• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT10| -Proud Of Our Heritage-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linius

Oh and there were the nerds who played Magic of course
PHGGsbx.png

L1NETT

fuck card shite

beyblades were what the ballers had

Wes/rodvik etc

Apparently Delph has agreed to sign for Newcastle next summer.

rip aston vanilla

really? thought some bigger fish would be in for him (no offence toon)

actually bigger tis a bit harsh. European football fish say

Linius

But seriously, I know you guys can do this in a minute. If someone could help I will post a digital cookie.jpg for all of you to enjoy.

The Game Boy game was kinda okay

My little brother had a PS1 yugioh game too I remember, wasn't very good.

PHGGsbx.png

Here all the nerds were into Warhammer shit. Sat on the roof of the local bookstore when it closed, as fucking played that shit. I never collected that, but I was there a few times, because the bookstore also sold games and the guy who arranged the warhammer stuff just sold the games they received to us way before release day. So you just kind of met up there and asked for early games, and sometimes they got them fucking several weeks before release. What a time to be alive.

inky

It's socially acceptable to say you've played Yu-Gi-Oh when you're around my age. No shame bro. /

Well, I'm not really ashamed to say I played Yu Gi Oh.. but the fact that I recognized immediately what it was. And here both Pokemon and Yu Gi Oh were stuff for kids, considering the popularity of the thing was thank to the cartoons, and that stuff usually got here pretty late as it needed to be localized.

The "grown up" card game to play was Magic, but fuck that shit.

Linius

Well, I'm not really ashamed to say I played Yu Gi Oh.. but the fact that I recognized immediately what it was. And here both Pokemon and Yu Gi Oh were stuff for kids, considering the popularity of the cartoons and that stuff usually gets here pretty late.

Magic is for people who wear a fedora. Yu-gi-oh was a fun game the kids played. And Beaver Warrior was amongst the earliest sets of cards iirc so it's not all that strange to recognise it. It was a shit card though so I hope you didn't had it in your playing set.

I know where is that from but I'm afraid to tell. =S

I blame my brother, made me play that shit for the longest time.

It's socially acceptable to say you've played Yu-Gi-Oh when you're around my age. No shame bro.

But this has something to do with a guy who uses this as his avatar at my Dutch forum. His nickname is Beaver Warrior too :/

They weren't around at the same time over here. Yu Gi Oh became popular when I started high school. Pokemon was more of a primary school thing. If you told people you're collecting pokemon cards at high school they'd laugh at you. Everyone played yu gi oh around that time over here. Only card game I actually played. Pokemon I only collected.

as a kid i just collected pokemon cards like a retard without knowing how to play. at least I downloaded the GBC game on my 3DS this year so I finally know.

PHGGsbx.png

fuck card shite

really? thought some bigger fish would be in for him (no offence toon)

actually bigger tis a bit harsh. European football fish say

My little brother had a PS1 yugioh game too I remember, wasn't very good.

Here all the nerds were into Warhammer shit. Sat on the roof of the local bookstore when it closed, as fucking played that shit. I never collected that, but I was there a few times, because the bookstore also sold games and the guy who arranged the warhammer stuff just sold the games they received to us way before release day. So you just kind of met up there and asked for early games, and sometimes they got them fucking several weeks before release. What a time to be alive.

Well, I'm not really ashamed to say I played Yu Gi Oh.. but the fact that I recognized immediately what it was. And here both Pokemon and Yu Gi Oh were stuff for kids, considering the popularity of the thing was thank to the cartoons, and that stuff usually got here pretty late as it needed to be localized.

Magic is for people who wear a fedora. Yu-gi-oh was a fun game the kids played. And Beaver Warrior was amongst the earliest sets of cards iirc so it's not all that strange to recognise it. It was a shit card though so I hope you didn't had it in your playing set.

ibmZnJWJHACgTO.gif

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Yu-Gi-Oh had that anime growing up, so all of us kids were into that shit. Of course, everyone was too poor to actually afford the booster packs, so we all just bought Chinese ripoffs.

Linius

I dunno, never really felt Digimon. Only thing I watched was pokemon. With yu-gi-oh the show was also shit. The card game was fun though.

Linius

fuck card shite

I went from collecting Pokémon cards to playing Beyblade to playing Yu-Gi-Oh. I still have my beyblades lying around. I had a Master Dranzer as my first one. Paired with a balance ring I took of a knock off Beyblade it was fucking baller.

Lightning

Banned
Sanchez needs a break, Mertesacker needs a break are the main 2 players who need a rest. Southampton probably not the best fixture to rest players but some rotation needs to happen with them.

I wouldn't play either of them against Hull in the FA cup game.

Hixx

Collymore reckons Pulis has been sounded out by four PL clubs this week. Deleted the tweets now.

Leicester, Palace, WBA and Burnley imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom