• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT10| -Proud Of Our Heritage-

Status
Not open for further replies.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
I'm just saying that there is a chance, but obviously not very likely. If they lose Mandzukic and Koke for example through injuries, and Silva/Aguero/Yaya are in top form...
Lol, IF they lose Mandzukic or Koke. Coming from a team that loses Aguero 2 months every season. Yaya is dead since the birthday tantrum, you're better off selling him in January. Silva can always be counted on but that little midget even in top form will have a very tough time breaking down Atletico's defense.

Manager

Yaya being banned was probably a blessing in disguise. Fernando and Fernandinho pressed their balls off, ran around in 90 minutes and gave Roma midfielders no chance to play the ball around. Yaya would not be able to even do 20% of the pressing they did.

Yaya's been better in the last two weeks of course compared to his horrible start of the season, but I don't know how useful he'll be in the future against top CL teams. Becoming more and more of a luxury player for each year.

Fernandinho also kept running into Roma's penalty area, while Yaya would stay further back to spread the balls around. Made City's team much more mobile. Yaya is lacking mobility for a supporting striker role, and lack interest to defend for a CM role.

Lol, IF they lose Mandzukic or Koke. Coming from a team that loses Aguero 2 months every season. Yaya is dead since the birthday tantrum, you're better off selling him in January. Silva can always be counted on but that little midget even in top form will have a very tough time breaking down Atletico's defense.

I just don't think it's impossible, that's all.

Manager

Need a gif of Zaba kissing the badge.

It's a start:
B4hwAXiIcAAGlMh.jpg
B4hwAc3IIAAN5k2.jpg

Meier

I do think we'd have a 50/50 shot against Atletico. As you said, the only two teams I'd rather we didn't face are Barca and Madrid. The others are very doable especially since Sergio should be back by then.

It's going to be interesting to see what we do in January as far as a striker goes. Dzeko just doesn't have it this season and Jovetic can't be relied on as a lone striker if/when it comes to that.

It's a start:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B4hwAXiIcAAGlMh.jpg[IMG] [IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B4hwAc3IIAAN5k2.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Wonderful -- a true City legend. Not the best angle, but here is a gif of it: [url]http://t.co/5ndJRWDZzQ[/url] -- are you on Twitter? I sent it to dc and Mango on there. :)

Monaco would be the easiest to beat of the group winners, but I think we're likely to get Chelsea or Madrid. I'd settle for Dortmund or Porto, too.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Yaya being banned was probably a blessing in disguise. Fernando and Fernandinho pressed their balls off, ran around in 90 minutes and gave Roma midfielders no chance to play the ball around. Yaya would not be able to even do 20% of the pressing they did.

Yaya's been better in the last two weeks of course compared to his horrible start of the season, but I don't know how useful he'll be in the future against top CL teams. Becoming more and more of a luxury player for each year.

Fernandinho also kept running into Roma's penalty area, while Yaya would stay further back to spread the balls around. Made City's team much more mobile. Yaya is lacking mobility for a supporting striker role, and lack interest to defend for a CM role.

Oh of course nothing is impossible in football but Atletico is a really bad match-up.

Not to take away from Nasri's lightning shot, but that's on Maicon for a) not tracking Nasri, or b) not tracking the runner so that the other Roma defender could close down Nasri.

SlimySolidBluemorphobutterfly.gif

Guys, reading some stuff online about teh games.

I have never played Silent Hill 2. Where does this rank amongst the GOAT horror games or even just GOAT games.

Listening to the sound track now, as I remember a catchy tune from one of the trailers.

Have I missed out?

Silent Hill 2 is probably my favorite game of all time. You should try and get it for pc (fairly cheap on ebay) or get the old PS2 version. Both SH2 and SH3 also looks fucking fantastic, despite being 10 to 13 years old.

oldmangifi4uy1.gif

iblz5odXhtflVF.gif

jts

...hate me...
Why am I having so much fun making excellent kits for Pool, City, Arsenal and Chelsea on PES.

Why haven't Zabo and Hitch accepted me on PSN.

Big questions of our times.

Zabojnik

Why am I having so much fun making excellent kits for Pool, City, Arsenal and Chelsea on PES.

Why haven't Zabo and Hitch accepted me on PSN.

Big questions of our times.

When did you apply for the privilege of my friendship?

Gimme your PSN, I'll add you through the app.

jts

...hate me...
When did you apply for the privilege of my friendship?

Gimme your PSN, I'll add you through the app.
You casually threw your PSN because you needed to make friends. Don't turn this around. My PSN is jts3 :p Already sent a request tho.

Just further proof of how consoles are holding back gaming. #masterrace

It went from that to...

No, this is not like an old unreal game where you are waiting for the textures to load. Fucking Konami. Hopefully they will give it a proper chance again now with Kojima and a few of the team silent members back. Although it's only a very few. But at least it won't be in the hands of clowns like Tomm Hulett now.

I quite liked Downpour tbh. Some interesting side-quests and puzzles.

Downpour was alright, but with some huge flaws. When every enemy looks like it's ripped straight out of Clive Barkers asshole, it's not a good sign, especially coming from games that were the best of the best in creating creepy fucking creatures. The story was also pretty dumb really, it tried poorly mimicking SH2. Soundtrack was surprisingly despite the composer change, and the hilariously miscast Korn song for the intro (seriously wtf konami). The side quests were however pretty interesting and actually creepy, a good example of sidequests done well unlike the trend of most games where it's just filler and it did manage to be actually creepy at times.

Homecoming however was just shit all around except for soundtrack.

Wooden absolutely murdering my Google Chrome. Smh Googol. Back to Waterfox I go.

It's for a good cause.

Seriously though, the last 7 months have been fucking terrible for Liverpool fans

-Throw the league title away in the worst way possible, what would have been our first in 24 years
-Lose our best player
-Do a terrible job replacing him and bolstering the squad
-Only decent striker injured all season, and he misses every CL game which is depressing to think about
-The team we bought a load of players from do much better than us, and those players range from shit to mediocre
-Looking increasingly unlikely to finish fourth, or even 7th
-Deservedly knocked out of a pretty easy CL group

Need to turn this around sharpish, or we're in for another 2009-13 period, or worse. Starting by avoiding defeat at the weekend.

Its like the footballing Gods gave us a bag of Haribo, then burned our house down and called it karma.

Really though, I feel so sorry for Sturridge. He's boss, and worked his bollocks off since he joined us to get us into the CL. Then his legs transfigure into breadsticks, and he watches helpless from the sidelines as we plumb further and further depths of incompetency.

At least we beat CSKA though. Mia san mia and all that shite.

Marc

Wow, The Flash is such a better show than Arrow. Not even close, I was not expecting that since it looked like pure cheese from the trailers.

Really though, I feel so sorry for Sturridge. He's boss, and worked his bollocks off since he joined us to get us into the CL. Then his legs transfigure into breadsticks, and he watches helpless from the sidelines as we plumb further and further depths of incompetency.

At least we beat CSKA though. Mia san mia and all that shite.

You've been Roy Hodgson'd.

I'm up to season 5 of Always Sunny

Was Frank always spitting shit out and throwing up and that?

Only gets worse. Most overrated character and element to the show for me, it would be so much better without him IMO. Just does gross out jokes, lowest of the low type humour.

Carbonox

The new Agents of SHIELD episode is one of the most top-drawer live-action comic book TV episodes I've seen in years. What a way to do a midseason finale.

Wow, The Flash is such a better show than Arrow. Not even close, I was not expecting that since it looked like pure cheese from the trailers.

Innit. I loved the first two Arrow seasons though but the third one is a pile of shit. The Flash is fucking god tier right now.

GorillaJu

Meh I like Frank a lot because to me part of the fun of Always Sunny is just embracing the lowest common denominator and having fun being juvenile.

Clegg

Haven't watched an older episode of the Simpsons in years but was watching a few eps on DVD earlier and they're still fucking brilliant. The one with Michael Jackson and Lisa's birthday song is sensational. Like its properly good telly, not just for a cartoon either.

Meh I like Frank a lot because to me part of the fun of Always Sunny is just embracing the lowest common denominator and having fun being juvenile.

I like him too, but he became a bit too one note tbh, or maybe I just had my fill of him, same happened with Charlie I thought. While Dennis sociopathy just keep on giving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom