• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT10| -Proud Of Our Heritage-

Status
Not open for further replies.

wedward

It's weird that the people who are most bitter about Cesc not being at Arsenal... Are people who don't like Arsenal

Brch14R.png

They aren't bitter. They just have an obsession.

Like Laboured.

When the Fabregas rumours happened in the summer I didn't want him. It made no sense to pay that much for a player that we didn't need if everyone was fit. Also, we should have spent the money on a CB, but Wenger is Wenger.

Now I really wish he was back because he is just a beast and our team is an injured mess.

But I still thing we made the right decision at the time. I think everyone knew that Fabregas was gonna have a great season because he is the most complete passer under 30 in the game. But when we have quality players like Ozil, Wilshere, and Ramsey already playing in the same area, and the team lacking in several other areas I don't think bringing Fabregas back could have been justified.

However, at the end of he day, what seperates the big boys from the wannabes is that the big boys make those buys regardless. They get an opportunity like that and they take it, especially when it is a stud like Fabregas, even if he did leave us in a nasty way the little cunt.

wedward

When the Fabregas rumours happened in the summer I didn't want him. It made no sense to pay that much for a player that we didn't need if everyone was fit. Also, we should have spent the money on a CB, but Wenger is Wenger.

Now I really wish he was back because he is just a beast and our team is an injured mess.

But I still thing we made the right decision at the time. I think everyone knew that Fabregas was gonna have a great season because he is the most complete passer under 30 in the game. But when we have quality players like Ozil, Wilshere, and Ramsey already playing in the same area, and the team lacking in several other areas I don't think bringing Fabregas back could have been justified.

However, at the end of he day, what seperates the big boys from the wannabes is that the big boys make those buys regardless. They get an opportunity like that and they take it, especially when it is a stud like Fabregas, even if he did leave us in a nasty way the little cunt.

Don't think we would be in a much better position with Fabregas. We aren't going to challenge until we have reliable CB's and a DM.

Don't think we would be in a much better position with Fabregas. We aren't going to challenge until we have reliable CB's and a DM.

I think we would be better because he is a better play than any we have and has been healthy. He also is the perfect player for Wenger's style of play. But you are right about the title challenge, I don't think signing him would have made us that much better.

Has anyone ever argued that Jack Wilshere is currently even half the player Fabregas is?

Jack has also never played on a squad anywhere close to as talented as the current Chelsea squad.

He also doesn't take set pieces in a team that is incredible at attacking the ball from them

Slizz

I'm such a Euro wannabe. Got a leather football(old school, soccerball) from a friend. Giving him an F1 Ayrton Senna painting(print) in return. Then also giving my other friend the Dutch home kit from the WC. Also bought myself a L/S United Kit from 09/10 for x-mas.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I'm such a Euro wannabe. Got a leather football(old school, soccerball) from a friend. Giving him an F1 Ayrton Senna painting(print) in return. Then also giving my other friend the Dutch home kit from the WC. Also bought myself a L/S United Kit from 09/10 for x-mas.

so fucking cool

GorillaJu

lol'd at this

The Wilshere/Fab comparison is a little odd because they aren't the same type of player.

Fabregas shows his fragility when he doesn't have Matic roaming around destroying the other midfield and then feeding him the ball.

I think Matic is currently Chelsea's best player and if he weren't so good, you wouldn't see Fabregas and Costa playing so well right now.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Must feel really great finding the one <3

never felt this with any woman

Onazi “If the opportunity to go to Liverpool presented itself to me I could not say no. We’re talking about a big club, and I’ve always wanted to play in England."

Just about to start Marco Polo, I hope it is good. I have high hopes with Netflix after House of Cards.

All I know is that Marco Polo is Italian and invented China or something, and Americans like to play a game named after him :p Should be good

Facism

Gold Member
Just about to start Marco Polo, I hope it is good. I have high hopes with Netflix after House of Cards.

All I know is that Marco Polo is Italian and invented China or something, and Americans like to play a game named after him :p Should be good

i watched a bit of it and am unsure if the Khan is that guy from the countdown episode of IT crowd.

[edit]LOL just looked it up, it is him.

i watched a bit of it and am unsure if the Khan is that guy from the countdown episode of IT crowd.

[edit]LOL just looked it up, it is him.

haha, I thought he seemed familiar. Couldn't quite by my tongue on it. Was gonna google him later.

How do you find it? Worth the watch?

Salazar

Congrats Odd

Nile Ranger festive update

Nile Ranger has gone missing from Bloomfield Road, manager Lee Clark has revealed.

The controversial striker has failed to turn up for training with the Seasiders for more than two weeks.

Incredibly, boss Lee Clark claims he doesn&#8217;t know where the 23-year-old is and has called for him to get in touch.

&#8220;If anyone can let us know where he is, send me a letter and we will go from there,&#8221; Clark told The Gazette.

&#8220;I don&#8217;t know where he is, I haven&#8217;t seen him for more than two weeks. He&#8217;s been asked to report into training and has been asked to play in games and he hasn&#8217;t been seen.

&#8220;For whatever reason Nile appears to be back in London but we don&#8217;t know why.

&#8220;We&#8217;ve told him of the training schedule but he&#8217;s decided that&#8217;s not in his plans.

SACK HIM

Fucks sake, Blackpool. Clark sounds like someone's mum.

Congratulations on your engagement, Odd.

I haven't had a drink in nearly a year now and it's been good. The only negative is the reaction you will receive at parties when you tell the host you're only drinking water:

PYdED6L.gif

And then they shuffle off and talk to people who do actually drink alcohol, because you are a weird freak for not drinking anymore. An absolute freak!

And for the next week i'm going to get people asking me if i'm taking part in Dryathlon early. Fuck sake. Almost makes me want a cold, refreshing tasty beer.

Rikkun

maybe :S

but i will stop by january 1st. i need a healthier life!!!

pls

I got tipsy yesterday with a single vodka lemon
run from a girl
came home
went to bed happy
now I want two big tasty bacon and play ps4.

life can be good when you're on vacation.

Facism

Gold Member
haha, I thought he seemed familiar. Couldn't quite by my tongue on it. Was gonna google him later.

How do you find it? Worth the watch?

i kind of passed out 5 minutes into it because of a cold and i haven't given it a proper watch yet :D

Happy Diwali, everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom