• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT10| -Proud Of Our Heritage-

Status
Not open for further replies.

inky

This is very true, the gulf in quality is incredible. The supporting cast is still good, sometimes very good, but Gandolfini is something else.

It's like the Ballon Door last year, Gandolfini is Messi/Ronaldo and the supporting cast is Ribery. Still very good, but only mentals like Blablurn can't see the difference in quality.

Eddie Falco is just as good. She'd be Neuer this year. Just because of the role she plays she is being overlooked
l1x61OA.png

And AJ is Balotelli
mqmd6Ld.png

Gambit

True.
The supporting cast isn't bad, but once you saw Boardwalk Empire and the massive quality on so many characters over every season, it's unmatched.

I'd agree, though I think Boardwalk's protragonist is less interesting than Tony. Obviously Buscemi is good, but Gandolfini was something else.

What is wrong with ribery????

And hojbjerg

And everone else

Wake up !!

Clearly we are missing Xabi. (and old Ribery...)

Wilbur

Banned
This is very true, the gulf in quality is incredible. The supporting cast is still good, sometimes very good, but Gandolfini is something else.

It's like the Ballon Door last year, Gandolfini is Messi/Ronaldo and the supporting cast is Ribery. Still very good, but only mentals like Blablurn can't see the difference in quality.

I think this is why I'm not loving it so far.

Any time not spent with Tony feels like a waste to me. Christopher and Carmela, I could not give a fuck about.

Wilbur

Banned
Gandolfini as Tony Soprano is the greatest performance in television history.

No question.

Probably. I think Cranston's fantastic, and far better than everyone else in the series too (but BB's supporting cast are better than Sopranos).

Ian McShane in Deadwood is as close as anyone's got to Gandolfini, I think.

There's a whole host of sublime ones in The Wire, but can't think of anyone that stands out the way those three do. Much more of an ensemble piece; Boardwalk too.

L1NETT

L1nny m8, did you watch the last episode of The Fall?

Yup

super dissapointed in the second series. Bar the first episode completely fell apart. Plot stretched so thin it became eye rollingly stupid and grew more predictable

Suppose there was never really a second in it and the first's ending meant they could squeeze another out. In hindsight they never should have, the first series by itself is some of the best TV I've seen in the last half decade or so

pulga

Banned
Post-grad GAF, do you guys write down your degree next to your email signature?

After some google-fu, the issue seems to be divided between "lolno loser" and "yeah why the fuck not"

El Topo

After some google-fu, the issue seems to be divided between "lolno loser" and "yeah why the fuck not"

Unless you got a PhD, don't pull that shit. Heck, even if you have a PhD, think twice about it. I wouldn't put my degree, whatever it is, in the e-mail signature.

Gambit

nope. Not the Master's anyway, don't think I will the PhD either (next year)

wedward

Probably. I think Cranston's fantastic, and far better than everyone else in the series too (but BB's supporting cast are better than Sopranos).

Ian McShane in Deadwood is as close as anyone's got to Gandolfini, I think.

There's a whole host of sublime ones in The Wire, but can't think of anyone that stands out the way those three do. Much more of an ensemble piece; Boardwalk too.

Soprano's supporting cast really improves. Especially Chris. Tony overshadows everyone though.

BB did have a pretty great supporting cast.

Ian McShane and Jon Hamm are runners up to Gandolfini for me.

BB never stuck with me the way Sopranos and Mad Men have.

Yup

super dissapointed in the second series. Bar the first episode completely fell apart. Plot stretched so thin it became eye rollingly stupid and grew more predictable

Suppose there was never really a second in it and the first's ending meant they could squeeze another out. In hindsight they never should have, the first series by itself is some of the best TV I've seen in the last half decade or so

Yeah, the first series was excellent stuff.

lol at the ending of the second series tho, what a massive cop-out hahaha

I did like the
scene between Stella and Spector tho, almost fourth-wall breaking.

halo chums you watchin this Halo 5 beta malarky

not liking it one bit :/

Looks hard to aim which is good but bar that not feeling it.

I don't think anyone will be surprised if it's shit.

They should spend more time listening to their fans and less time making shite videos defending their shite design decisions

pulga

Banned
nope. Not the Master's anyway, don't think I will the PhD either (next year)

Unless you got a PhD, don't pull that shit. Heck, even if you have a PhD, think twice about it. I wouldn't put my degree, whatever it is, in the e-mail signature.

Thanks guys <3 I think it looks ostentatious, but peeps try anything to get ahead. Think CV should be enough to get the point across.

L1NETT

Speakin of TV though, Dean...Babylon. That's a fucking show. Great last episode, probably won;t come back for a second as a bunch of amoeba run Channel 4 but whatever. Brilliant stuff.

Great year for TV.

Need to finish off The Missing.

Gambit

Soprano's supporting cast really improves. Especially Chris. Tony overshadows everyone though.

BB did have a pretty great supporting cast.

Ian McShane and Jon Hamm are runners up to Gandolfini for me.

BB never stuck with me the way Sopranos and Mad Men have.

I agree. McShane really pulled the whole show in his direction, because he just had such a fantastic presence. Even when he couldn't talk!

Jon Hamm, similar to Gandolfini, really disappears in the role. He IS Don Draper. It helps that he had never been well-known before. He is as magnetic in his perfomance and makes you actually care about a horrible person.

Arnie

I'd love the opportunity, yeah.

Jokes on you if I fuck up the interview, embarrass you and you get sacked.
Private message me your CV again.

I'll put stuff in motion. I can get you an opportunity and from there you'll either fly or simply enjoy the experience. Absolutely fucking shredded that my colleagues going but it does my standing in the agency no harm whatsoever.

Things change, we just have to adapt and move on.

I think you'll do well mate.

wedward

He's a left back meight

a big, physical and technically good one mind. Might have played centre back sporadically, need to ask an Ipswich fan innit

Hmm. Don't really need a LB right now but maybe buy him for the future.

Or Wenger will try and play him at CB.

Rikkun

Private message me your CV again.

I'll put stuff in motion. I can get you an opportunity and from there you'll either fly or simply enjoy the experience. Absolutely fucking shredded that my colleagues going but it does my standing in the agency no harm whatsoever.

Things change, we just have to adapt and move on.

I think you'll do well mate.

Zazo pls find Yurt and let's teach him how to be an Arnie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom