• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT10| -Proud Of Our Heritage-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phlebas

Banned
B4hmoOpCAAEL4sS.jpg:large

Marc

Innit. I loved the first two Arrow seasons though but the third one is a pile of shit. The Flash is fucking god tier right now.

I 'like' them but I watch any superhero shit, objectively the show is god awful. The dialogue and plotting is sooo dumb, the acting not much better. Deathstroke is brilliant, I miss him. :( Although his whole motive and story were awful, he made bits work.

Spartacus actors raises the level of the show though, wondering who will be next after Captain Boomerashur.

The Flash is great though, and reverse flash is a scary as fuck villain.

Meh I like Frank a lot because to me part of the fun of Always Sunny is just embracing the lowest common denominator and having fun being juvenile.

It got old after a while and brings nothing else. If anything he brings down Charlie into the same area, become almost the same character at times. Charlie is so much better without Frank around.

Just eats, talks about food, does gross out stuff... meh.

Dennis is GOAT

Elchele

Bayern-GAF what do you think of Højbjerg now? His match against CSKA was great. He looked like a veteran out there, incredibly calm considering his age and position he's playing. It's amazing to think he's just 19yo.

And just as I have to go to bed my favourite Twitch channel starts streaming one of my favourite games. :(

Www.Twitch.tv/UKnighted

You should watch the metal gear scanlon they got going on giantbomb. Drew is pretty terrible at the game, but that coupled with Dan's love for the series and stupid conversations is great. They finished MGS1 and are currently halfway through MGS2. Or well actually more like 1/4 through it iirc. :p

Wow, The Flash is such a better show than Arrow. Not even close, I was not expecting that since it looked like pure cheese from the trailers.

Yeah, I watched the mid-season finale tonight, really fun. Can't wait to see what happens in the rest of the season.

Innit. I loved the first two Arrow seasons though but the third one is a pile of shit. The Flash is fucking god tier right now.

S3 isn't too bad imo. Yeah, its slow, but iirc, S1 and S2 didn't really get good until the mid-season finale. Dat Deathstroke reveal in S2, so fucking good. But I'd agree that The Flash is light years ahead now. Really impressive CGI for a TV show on that channel too :lol

Haven't watched an older episode of the Simpsons in years but was watching a few eps on DVD earlier and they're still fucking brilliant. The one with Michael Jackson and Lisa's birthday song is sensational. Like its properly good telly, not just for a cartoon either.
The Simpsons will always be a classic for me. Just really clever and tugs at those old heartstrings sometimes. Shame the seasons after 10 were the start of its decline :(

Clegg

GRRM is doing a 12 days of Westeros countdown on Twitter. Next book is titled 'The Winds of Winter'.

He's fucking trolling, isn't he?

Bayern-GAF what do you think of Højbjerg now? His match against CSKA was great. He looked like a veteran out there, incredibly calm considering his age and position he's playing. It's amazing to think he's just 19yo.

He's a decent player. But I just don't see anything special from his game that really makes him stand out. He's like a jack of all trades type of player in the Kroos mold, but Kroos had world class technique, and that was something you could see from the moment he started playing at 18.

I feel like for any young player to take the next step, they have to showcase a particular world class skill.

And Sassuolo in between

What a fortnight for them

Sassuolo looks even worse now because they rested several players so that they would be fresh for Man City.

The truth is Roma's defence is awful this year. They sold one of the best defenders in the world for a fraction of his worth and Castan, who might be the most underrated defender in the world, has been out and now has to have brain surgery.

Manolas, Astori, and Yanga-Mbiwa are just not up to their class.

Last year they looked very organised and were tough to beat. They allow a lot of soft opportunities this year and against the weaker sides in Serie A they can cope, but in the CL you will get punished.

I have seen a few Roma people say that it is not a step backwards and all that shit, but they should be extremely disappointed and look at this as a failure. Only then can they think about challenging next year.

Same with Arsenal, year after year I hear Wenger go on how we held our own against the side that knocked us out. We shouldn't be looking to hold our own, but beat these teams and compete at a level above them. That is what spurs on great clubs like Madrid, Barca, Bayern, Chelsea, and Fergie's United. You might beat them once, but they will do everything they can to come back stronger.

Elchele

Sassuolo looks even worse now because they rested several players so that they would be fresh for Man City.

The truth is Roma's defence is awful this year. They sold one of the best defenders in the world for a fraction of his worth and Castan, who might be the most underrated defender in the world, has been out and now has to have brain surgery.

Manolas, Astori, and Yanga-Mbiwa are just not up to their class.

Last year they looked very organised and were tough to beat. They allow a lot of soft opportunities this year and against the weaker sides in Serie A they can cope, but in the CL you will get punished.

I have seen a few Roma people say that it is not a step backwards and all that shit, but they should be extremely disappointed and look at this as a failure. Only then can they think about challenging next year.

Same with Arsenal, year after year I hear Wenger go on how we held our own against the side that knocked us out. We shouldn't be looking to hold our own, but beat these teams and compete at a level above them. That is what spurs on great clubs like Madrid, Barca, Bayern, Chelsea, and Fergie's United. You might beat them once, but they will do everything they can to come back stronger.

Dunno, I think the current level in Serie A affects them a lot. It was the same with Bayern a few years ago when Bundesliga was very shit and they were winning it. If the level in the domestic league is not good, then you'll fail in UCL.

Salazar

José Enrique and Glen Johnson were described as “arguably the best full-backs in the league” by their manager 18 months ago

Brentan said that ?

Is WhoScored Yurt his research assistant ?

Dunno, I think the current level in Serie A affects them a lot. It was the same with Bayern a few years ago when Bundesliga was very shit and they were winning it. If the level in the domestic league is not good, then you'll fail in UCL.

I am finally coming round to the fact that the level isn't great in Serie A. I still think it is the hardest/ most competitive league based on 1-19, fuck Parma this year. But that might be because everyone is just as shit as each other.

GorillaJu

Moral question.

Is it wrong to be messaging with an 18 year old who is still in high school, but will graduate in a couple months?

She could be 18 in Korean years which means 16 in normal Earth years... That happened to me once. =/ It was 7 years ago though now... I was much younger.

I wouldn't waste my time in a dead-end relationship with a teenager anyway. Nothing interesting for me there, and the people I know who do date 18 year olds and shit are pretty scummy guys. Not company I'd want to associate with.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
What is this even supposed to mean

Age implies intelligence or lack thereof now?

I meant it more as that she's still in high school, but I guess there's other circumstances that could lead to that situation. Although I'm 18 too and I would say I'm pretty dumb.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
My favourite Juve player is leaving us on a bosman.

inconsolable ;_; just look at that chest clearance at 0:19 ;_; ;_; ;-; T_T
Moral question.

Is it wrong to be messaging with an 18 year old who is still in high school, but will graduate in a couple months?
Teenagers come with A LOT of baggage :lol

age is REALLY just a number (as long as said age is legal Wooden), I'm still the same (stupid) person I was in my teenage years
might be stupider now actually
, but at the end of the day, it depends on the person, innit? If you feel like she's mature enough, sure, why not?

She is 18 western 19 Korean, which is not legal, but will turn 20 korean age in a couple of weeks. I am 27 western, 28 Korean

I am just hoping for a bit of fun with her, not into a relationship with one that young. Maybe that makes me scummy haha

It just feels weird messaging with someone who is still in school.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom