• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT10| -Proud Of Our Heritage-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blablurn

Sanchez needs a break, Mertesacker needs a break are the main 2 players who need a rest. Southampton probably not the best fixture to rest players but some rotation needs to happen with them.

I wouldn't play either of them against Hull in the FA cup game.

A winter break would be great , innit? :smug

Hixx

Burnley?

nah chance Hixx

More chance of yous lot or Everton

He said for the one of the clubs it would be a "disgrace". Dyche is in a phase of a media love-in and is English. 2+2 may equal 5 here but Pulis is the coup for teams in the bottom 5 atm.

Drove by Dortmund the other day and took the opportunity to do a quick stadium tour of the Signal Iduna Park zith a couple of buds. Just insane how they can fit 80k in there, although the Südtribune helps of course. Fantastic design, dreaming of catch a game one day now, atmosphere must me insane.

L1NETT

He said for the one of the clubs it would be a "disgrace". Dyche is in a phase of a media love-in and is English. 2+2 may equal 5 here but Pulis is the coup for teams in the bottom 5 atm.

I mean maybe, but Burnley don't seem the type of club to aim higher than they should be. Dunno why they would suddenly change that. Look at their summer business.

I would call sacking Martinez for Pulis a wierd one, Cuntymore may consider it a disgrace. In terms of style of football it is.

Would also think QPR are desperate for Pulis to wear a QPR cap.

Saying all that, shows the absolute fucking nadir the state of british managers are when so many are scrabbling for Tony fucking Pulis.

Edit: Now he's chatting about shit being afoot in the toon. Hmmmmmmmmm

Hixx

I mean maybe, but Burnley don't seem the type of club to aim higher than they should be. Dunno why they would suddenly change that. Look at their summer business.

I would call sacking Martinez for Pulis a wierd one, Cuntymore may consider it a disgrace. In terms of style of football it is.

Saying all that, shows the absolute fucking nadir the state of british managers are when so many are scrabbling for Tony fucking Pulis.

He's not really breaking anything with the Mags, Pardew to Palace is the talk of the North East the neet. Be AMAZED if Pulis would work under Ashley, though.

Wilbur

Banned

Bit harsh on Pulis really, he's got a good record in the Prem. Good manager. Never going to win anything (did get to an FA Cup final), but neither are 90% of managers in La Liga, or Bundesliga.

Scum

pls scum stahp

njIBwgH.png

He's off to WBA, anyway.

Carbonox

Wonder who Newcastle would replace Pardew with. Also wonder what him leaving would stem from.

Go for Moyes, Mike. If Joe Kinnear was still around he'd want this phantom Stefano and would believe he was a legitimate player.

faridmon

I want Irvine back at Everton Anyway, would never succeed to be the one on the top, please Irvine come back and knock some sense into Martinez.

Wilbur

Banned
Wonder who Newcastle would replace Pardew with. Also wonder what him leaving would stem from.

Go for Moyes, Mike. If Joe Kinnear was still around he'd want this phantom Stefano and would believe he was a legitimate player.

Moyes would be a great choice for Newcastle if you ask me, Ashley would love him.

Too bad he's just taken another job. Can't see him being there for too long.

L1NETT

If this manager merry go round does begin would like to see Hughton get a chance.

Martin Jol will probably end up somewhere.

------

Some footy league related transfer shite is;

Mason Holgate to Spurs or Arsenal. 18 year old right back/centre back. Would have to ask a Tykes fan more...but sounds like he has summat aboot him. (from the Mirror so probably dribbly wank)

Hixx

People outside of Newcastle rate Pardew more than Skunk fans.

Which says a lot about the footballing knowledge of the general populace tbh.

Wilbur

Banned
People outside of Newcastle rate Pardew more than Skunk fans.

Which says a lot about the footballing knowledge of the general populace tbh.

I think he's better than he's given credit for sometimes to be honest. That fifth place finish wasn't a fluke. They were playing well until Cabaye got sold against his wishes (perhaps that's not the right term, but it was obviously an Ashley decision), and they're meeting expectations this season.

He clearly isn't great, and being such a cunt and all around hilarious figure (as well as one of Ashley's mates) doesn't help, but he's a good coach.

Like... you said if it wasn't for his arrogance, Poyet could be at one of Europe's top clubs. What's that based on? Not meaning to be rude, I'm genuinely interested.

Some footy league related transfer shite is;

Mason Holgate to Spurs or Arsenal. 18 year old right back/centre back. Would have to ask a Tykes fan more...but sounds like he has summat aboot him. (from the Mirror so probably dribbly wank)

Is this the article from yesterday about Tottenham, Everton, and Arsenal watching him?

I thought Arsenal were after Tyrone 'non-league what a story' Mings

L1NETT

Is this the article from yesterday about Tottenham, Everton, and Arsenal watching him?

I thought Arsenal were after Tyrone 'non-league what a story' Mings

Think so. Seems more of a repeat story than anything

Chances are if they do sign the cunt will get loaned back anyway

Think mings to arsenal has more about it

Hixx

I think he's better than he's given credit for sometimes to be honest. That fifth place finish wasn't a fluke. They were playing well until Cabaye got sold against his wishes (perhaps that's not the right term, but it was obviously an Ashley decision), and they're meeting expectations this season.

He clearly isn't great, and being such a cunt and all around hilarious figure (as well as one of Ashley's mates) doesn't help, but he's a good coach.

Like... you said if it wasn't for his arrogance, Poyet could be at one of Europe's top clubs. What's that based on? Not meaning to be rude, I'm genuinely interested.

a) no he's not. He's fucking shit.
http://www.readytogo.net/smb/thread...ags-next-manager.1013235/page-2#post-19364083

b) Where did I say one of Europe's top clubs? I said he'd be taking clubs into Europe. They aren't exactly the same thing.

Wilbur

Banned
Still though what?

Help me understand your point, Wiblur.

God damn how many wigs does this guy have in the Americans. Like 5 in one episode.

Well, what is that based on? Finishing fifth, sixth, seventh to get into Europe?

Nothing in his career has proved to me he can do that so far, and it can't just be because he's so arrogant because the best managers are.

You yourself said (and correct me if I'm mistaken again!) that his transfer record would probably be worse than Congerton's if given charge, and your team seems incapable of scoring sometimes or lack a killer instinct. What is it that makes you think he could take teams to Europe?

ATF487

Think I'm going to make my first trek to the local Liverpool pub tomorrow to watch the lads against Swansealona since I'm off work.

At least if they lose I can drown my sorrows

Mindwipe

Just got back from Everton/Newcastle. Definitely the worst Everton performance in the league I've seen for some years :-(

The formation made no sense. Eto is great, but he's not fast enough to play on the wing. Barry was left on despite having a shocker. Kone was taken off despite working really hard with no service, to be replaced with Lukaku... with no service. It was all really narrow, and tried to do long ball against a team that is taller. Someone needs to have a word with Martinez.

Tc91

Pards to Palace 'pretty much agreed' according to Rob Draper.

Is he any good? Read before that Pards wants the job due to his past playing career with them.

faridmon

Just for back from Everton/Newcastle. Definitely the worst Everton performance in the league I've seen for some years :-(

The formation made no sense. Eto is great, but he's not fast enough to play on the wing. Barry was left on despite having a shocker. Kone was taken off despite working really hard with no service, to be replaced with Lukaku... with no service. It was all really narrow, and tried to do long ball against a team that is taller. Someone needs to have a word with Martinez.

Yeah, he have been a bloody frustrating when it comes to formation and player selection. If there was one thing I was annoyed about Moyes was that he sued to play players out of their positions, and if Martinez keeps persist with that bullshit, then it will be hard for me to back him up.

Wilbur

Banned
I can imagine he's pretty pissed off with every fan hating him, and he gets to move closer to home. That's good for him at least.

There just has to be three worse teams than Palace this season to make it worthwhile and I'm not sure there is. Burnley are going down, probably Leicester. Irvine will leave soon and WBA might be better on paper.

Hixx

Well, what is that based on? Finishing fifth, sixth, seventh to get into Europe?

Nothing in his career has proved to me he can do that so far, and it can't just be because he's so arrogant because the best managers are.

You yourself said (and correct me if I'm mistaken again!) that his transfer record would probably be worse than Congerton's if given charge, and your team seems incapable of scoring sometimes or lack a killer instinct. What is it that makes you think he could take teams to Europe?

This is down to lack of individual quality. There is not a great deal Poyet can do about that. Teams in our position tend to rely on a sole individual for their goals - teams that don't have a star individual tend to be the lowest scoring teams in the league (such as ourselves, Villa and Burnley). Look at even Leicester, QPR and West Brom. Their top scorers are MILES ahead of the rest of their team.

What he CAN do is make the team solid and difficult to beat and he's doing that pretty much to perfection. We've had the odd blip (Southampton and Hull) but out of any team in the top 10 who would you be least confident of beating? Just like you would a Pulis team.

Remember he has been a manager for <5 years as well and he's gone into a club the size of Sunderland and performed the greatest recovery in the history of the league.

His refusal to take any blame and deflection towards the players will see him struggle to manage top squads. His recent outburst about not calling him the manager is pretty much why I hold the opinion that his ego will hold him back.

Poyet is going to be a great coach. But I wouldn't trust him with money. And I think any job he will take after SAFC he will demand to be in charge of transfers 100% and top clubs won't give him that. He has the coaching ability though, I have no doubt about that.

Scum

Pardew leaving?? Wha-?!

what happened to Paulinho? Hertha want to sign him on loan apparently

He joined us when we shouldn't have bothered with him. The EPL is not for him, either. He's dead and Usho wants him gone but Levy will be the stumbling block.
He'll ask for too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom