• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT10| -Proud Of Our Heritage-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarnet87

I expect Battle of the Five Armies to be the worst of the three Hobbit films. The actual battle is just gonna be CGI nonsense for 45 minutes. Should of been two films, Would have like to seen Del Toro's take on it, or Peter Jackson in original trilogy mode.

Hixx

CRAIG HOPE
(4-2-1-1-2): De Gea; Zabaleta,Terry, Cahill, Azpilicueta; Cattermole, Matic; Jedinak; Sterling; Suarez, Aguero

Christ, imagine trying to get through that midfield

Marc

Hixx - It is decent, if you like espionage and spy thriller things then its worth watching.

There are other shows I would recommend to watch first though.

I really want to play Elite Dangerous but it look super intimidating.

The Talos Principle for now.

It's not, do it!

Has a 'solo' mode and basically a big space playground to fuck around in, you'll get the hang of it.

inky

One of the many reasons Del Toro bowed out of making the Hobbit trilogy was because the production team was clashing too much with his ideas and designs, and they felt he was going to change Jackson's vision from the 3 previous films too much. I am a Del Toro fanboy and would've loved to have seen his version, but at the time of those rumors I kind of agreed with that idea.

After watching the first 2 movies all I can say is how wrong I was and Del Toro's version would've probably been amazing. Instead, we got like 8 hours of unnecessary bloated sequence after bloated sequence with only a modicum of what made the LOTR trilogy special.

Shame.

who is Clyne

Nathaniel Clyne. Currently at Southampton, future United RB cover.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Hixx - It is decent, if you like espionage and spy thriller things then its worth watching.

There are other shows I would recommend to watch first though.

I like those things. I could do with something to watch over the next few weeks if you have any suggestions.

I was thinking of watching person of interest. Apparently that gets good.

Hixx

I like those things. I could do with something to watch over the next few weeks if you have any suggestions.

Person of Interest is alright. Was watching it before I started BNN, just fancied something a bit lighter.

El Topo

Person of Interest is good for a procedural. It's something I'd rather watch in small bits though. I'd recommend Penny Dreadful, a slow, atmospheric, gothic horror TV series, but there's only eight episodes right now.

Marc

Homeland is the better 'spy' show, especially latter seasons. The Wire if you haven't watched it, slow burner but it is basically spying/espionage (hence the name) but with criminals. One of the best shows of all time (the best IMO). Breaking Bad if you haven't seen it.

Some smaller shows that you can get through quickly like Spartacus and Rome are top notch. True Detective if you haven't seen that, self contained 12 episode drama that is a great watch. Could catch up with Hannibal for Season 3, S1 is fairly meh, S2 is genius.

Yeah, but in spurts... there is a whole lot of filler for person of interest. I'm 'in it' now but would definitely not recommend it, at its best it is brilliant but that is pretty rare and has so many episodes.

Hixx

Valve are hilarious. Huge CSGO banwave just gone out... bet CSGO goes on sale tomorrow
Qn7jPOo.png

It's not, do it!

Has a 'solo' mode and basically a big space playground to fuck around in, you'll get the hang of it.

I had a bit of a read and it doesn't sound like the sort of game I'll be able to get much out of. I understand the grind is a significant part of the game, but people are saying about how they lost 2-3 hours "work" by dying. I don't fancy investing the limited time I have in a game like that, where potentially I could play for hours and get nowhere. Of course the stuff you have to do could be fun, but when there's no end game it's really all about progression. And I don't see myself progressing very far.

Also, The Talos Principle.

ATF487

just found out I'm not due back till the 5th

iA1S7dn62Q3Kk.png

I have to work on the 2nd but I can do it from home, so that's not bad.

Love the Christmas shutdown period. I only get like five holidays throughout the rest of the year but this nearly two week bit is glorious.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
This Bale talk is the pinnacle of nonsense, I want a new defence damnit

jesalr

Watching the second Hobbit, was the acting always so shit?

Also, some of the effects just looks really bad, especially for a movie only a year old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom