• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT10| -Proud Of Our Heritage-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
like critics' opinion mean shit. It's like in art, they will go according to the current "hip" thing and hype it.

Under the Skin could have been a great film, but it is pure shit aside from the cinematography/art direction part.

Great acting, great thematic movie, good pacing, some gorgeous cinematography, haunting score

Best film of 2014 for me so far

Wilbur

Banned
Good pacing? it goes from slow to slower.
Great acting?

Why is slow a bad pace for a film?

Johannsson was great, and because the rest of the cast were unaware they were being filmed for large portions of it their performances are extremely naturalistic and genuine too.

Gone Girl was probably my favourite movie of the year. Amazing ride and some top notch performances. Still need to watch Whiplash, Foxcatcher and Birdman but I doubt any of them will be better than the one I'm watching Monday, John Wick or as I like to call it "Keanu murders 84 people because 2 guys killed his puppy".

Blablurn

91P8Z1cjiZL.jpg

sure u dont want my vita, zabo?

L1NETT

cannae decide between Grand Budapest and Pride

Loved Blue Ruin, '71, Frank, Locke and Maps to the Stars

Really liked Lilting, Dawn of the planet of the apes, Boyhood, Black Sea, Interstellar and Leviathan

Right need to see Cavalry again.

Wilbur

Banned
I'll never watch Her or Inside Llwelyn Davis

Forgive me Wilbur.

pls

The worldwide release wasn't until Jan 2014 tho.

It counts!

It was eligible for last year's awards m8888

Gone Girl was probably my favourite movie of the year. Amazing ride and some top notch performances. Still need to watch Whiplash, Foxcatcher and Birdman but I doubt any of them will be better than the one I'm watching Monday, John Wick or as I like to call it "Keanu murders 84 people because 2 guys killed his puppy".

Want to see all four of those films, none of them come out here yet.

cannae decide between Grand Budapest and Pride

Loved Blue Ruin, '71, Frank, Locke and Maps to the Stars

Really liked Lilting, Dawn of the planet of the apes, Boyhood, Black Sea, Interstellar and Leviathan

Right need to see Cavalry again.

Grand budapest was my second favourite of the year, interstellar third

Only seen 71, apes and locke out of the others ones you listed. I've seen so little this year; it's weird, considering i dont work full time I'm always so fucking busy.

I haven't been to the cinema this year so I haven't seen any 2014 film. But you don't need to have actually seen the films to judge their quality, just base it on the director and who's in it, that's the way the oscars are handed out.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I re watched Alien 3 and that is my movie of the year

Wilbur

Banned
The Grand Budapest Hotel and Boyhood are my faves.

I'm gonna try and watch a new film or tv episode every day I have the time in 2015, so I can continue to clear my obscene backlog. Makes more sense than sitting on the computer endlessly refreshing GAF

That, and to go running far more often are my resolutions

And to get a fucking JOB

Wilbur

Banned
Think GBH is Anderson's best film.

And his most Andersonian one as well

its like

how can you possibly get more Anderson

Also without having seen Inherent Vice/Birdman/Foxcatcher, Fiennes should win the Oscar.

McConaughey was great, Cumberbatch was decent. Can't think what other male leads I've seen this year. Serkis was brilliant but he doesn't stand a chance of a nom.

Zabojnik

I don't think we get to say this with a 1-point lead.

Roma merda though.

Zabo I love and agree with you.

The feeling is mutual.

It's certainly up there. With the likes of Ocarina of Time.

Mario 64, Ocarina, Pilotwings 64 and ISS '98. What a fucking combo.

sure u dont want my vita, zabo?

I'm sure. I'd rent it from you for 30€ or so though.

I´m digging Netflix´s Marco Polo.

So it's not shit after all? Interesting.

Messi

Bojack Horseman is the funniest thing i've watched all year. Also Oliva Wilde is in it for a bit. Will there be a second season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom