• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT10| -Proud Of Our Heritage-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Allardici will be the death of us all. Out-tacticed.

Im happy its at the Bridge for sure. 100% record so far at SB and we have good rotation/options, fresh players etc I'm hoping the fact that Jose can and has done that will work to our advantage over the Christmas period

GorillaJu

Fucking diamond engagement rings are the biggest scam in the world and anyone who buys one is a complete fucking idiot.

but that didn't stop me from doing it anyway today.

Fintan

Im happy its at the Bridge for sure. 100% record so far at SB and we have good rotation/options, fresh players etc I'm hoping the fact that Jose can and has done that will work to our advantage over the Christmas period
Should we sign a centre midfielder in January? Cabaye maybe?

Marc

Everything is shit.

That'll be due to the immigrants, you should emigrate to the UK and vote UKIP to make it all better!

Fucking diamond engagement rings are the biggest scam in the world and anyone who buys one is a complete fucking idiot.

Congrats OddMorsel!

Welcome to the club
IN HELL!!!
Nah, its good.
If you like hell.
Which I do.
Because she tells me to..

Should we sign a centre midfielder in January? Cabaye maybe?

Well Jose seems to think Mikel is playing well and he's not going to ACoN so I think the priority will be to get Ramires fit so we have a couple of choices in that position.

I'd be tempted to keep Chalobah and give him game time when he comes back from his loan (expires Jan 1st and no way will we let them extend it) but I know he won't do it.

In the summer we should sell both Ramies and Mikel and get better players. Rami has a lot of potentially but is too inconsistent and I think we could still get a lot of money for him.

iqn85lPNPvA0Q.gif

Scum

I don't get FM.

Good players. Decent tactics. Get my ass beat by a terrible opponent. Why do I do this to myself?

That's part of the fun, mate.

Scum pls, no. Football is meant for Christmas time, it would be shit without it.

ix5hNAArIgXiW.png

tumblr_m71dpyxB1s1r5niulo1_500.gif

Fintan

Well Jose seems to think Mikel is playing well and he's not going to ACoN so I think the priority will be to get Ramires fit so we have a couple of choices in that position.

I'd be tempted to keep Chalobah and give him game time when he comes back from his loan (expires Jan 1st and no way will we let them extend it) but I know he won't do it.

In the summer we should sell both Ramies and Mikel and get better players. Rami has a lot of potentially but is too inconsistent and I think we could still get a lot of money for him.
Yeah, you are probably right. We really do have to start playing guys like Chalobah and other youth players. Who knows, maybe even Romeu will come back next year a much better player!

Yeah, you are probably right. We really do have to start playing guys like Chalobah and other youth players. Who knows, maybe even Romeu will come back next year a much better player!

Romeu is dead :( I think he has 18 months left on his deal? He'll go somewhere else in the summer, shame really he's a very talented lad.

Jose is right. Mikel was brilliant yesterday.

We can still do better in that position and we need someone who can replace Matic when he's injured/suspended/rested. We have a 40% win rate without Matic I think I saw on Sky Sports News yesterday in the 10 matches we've played without him.

Mikel might be sufficient for certain things and Ramires can do those runs forward from the deep that Matic does but Matic offers us so much and it shows when he doesn't play because neither of them are that player.

If we were ever a one man team (not that we are, plenty of people playing well) i'd say it was Matic that was the man, he's fucking immense but we miss him too much when he's not available.

We can still do better and we need someone who can replace Matic when he's injured/suspended/rested. We have a 40% win rate without Matic I think I saw on Sky Sports News yesterday in the 10 matches we've played without him.

It would be nice if the club could have an even better backup for matic, I got a real hard time figuring out who that would be though. Giving chalobah the chance would be great, but I certainly don't expect him to du better and I have a hard time seeing a not crazy expensive backup cdm willing to ride the Chelsea bench as much as Mikel.

Fintan

Romeu is dead :( I think he has 18 months left on his deal? He'll go somewhere else in the summer, shame really he's a very talented lad.

We can still do better in that position and we need someone who can replace Matic when he's injured/suspended/rested. We have a 40% win rate without Matic I think I saw on Sky Sports News yesterday in the 10 matches we've played without him.

Mikel might be sufficient for certain things and Ramires can do those runs forward from the deep that Matic does but Matic offers us so much and it shows when he doesn't play because neither of them are that player.

If we were ever a one man team (not that we are, plenty of people playing well) i'd say it was Matic that was the man, he's fucking immense but we miss him too much when he's not available.
Romeu signed a new contract in the summer, didn't he? Until 2017, I think. No idea how he's been playing, but if he can kick on I wouldn't be against him being tried out. I'd assume the contract was partly signed to secure a future transfer fee, but maybe they saw some potential in him.

Elchele

It's kind of funny how 99% of the forum missed on bantergate, probably the best thread to happen this year at least.

I laughed for days just by remembering it. And the part when bla gets his username changed and bobito says:

I feel bad for Batongen and bla.

Bla especially as I get the impression he sincerally likes GAF and it just seems immature to take that happiness from his life.

pure gold

sohois

When are you planning to do it? I've got mine in mind for february, though I still haven't got a ring yet.

Scum

TRANSFER GOSSIP
Manchester United are ready to offer £120m to sign 25-year-old winger Gareth Bale, already the world's most expensive footballer, from Real Madrid. (AS)
Paris St Germain coach Laurent Blanc has run out of patience with striker Edinson Cavani, 27, paving the way for a £50m move to Arsenal in January. (Daily Express)
Manchester City are preparing a £25m bid for Atletico Madrid striker Mario Mandzukic, 28. (Daily Star)
French Ligue 1 side Nice want to sign Hatem Ben Arfa from Newcastle, after Hull City cut short a loan deal with the 27-year-old midfielder. (Daily Mail)
Per Cech's agent has confirmed talks have taken place between the Chelsea goalkeeper, 32, and Real Madrid. (Daily Star)
Striker Jermain Defoe, 32, has flown back to London to resolve his future - and is eyeing a move to Queens Park Rangers. (Daily Mirror)
Manchester United could face a battle to retain a string of their most highly-rated young players in 2015. (Daily Mail)

OTHER GOSSIP
Former Stoke and Crystal Palace boss Tony Pulis has said he would be willing to talk to Brighton about their managerial vacancy. (Talksport)
Former England striker Gary Lineker has backed Harry Kane, 21, to become one of the greatest forwards in Tottenham's history. (Evening Standard)
Cardiff City boss Russell Slade has revealed why he let 19-year-old midfielder Mats Daehli leave the club, claiming the Norwegian's "heart wasn't in it". (Wales Online)
Liverpool goalkeeper Brad Jones, 32, has told the dropped Simon Mignolet, 26, that he won't give up the number one jersey at the club without a fight. (Daily Mirror)
Andy Carroll has told Chelsea that there will be no 19th-century football from West Ham United when the 25-year-old forward's side face the league leaders at Stamford Bridge on Boxing Day. (Guardian)
Manchester City are set to confirm a trip to Abu Dhabi in January. (Manchester Evening News)

BEST OF SOCIAL MEDIA
England midfielder James Milner shows he's a good sport as he plays up to his 'boring' parody Twitter account on day 23 of Manchester City's online advent calendar. (Manchester City FC, via YouTube)
And on the theme of Christmas fun and games, Grimsby Town have had a lot of fun creating a parody 'advert' featuring the club's top scorer Lenell John-Lewis.
Arsenal and Chile forward Alexis Sanchez is a demon on the piano, it seems. In an Instagram posting by Arsenal team-mate Lukas Podolski, the 26-year-old is seen giving an impressive rendition of Richard Marx's 1989 hit 'Right Here Waiting'.

AND FINALLY...
Injured boxer Anthony Crolla has been lifted during his recovery by a telephone call from former Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson. Crolla was struck with a concrete block while attempting to tackle burglars who broke into his neighbours' home. (Manchester Evening News)

James Milner flicks through a copy of 'Avoid Boring People'
ibg1yxwimtZgdv.png

inky

Manchester City are preparing a £25m bid for Atletico Madrid striker Mario Mandzukic, 28. (Daily Star)

Well, Atleti are getting Torres after all, so it wouldn't surprise me. Mandzukic will be instant bench when that happens.

GorillaJu

When are you planning to do it? I've got mine in mind for february, though I still haven't got a ring yet.

Probably second of week in January is the first opportunity. If I learned anything ring shopping it's to find a reputable gemologist. I did a fair bit of research before hand so it was fairly easy to spot the bullshittery with the first few retailers, but the last guy I went to was honest and showed me lots of options and didn't try to up sell me. I decided on a cushion cut diamond that ended up well within my budget.

sohois

Probably second of week in January is the first opportunity. If I learned anything ring shopping it's to find a reputable gemologist. I did a fair bit of research before hand so it was fairly easy to spot the bullshittery with the first few retailers, but the last guy I went to was honest and showed me lots of options and didn't try to up sell me. I decided on a cushion cut diamond that ended up well within my budget.

I don't think i can even afford somewhere that employs a 'gemologist'. I'll probably just go to one of the big brand shops around town to pick one up.

The big issue is finding the time to do something like that in secret - not to mention that my and the gf share all our money so I don't know how I'm going to explain a chunk of it vanishing.

inky

Is this true?:

Assists in the Premier League:
Cesc Fàbregas: 12 (2014)
Jack Wilshere: 12 (2008-2014)

Damn.

It is

iU9wk9lPdhHay.png

Edit: although to be fair to Wengy, I doubt that statistic would read the same if he was at Arsenal. It would probably be: "missed clear chances" under their forwards, or worse yet "days out through injury".

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
As much as I hate Jimmy Fallon (or rather his brand of humor) I'm gonna give him credit for his latest shows, they really stepped up BIG time

Conan and Letterman will always be my bbs tho

OH BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATS!!! You're twice the man I'll ever be

possibly in size too

I don't think i can even afford somewhere that employs a 'gemologist'. I'll probably just go to one of the big brand shops around town to pick one up.

The big issue is finding the time to do something like that in secret - not to mention that my and the gf share all our money so I don't know how I'm going to explain a chunk of it vanishing.

take a loan (bank/friend) and then pay for it after you propose :p

I will never ever drink again. I'm done with it. Too old for this.

what happened :lol and what got you drunk?

Blablurn

As much as I hate Jimmy Fallon (or rather his brand of humor) I'm gonna give him credit for his latest shows, they really stepped up BIG time

Conan and Letterman will always be my bbs tho

OH BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATS!!! You're twice that man I'll ever be

possibly in size too

take a loan (bank/friend) and then pay for it after you propose :p

what happened :lol and what got you drunk?

Was a great evening. It started with a couple of Malibu's and orange juice, then fucking rum with cola, and at the bar a fucking cocktail called zombie. Got some burgers at McDonalds later on but I felt like puking when I ate them. Still finished them tho lol. And now I'm awake. Fuuuuuck. I love Juve.

wedward

Has anyone ever argued that Jack Wilshere is currently even half the player Fabregas is?

Jack has also never played on a squad anywhere close to as talented as the current Chelsea squad.

Esch

Banned
It's weird that the people who are most bitter about Cesc not being at Arsenal... Are people who don't like Arsenal

Brch14R.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom