it's my Birthday tomorrow and now I can't go out.

Arnie

Seriously though PES 15 is great. I've played like 40 games on single player master league already

I get past the close of the transfer window on fifa and i lose patience
Online' good, although playing against Real is infuriating because of the ridiculous through balls.

Need to start Master League at some point.

Pennywise

Best games of all time:

Metal Gear Solid 3
Resident Evil 4
Devil May Cry 3
Super Metroid
Earthbound/Mother 3
The World Ends With You
Shadow of the Colossus
Fifa 98

My list :
Shenmue
Persona 4 Golden
Yakuza 4
Secret of Mana
Resident Evil Remake
PES 5
FF7
MGS
System Shock 2
KOTOR 1+2

Most likely forgot something.

Wilbur

Banned
Online' good, although playing against Real is infuriating because of the ridiculous through balls.

Need to start Master League at some point.

I haven't started online yet; i really enjoy single player games more so i'm glad this one is playable.

Will have to get stuck in over Christmas. Six days off starting Tuesday.

inky

PES 5/WE 9 was GOAT.

PES 6 was good too, but Seabass is a fucking Inter fanboy and always made Adriano retarded. Playing against him online match after match was disgusting.

jts

...hate me...
I would make a totally arcadey football game. No shame. No real players. No real teams.

11vs11 is in.

5 a side is in.

Custom pitch sizes and number of players a side are in, even.

It would be easy to play, fast paced, and you could pull over da top plays and goals.

But it would be competitive and fair.

Lets kickstart this shit.

Linius

Aw yis, Christmas holidays started today for me. But that also means I'm gonna be working some more. But still, good times ahead.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
I would make a totally arcadey football game. No shame. No real players. No real teams.

11vs11 is in.

5 a side is in.

Custom pitch sizes and number of players a side are in, even.

It would be easy to play, fast paced, and you could pull over da top plays and goals.

But it would be competitive and fair.

Lets kickstart this shit.

gaf member kingPenguin is working on an awesome little football game

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=341986765

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=138966085#post138966085

Zabojnik

Uncharted is the most overrated game series of all time IMO. I think The Last of Us is overwhelmingly better.

I honestly can't imagine anyone playing U2 at the time it was released and thinking that of the game / series. It was quite similar to TLoU in terms of it being a somewhat defining game for the platform.

Wilbur

Banned
I honestly can't imagine anyone playing U2 at the time it was released and thinking that of the game / series. It was quite similar to TLoU in terms of it being a somewhat defining game for the platform.

U2 was the first game since Oblivion I couldn't stop playing

inky

Uncharted's insane popularity comes mostly from console warz fanboys who after many years found one game to get one over Xbots. It has amazing graphics, and impressively done set pieces, but it falters in many other ways. Puzzles can't be possibly called puzzles because there is no challenge or thought to any of them. Platforming is alright, but nothing amazing. Certainly not as well designed as something like PoP Sands of Time. And there's enough padding in Uncharted games to make winter clothes for all of Iceland. Fuck, the third game was alright I thought, but how many times do I have to fucking quicktime brawl with that bald dude in the exact same sequence of punches?

It's a great series, top ten material for the console, but way overblown.

Linius

I like U2 too, or are we not talking about the band?
o3abnfi.png

Uncharted is the most overrated game series of all time IMO. I think The Last of Us is overwhelmingly better.

You're overrated

I wonder what its like to win a thing like X Factor, live the high life for a matter of weeks, and then lose it all and have to go back to normality, with people recognising you as you go about your day-to-day life.

I wonder what its like to be Steve Brookstein

Wilbur

Banned
You're overrated

I wonder what its like to win a thing like X Factor, live the high life for a matter of weeks, and then lose it all and have to go back to normality, with people recognising you as you go about your day-to-day life.

He lives about 15 minutes from me. My mum was next to him in a coffee shop recently and apparently he was talking really loud trying to get people to notice him.

Linius

You're overrated

These people can live a comfortable life from all the small gigs they can do everywhere. Appear on TV. Get royalty's on that one hit they had. They've got it easy. They may not be super rich, but they don't really have to worry about stuff.

FIFA 98 (road to world cup) on the N64 was crap. I played the hell out of it but it was bad. I actually fired it up some months ago, unplayable.

FIFA 98 on the PS1 and the Saturn, for that matter, were great. Indoor matches, customise your own teams, players and stadium. It was ahead of its time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom