• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT10| -Proud Of Our Heritage-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn! More film watching?! Nice.

Enjoyed the first season of Arrow. Would be great to see more DC characters show up in Starling City.

I actually haven't watched a film in about 7 days :lol.

And Arrow only gets better from here on out.
The Flash (Barry Allen version) comes in around ep 7 or 8 I think.

Yen

Swansea and Leicester are our next two games? Christ if we don't win them both and close the gap then I just don't know.

Lightning

Banned
Sanchez is everything I wish the rest of the team were. Even after his poor penalty he didn't let it get him down, as our other players let their mistakes effect the rest of their performance, and my goodness does he put in a lot of effort. Guy works his ass off for the team, if everyone else done that we may not be so far of the title and outside the top 4 currently.

It's not the first time but Sanchez gets in really good positions in front of goal.

Scum

I actually haven't watched a film in about 7 days :lol.

And Arrow only gets better from here on out.
The Flash (Barry Allen version) comes in around ep 7 or 8 I think.

JDsIANu.png

Season 2 of the Wire doesn't get enough love.

It's my favourite actually.

S2 is fantastic, yeah. I actually didn't like it as much as the other seasons initially on my first watch, mainly because I wanted more stuff in the projects and shit, but as it goes on, it becomes this almost Shakespearean tragedy :( heart breaking.

FuturusX

Season 2 of the Wire doesn't get enough love.

It's my favourite actually.

Agreed it's utterly brilliant and testiment to David Simons vision of what the show would be. Best show to grace the small screen ever. What a great chapter, I mean season ;)

Hixx

Hahaha the few thousand left in the ground booed? After an away win in the derby?

Sad fucks.

Absurd mentality that holds north east football back.

Our players didn't give a fuck when hull didn't roll over. It was a disgusting performance.

Booing is for gonks but they deserved abuse for the performance.

jts

...hate me...
It's hard for me to commit to a movie sometimes. I often find myself stuck to comfortable content, such as a TV show that I'm already into.

I was just starting McConaughey's "Mud" when I said fuck this and just switched to Always Sunny
l1x61OA.png

Clegg

I don't really have rankings for the best seasons if The Wire. It's all fantastic television and creates a brilliant portfolio of work. I think I appreciated S2 the most because it didn't go down the easy route of continuing the gang story from S1. I liked the focus on the docks and white working class poverty.

FuturusX

Is it? Have you watched it?

I have not but..the last time this was done on American TV ( direct tv) it was a 16x9 reformat, which I did see. Which is always the way. I'd be shocked if they released a 4:3 HD version aka the right version. It was never shot to be widescreen that's just the reality.

I have not but..the last time this was done on American TV ( direct tv) it was a 16x9 reformat, which I did see. Which is always the way. I'd be shocked if they released a 4:3 HD version aka the right version. It was never shot to be widescreen that's just the reality.

You should defo read Simon's blog on the process, makes it sound not too bad.

Also some was shot in effectively widescreen, but not all. They did shit loads of work on it.

http://davidsimon.com/the-wire-in-hd/

SD

HD

Clegg

Spurs and Stoke away are our next two fixtures. Could be tricky.

Need at least one win from them. Our away performances are poor though.

FuturusX

You should defo read Simon's blog on the process, makes it sound not too bad.

Also some was shot in effectively widescreen, but not all. They did shit loads of work on it.

I respect the hell out of him...so I'll check it out. But there are some shots that are impossible to reframe, it's a compromise that I'd love to see how they achieved.

But in all honesty I am not sure why they bothered to solve this problem really. A clean HD telecine of the film negatives in their original as shot aspect ratios is all that is needed. Not only is it potentially awkward but a bit of a slap in the face for the directors and DPs on those productions.

Thanks for the heads up...love to read his thoughts on the process.

K1LLER7

@Falcao
"Boxing Day is today! Team united and stronger everyday. / Hoy es Boxing Day. Equipo unido y más fuerte cada dia."

Sign him up Loueh!

Looks like he'll start vs Spurs (if he doesn't get injured in training ;_;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom