• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT10| -Proud Of Our Heritage-

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's on easy, he's only 10. Probably for the best. Watching him is a bit painful, but he's improving. He's almost at the end of the game, fuck knows how he got here, or how long it took. He got Uncharted 3 for Christmas so he wants to finish 2 today.

Probably better at games than FW is ¬¬

They were all shit in friendly games ok

Raheezus takes them seriously
FD3QWdm.png

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Really don't know why everyone likes it so much. First season's good enough, I thought the second was terrible.
Innit.

It's enjoyable enough though.

The train moment still cracks me up whenever I think about it :lol like, REALLY?

Clegg

That Eriksen goal is ridiculous. Their wall split as the shot was taken and the ball went through the gap. Then there's the awful keeping to let it go in.

Really don't know why everyone likes it so much. First season's good enough, I thought the second was terrible.

I just love political dramas. The characters are excellent and it is my favourite performance by Kevin Spacey, who I enjoy a lot. I agree that the second season is weaker, but the way Underwood pulls all the strings in the first season is amazing and well written. The only thing I don't like is some of the sexual storylines.

I don't re-watch many shows, but this has me hooked again after the first episode and I am on episode 4 already. I can see myself just watching this all night till I fall asleep. I can't wait for season 3.

Plus, Underwood loves consoles.

Wilbur

Banned
Lovely goals from us yesterday. All three were delicious.

Get out of my thoughts.

Second season is so shit. First was solid (like 7/10).

Just don't get it. Silly show.

Exactly how I feel. How much mileage can you get out of pseudo-intelligent characters speaking in nothing but metaphors in blue-grey corridors? Tripe.

Wilbur

Banned
It has a lot of political talk, which you either get or you don't.

I get it. It's just dry and boring. There's no stakes watching an invincible character who is far more intelligent than everyone else in the show. Frank does everyone over, gets whatever he wants with no comeuppance. Maybe the third series will change that, but the second is a write off.

Misses Stoll hugely, too. No heart in the show, no emotion. Glossy, but soulless.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Horrible Bosses is on TV and I'm fucking DYING

American comedy done right! Bateman playing Bateman and Charlie playing Charlie :lol

Lovely goals from us yesterday. All three were delicious.

Exactly how I feel. How much mileage can you get out of pseudo-intelligent characters speaking in nothing but metaphors in blue-grey corridors? Tripe.
(Blablurn moment)

Just how fucking cool was Arnie IRL? Best mate material aint he I CAN TELL

And you only need to look at WJD's willy warmer once to know that you want him in your life

You guys should do it again.

Wilbur

Banned
Horrible Bosses is on TV and I'm fucking DYING

American comedy done right! Bateman playing Bateman and Charlie playing Charlie :lol

(Blablurn moment)

Just how fucking cool was Arnie IRL? Best mate material aint he I CAN TELL

And you only need to look at WJD's willy warmer once to know that you want him in your life

You guys should do it again.

Horrible Bosses is great. Second one's merely decent but the first is really under appreciated I think. Top cast.

They're both gr8 lads. Would happily do it again. Just trying to get everyone's schedules calibrated innit, awful time of year to plan anything.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Yeah always felt that HoC was missing an antagonist (I typed it without spellcheck! WHAT A TIME). Like a proper one that can go head to head with Kevin

I watch House of Cards for Spacey's over the top acting.

It's like watching a Bruce Lee movie.

Only the battle scenes are made of words. The problem with the second season is the shit sidestories tho.

That Sunderland goal is the worst thing I've ever seen, and I'm a mortician

That Bruce handball. How the fuck have they not seen that?

And then Quinn straight afterwards. Fucking hell.

I get it. It's just dry and boring. There's no stakes watching an invincible character who is far more intelligent than everyone else in the show. Frank does everyone over, gets whatever he wants with no comeuppance. Maybe the third series will change that, but the second is a write off.

Misses Stoll hugely, too. No heart in the show, no emotion. Glossy, but soulless.

sorry, i edited my post. I realised it sounded too aggressive towards you when I meant in general.

Frank has been on the ropes a few times and has put his faith in other people to basically keep his job in both seasons. He is very intelligent and calculated. His job is as chief whip so he has built up his career by knowing how to get people to toe the company line. Now that he wants to get revenge he is showing what he is capable of by putting his talents towards more sinister things.

I think the show is meant to have no emotion. These characters are self-interested and will do anything they can to get where they want. Stoll had the most emotion, but as a result he was the most flawed and unsuited for the world of Washington. Frank uses him brilliantly and Russo's emotion was his downfall. He was a good man who believed he could actually do good things for the greater good, but it allowed Frank to play him easily.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Kevin Spacey is so good at being a meanie. He can't be a nice guy IRL, it's fucking impossible. Always looks like he's a few words away from spitting in your face

Like a Moriarty.
Speaking of which, can we talk about Earthworm Benedict Cumberbatch? WHY is he considered hot again? He looks fucking weird, and unsettling with his whole non chin LVGenius situation

Good actor though

Scum

TRANSFER GOSSIP
Paris St-Germain are the latest club to show an interest in taking winger Adnan Januzaj, 19, on loan from Manchester United. (Daily Mail)
Arsenal are closing in on the signing of 27-year-old striker Edinson Cavani from Paris St-Germain, with the French club ready to accept a bid. (Metro)
Liverpool hope to sign James Milner on a free next summer if the midfielder fails to agree a new contract with Manchester City but Arsenal are also keen on the 28-year-old. (Daily Express)
Manchester United winger Angel Di Maria has told manager Louis van Gaal to sign Argentine midfielder Nicolas Gaitan, 26, from Benfica. (Daily Star)
Chelsea are set to pay £24m for Juventus utility man Kwadwo Asamoah, 26, in January. (Metro)
Arsenal forward Lukas Podolski, 29, appears to be on the verge of a January move to Italian side Inter Milan. (Daily Express)
Real Madrid are planning to sign attacking midfielder Marco Reus, 25, from Borussia Dortmund as a replacement for Gareth Bale, who could be on his way to Manchester United for £120m. (Daily Star)
West Brom could join Leicester, Newcastle and German club Wolfsburg in the race to sign 22-year-old Burnley striker Danny Ings, who is out of contract next summer. (Sun - subscription required)
QPR manager Harry Redknapp is eyeing a January move for Manchester City winger Scott Sinclair, 25. (Daily Mirror)
Crystal Palace manager Neil Warnock has increased his bid to £3.8m to sign Lille left-back Pape Souare, 24. (Sun - subscription required)
Bristol City boss Steve Cotterill hopes that Chelsea will allow midfielder Todd Kane, 21, to extend his loan spell at the League One leaders beyond the middle of January. (Times - subscription required)

OTHER GOSSIP
Crystal Palace boss Neil Warnock, 66, faces a fight to avoid becoming the first Premier League managerial casualty of the season. (Guardian)
Chelsea right-back Branislav Ivanovic is the latest player from the Blues to be accused of diving, with West Ham boss Sam Allardyce believing the 30-year-old was guilty of simulation in trying to win a penalty against his side. (Times - subscription required)
Manchester United legend Paul Scholes, 40, says he "wouldn't be surprised" if Manchester United put pressure on Chelsea and Manchester City at the top of the Premier League by winning their next two matches. (Daily Star)
Winger Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, 21, says former Gunners striker Thierry Henry gave him "endless amounts of advice" that helped him kick-start his Arsenal career. (Daily Mirror)
Celtic manager Ronny Deila hopes to keep defender Jason Denayer beyond the end of his loan from Manchester City, which ends at the end of the season. (Daily Express)

BEST OF SOCIAL MEDIA
Manchester City captain Vincent Kompany was happy with his Christmas lot following the win over West Brom. The Belgium international tweeted: "Chants, snow and three points. Christmas is complete!"

AND FINALLY...
A Borussia Dortmund fan who got an official club toaster for Christmas was left feeling angry - because it makes Barcelona toast. (Metro)
Manchester United's young stars Luke Shaw and Adnan Januzaj will no longer have to stay out of the kitchen - with the club arranging for a top chef to teach them how to cook. (Daily Mail)
And former Arsenal and France striker Thierry Henry, who announced his retirement from playing this month, will make his big screen debut in 2015 with a cameo role in the Entourage movie. (Daily Telegraph)

£120m for Bale.

Kevin Spacey is so good at being a meanie. He can't be a nice guy IRL, it's fucking impossible. Always looks like he's a few words away from spitting in your face

I remember reading an interview with his brother in the News of the World or something. IIRC, his dad use to beat them and was a very strange main.

Here is a link

Maybe his childhood explains why he is so good at playing villains.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom