• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT10| -Proud Of Our Heritage-

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeegsD

Yeah it's not mad shit like "Today I learned how to fly an F16 raptor" or anything like that. Like I spend about a half a day improving my german so I'll write down, "I now know words x, y, z in german" or when I go for a jog I'll write down "I ran x km in y minutes". I also do it for interesting facts I learned from watching tv or reading or whatever.

I dunno, I feel like it does a good of shaming myself out sitting down and doing fuck all every day. It also forces me to read/watch/play something new rather than falling into my comfort zone.

You know, this is actually a good idea. Stealing it.

Yen

Zabo (or anyone else), do you have Elite: Dangerous? Is it any good?

Does anyone on footy-gaf have thick, dry hair and want products do you use to correct it?

Hixx

Gus moaning about our transfers.

The two you specifically requested have worked out well, Gus. Bridcutt the benchwarmer and FUCKLEY THE SHITCUNT.

Stick to coaching m7. You're alright at it.

inky

B5JQaCcCcAA0YiZ.jpg:large

fuck

thank god we have the winter break

We said no more FM talk pls

dc89

Oh, just stop with that me to you, to me to you, to me to you stuff
We've both got things to do from me to you, from me to you bruv

inky

Too late motherfucker.

What a time to be a Watford manager.

You lost at home to Inter m77. What are you even talking about :p

Ugh, you are making me really want to buy this. Last time I did I swear I played for 2 days straight without sleep the first time. My only problem with FM back then was that teams don't keep up with you in terms of reinforcing themselves after key players are sold or retire. 10+ seasons in you are pretty much the top club all of the time.

Sun: Eden Hazard has agreed to a stunning new £52m deal that will make him #CFC's highest paid player and keep him at the club until 2020.
OgCCciF.png

You lost at home to Inter m77. What are you even talking about :p

Won the away match though.

But lost the super cup. Inter won CL the season before.
D5Jy4CR.png

El Topo

What's with bands releasing albums with significant delays in various regions in this day and age? First Highasakite, now The Preatures...

What's with bands releasing albums with significant delays in various regions in this day and age? First Highasakite, now The Preatures...

Probably signed onto some small label, and need a bigger label to release outside their normal region. Of course it could just be done digitally but... Record labels.

El Topo

Probably signed onto some small label, and need a bigger label to release outside their normal region. Of course it could just be done digitally but... Record labels.

As long as they don't troll me like Highasakite. I think they switched labels and the album got delayed several times, from early April (maybe earlier) to end of August. For me as a consumer that's just bullshit.
I want to give them my money and I can't, unless I import the album.

As long as they don't troll me like Highasakite. I think they switched labels and the album got delayed several times, from early April (maybe earlier) to end of August. For me as a consumer that's just bullshit.
I want to give them my money and I can't, unless I import the album.

Yeah it's pretty annoying and most of the record labels are stuck in the fucking stone age when it comes to releasing albums. But what can you do, many of the smaller bands still rely heavily on their labels to finance touring and such, and can't just break free and be independent unless they got a huge underground following.

dc89

I wouldn't want too.

Yeah, i feel abit sorry for him. Not sure if he realises he's being royally taken the piss out off.

Then again, he's raising some good money for charity and probs pocketing a bit too.

:lol - you think it's gonna land?

El Topo

Yeah it's pretty annoying and most of the record labels are stuck in the fucking stone age when it comes to releasing albums. But what can you do, many of the smaller bands still rely heavily on their labels to finance touring and such, and can't just break free and be independent unless they got a huge underground following.

I'm not blaming the artists. They should do whatever they have to. I'm not even blaming the labels, since I guess often legal questions have to be resolved first. It's just that this is the first year in a while where several albums I've been looking forward to had a significantly delayed release date, which is unfortunate. Heck, we don't even have an official release date yet for 'Blue Planet Eyes' in Germany.

Why did Meier have to bring them up? Without him I wouldn't have stumbled upon them.

Meier

Why did Meier have to bring them up? Without him I wouldn't have stumbled upon them.
Ha! Sorry about that. Oddly enough, it actually happens somewhat regularly here in America with bands that used to be popular but no longer are. Kasabian, Kaiser Chiefs, Beady Eye..all of their recent releases came out ages after the UK date. Quite strange really. The Preatures are Aussie and that probably didn't help with them getting full worldwide distribution yet but I'm sure it will happen eventually -- can you listen easily via Spotify at least? The album was recorded here in Austin btw. :D

El Topo

Ha! Sorry about that. Oddly enough, it actually happens somewhat regularly here in America with bands that used to be popular but no longer are. Kasabian, Kaiser Chiefs, Beady Eye..all of their recent releases came out ages after the UK date. Quite strange really. The Preatures are Aussie and that probably didn't help with them getting full worldwide distribution yet but I'm sure it will happen eventually -- can you listen easily via Spotify at least? The album was recorded here in Austin btw. :D

Well, some of their other songs are available (Better Than It Could Ever Be, Two Tone Melody, Is This How You Feel), but not the album. I have a big enough backlog of bands to check out anyway, so it's not that much of a loss. Thanks for the recommendation though, I don't stumble upon bands I really like very often.

jesalr

Guys, I just woke up. It's my birthday!!!

This mix of gin and painkillers from the accident earlier is doing some real dirt to me right now. :p

Hixx

Happy birthday Bruv

This Marco polo series on Netflix is alright. Reviews seemed a bit middling so was expecting worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom