• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT10| -Proud Of Our Heritage-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godan

Seriously, I'm not even trolling. I just think if you want to win big things, you need to pull off big moves. Slam your dick on the table, if you will.

Mourinho pulled his fat anaconda out and now Chelsea are the clear favorites for the League, and are frankly a team I don't want to meet in the CL.

We've got Toni goddamn Kroos playing as a DM and he's doing a fantastic job at it
when everyone said he'd be shit.
Isco has somehow learned to defend. How Ozil, Ramsey, Wilshere and Fabregas wouldn't have worked together in a proper rotation system and some TRAINING is beyond me. Forget deadweights like Cazorla, Podolski and fucking ROSICKY.

This exactly. If we really want to start winning stuff then we gota compete with the big boys. I mean Real didnt really need hames but he was a top player and they got him anyway. I guess you could say the same for Man U with Falcao if RVP and Rooney can keep fit and play as well as they can they don't need Falcao but the got him in anyway because the want to win stuff.

It just seems like we are building a team to get top 4. I thought when we got Ozil in then that would be the start of it. We can make a team worthy of going for the title and challenging in the CL but when you look at your best starting 11 and you can pick out 3 - 4 positions that can easily be upgraded I guess top 4 and maybe a cup is the best we can do.

KidJr

I think ozil does certain things better than fabregas. Centrally u could have either or imo. Having fabregas would not have been the significant upgrade people nor would he have improved our league position.

Also Walcott slots straight back into the team. And giroud holds the ball up better than welbeck. With Walcott and Sanchez we don't need his pace (in a first choice 11). Ozil behind and Ramsey + new dm and we have a very good looking team.

But wenger won't do that, he's not gunna kill Santi so ozil will end up wide

Arnie

There's not a single facet of Ozil's game that Cesc can't do to a higher standard.

Work rate. Passing. Creativity. Shooting. Tackling. Composure. The list could go on.

Not resigning Cesc was an indictment of Wenger's continued malaise.

pulga

Banned
Just checked out Arsenal's last lineup

Arsenal
01 Szczesny
02 Debuchy
04 Mertesacker
18 Monreal
03 Gibbs
07 Rosicky (Chambers - 83' )
20 Flamini
19 Cazorla
17 Sánchez
12 Giroud Dismissed
23 Welbeck (Coquelin - 88' Booked )

Substitutes
09 Podolski
13 Ospina
14 Walcott
21 Chambers
28 Campbell
34 Coquelin
39 Bellerin

Yeah, no need for Cesc. Give me a fucking break, guys.
LhwRz7R.png

Linius

Boateng has such a fine distance shot in FIFA 14. Scored a couple of screamers with him from far out now, usually from corners.

Need seven points out of three games now to win division 1 for the first time ever in all my years of playing FIFA. Never been so close, yet still so far away.

pulga

Banned
Let's say, for the sake of argument, that Dani Alves gets a long term injury.

Montoya is clearly not in Enrique's plans.

How fantastic would it be if Barca had no choice (because of the transfer ban, duh) but to play Douglas as RB for months on end?
dnaO1RN.png

Linius

How fantastic would it be if Barca had no choice but to play Douglas as RB for a months on end?
dnaO1RN.png

Are you so worried about Madrid's title chances that you need our players to be injured? Such confidence.

pulga

Banned
Are you so worried about Madrid's title chances that you need our players to be injured? Such confidence.

What does that have to do with anything m8. Did I wish for Alves to get an injury? Nope.

I'm just imagining a funny scenario, why so nervous? :lol

Razor554

Doesn't matter considering the board would continue to make shit signings anyway.

Samper promoted to first team is all we need. <3

Fixed.

Future GOAT midfielder is all we need for next season <3

Young lads will be very happy about this as Denis and Deulofeu, on loan, and B players Samper, Halilovic and Adama could all join first team next summer.

How fantastic would it be if Barca had no choice (because of the transfer ban, duh) but to play Douglas as RB for months on end?
dnaO1RN.png

Adriano will replace Alves if he is injured for longer time, or Barca will use more of 3-4-3 with no Alves/Adriano/Montoya/Douglas. Douglas won't get any minuted unless its a game where we lead 5-0 and timer is at 89min.

pulga

Banned
Adriano will replace Alves if he is injured for longer time, or Barca will use more of 3-4-3 with no Alves/Adriano/Montoya/Douglas. Douglas won't get any minuted unless its a game where we lead 5-0 and timer is at 89min.

Someone should seriously run an investigation as to why Douglas was bought. Had to be part of Neymar's contract or something (are they buddies?), it just doesn't make a lick of sense!

Very similar to when United bought Bebe. Probably needed to line some agent's pocket to keep him sweet.

Keep digging Barcelona, no end to the shame with these fuckers.

Best Barca fan <3

It's crazy how many numerous, recent scandals Barca has found itself in.

GHG

B6GVmrICcAEiJ9d.png

:lol

"We respect your opinion but we still don't think we've done anything wrong"

Barca need to understand that they should just accept this and walk away now. Anything else and its just going to get incredibly messy for them.

Maybe they plan on spending their 2015 transfer budget on legal fees?

Razor554

B6GVmrICcAEiJ9d.png

:lol

"We respect your opinion but we still don't think we've done anything wrong"

If the board has any dignity left, they should resign. But they are all slimy scumbags, so obviously they stay till contract runs out.

There has actually been some talk that Socios would do vote of confidence, so Barcelona would have new elections in 2015 summer.

Apparently this man is making a come back
58laporta_V300.jpg

Laporta had it's flaws, but he is 100% culé, same can't be said for current idiots.

Scum

Back in work today. Total wasteland, pointless.

Indeed. I'm on my normal shift hours. Started at 4pm. Building emptied out 3 hours later. It was just me and the security guys. Hopefully I can fuck off early. Fingers crossed.

dnaO1RN.png

Told FF that Enrique is a fraud. He should have sack Zubi and replaced the likes of Alves and Pique in the summer. I'll put good money on Messi moaning about it all after Enrique loses out to Pellegrini.
7Pf3Sun.png

Messi

If the board has any dignity left, they should resign. But they are all slimy scumbags, so obviously they stay till contract runs out.

There has actually been some talk that Socios would do vote of confidence, so Barcelona would have new elections in 2015 summer.

Apparently this man is making a come back
58laporta_V300.jpg

Laporta had it's flaws, but he is 100% culé, same can't be said for current idiots.

Laporta would be awesome. Just look at that photo and tell me this man should not be running the club.

Wilbur

Banned
Pulga's fucking bang on there, lads. The best managers make it work. Bayern sometimes play with like, one fucking defender and thirty midfielders. We're picking up points with 20 different defensive combinations and Mata/Rooney/Falcao/RVP on the pitch at the same time.

Fabregas would have come in and been the best player at the club; better than Ozil, better than Sanchez. Another 30m is nothing to Arsenal. Make up some of the funds by selling Podolski, Rosicky, Campbell, maybe Cazorla.

You can't simultaneously berate Wenger for showing no ambition and then agree with him turning down Fabregas because he had to be loyal to players who aren't good enough yet.

5 points (+GD) looks a much more climbable mountain with the next round of fixtures

Still a hell of a lot of improvement to be done though, even if results go our way on Thursday

Southampton draw, Chelsea win, Liverpool win, lovely

Massive transfer window coming up

CCS

Banned
Wenger is the perfect manager if you want to do what Arsenal do now, consistently make the champions league and win the odd cup. However, he's clearly not able to make the decisions and bring in the players to be the best year on year.

Scum

So far, transfer mupptry has produced this -

John Carver and Steve Stone in charge for Newcastle for the moment, with Coloccini as player/manager in the wings.
Pardew possibly at Crystal Palace.
Pulis and Sherwood vying for West Brom.
Hughton at Brighton.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom