• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT10| -Proud Of Our Heritage-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blablurn

B4kXF86IgAAjYxQ.png:large

bunch of m8s

KidJr

Wait I'm confused why is someone in Korea older than their real age? Why do they add another year for nothing?

So glad liverpool are in the Europa league, I hope they go far, if Arsenal have any chance of making top four we are going to need all the help we can get.

Hasnt lewandowski scored 9 goals and made 5 assists in 21 games? I mean that really not a bad return?

Man I really love the feeling of success after a period of hard work

Wait I'm confused why is someone in Korea older than their real age? Why do they add another year for nothing?

So glad liverpool are in the Europa league, I hope they go far, if Arsenal have any chance of making top four we are going to need all the help we can get.

Hasnt lewandowski scored 9 goals and made 5 assists in 21 games? I mean that really not a bad return?

Man I really love the feeling of success after a period of hard work

I'm just going to wiki

Koreans generally refer to their age in units called sal (살), using Korean numerals in ordinal form. Thus, a person is one sal ("han sal", 한살) during the first calendar year of life, and ten sal during the tenth calendar year.[12]
The 100th-day anniversary of a baby is called baegil (백일), which literally means "a hundred days" in Korean, and is given a special celebration, marking the survival of what was once a period of high infant mortality. The first anniversary of birth named dol (돌) is likewise celebrated, and given even greater significance. Koreans celebrate their birthdays,[13] even though every Korean gains one 'sal' on New Year's Day.[14] Because the first year comes at birth and the second on the first day of the lunar New Year, a child born, for example, on December 29 (of the lunar calendar) will reach two years of age on Seollal (Korean New Year), when they are only days old in western reckoning.[15]

That shit is confusing as fuck

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_Asian_age_reckoning

Basically you are one year old as soon as you are born. Everyone adds a year on new years day. Some do it based on January 1st others based on Lunar new year. Everyone

So I was born turn 87 and so now I am 28 Korean age and will turn 29 on January 1st/ lunar new years.

things such as drinking and smoking is based on Western age.

I'm just going to wiki

Koreans generally refer to their age in units called sal (살), using Korean numerals in ordinal form. Thus, a person is one sal ("han sal", 한살) during the first calendar year of life, and ten sal during the tenth calendar year.[12]
The 100th-day anniversary of a baby is called baegil (백일), which literally means "a hundred days" in Korean, and is given a special celebration, marking the survival of what was once a period of high infant mortality. The first anniversary of birth named dol (돌) is likewise celebrated, and given even greater significance. Koreans celebrate their birthdays,[13] even though every Korean gains one 'sal' on New Year's Day.[14] Because the first year comes at birth and the second on the first day of the lunar New Year, a child born, for example, on December 29 (of the lunar calendar) will reach two years of age on Seollal (Korean New Year), when they are only days old in western reckoning.[15]

That shit is confusing as fuck

So if you're born on the 28th of December. By two days you're 2 years old?

What a life

Oh my God, those leaked sony emails. Sony security. :bow

Looking over Mosko's leaked emails, we saw an interesting exchange related to Sony's "Community" series which aired on NBC.

The show was originally canceled May 9 after five seasons on air.

Three days later, the show's star, Joel McHale, sent an email to Mosko's assistant asking for a discount on an $8,000 Sony TV.

The email reads:

Hello Fayanne,

It's Joel McHale. You might remember me from such canceled Sony tv shows as—Community.

Sad.

Very sad.

So when I was talking to Steve about the show ending last Friday, I asked about a discount on a Sony tv. He said of course. He's the greatest as you know. I didn't want to bother him with the specific details of the screen I want so I thought I would bother you. I hope that is it [sic] cool.

It's below. You can check with Steve obviously if this all sounds strange.

I'm not sure how this all works but I'm happy to send a credit card number wherever necessary.

Thanks Fayanne. I'm very much going to miss working at Sony.

Cheers

Joel

The TV McHale asked for is a 65" X950B 4K Ultra HD which retails for $7999.99.

After receiving McHale's email, Mosko requested the television to be purchased for the actor:

"how much is it? just get it...put it against community deal w money later"

The television ended up being on sale at the time for $6,000.

Salazar

"As soon as you're finished your current season"

Mate, I bear you homicidal ill will, but don't violate your contract on my behalf

Scum

TRANSFER GOSSIP
Inter Milan central defender Nemanja Vidic, 33, is on the verge of making a shock return to Manchester United. (Daily Star)
Roma's Champions League exit could also clear the way for United to snap up long-term target Kevin Strootman, the 24-year-old Netherlands midfielder. (Independent)
Sunderland and Leicester are interested in signing Hull City defender Curtis Davies, 29. (Daily Mail)
Chelsea winger Thorgan Hazard, 21 is open to a permanent move away from Stamford Bridge after impressing during his loan spell at Borussia Monchengladbach. (Evening Standard)
Manchester United are set to compete with Real Madrid for Borussia Monchengladbach midfielder Christoph Kramer, 23. (Talksport)
Stoke City midfielder Charlie Adam, 29, is open to the possibility of a move abroad and could join up with David Moyes at Real Sociedad. (Stoke Sentinel)
Sunderland manager Gus Poyet has made a cheeky offer to take Colombia striker Radamel Falcao, 28, on loan. (Sunderland Echo)
Chelsea are monitoring the progress of AFC Wimbledon's prolific 17-year-old striker Daniel Agyei. (Daily Mirror)

OTHER GOSSIP
Forward Raheem Sterling, 20, is set to turn down a new Liverpool deal worth £70,000 a week. (Daily Telegraph)
Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino says the club do not know when Emmanuel Adebayor will return after the 30-year-old striker was granted leave to fly to Togo on a personal matter. (London Evening Standard)
Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers says the entire club is to blame for the Reds' Champions League exit. (The Times - subscription required)
Tottenham full-back Kyle Walker, 24, has set his sights on winning back his England place after finally overcoming an abdominal injury. (The Sun - subscription required)
Manchester United defender Chris Smalling, 25, is set to be sidelined for two weeks with a groin injury. (Guardian)
Newcastle winger Rolando Aarons, 19, returned to training on Tuesday after a month out with a hamstring injury. (Daily Star)
Newcastle's Argentine winger Jonas Gutierrez, 31, was moved to tears by the fans' support during his battle with testicular cancer. (Daily Mirror)
Goalkeeper Joe Hart, 27, says Manchester City showed great character to defeat Roma and qualify for the knockout stages of the Champions League. (Manchester Evening News)
Southampton midfielder Jake Hesketh, 18, wants more Premier League action after making his debut in Sunday's defeat by Manchester United. (Southern Daily Echo)
Besiktas manager Slaven Bilic, 46, is eyeing a move to a Premier League club. (Daily Express)
Crystal Palace defender Joel Ward, 25, is close to agreeing new contract terms with the Premier League club. (Croydon Advertiser)
Midfielder Aaron Ramsey, 23, says the Arsenal squad back manager Arsene Wenger even if the club's supporters do not. (Daily Telegraph)

BEST OF SOCIAL MEDIA
Injured Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero, 26, said on Twitter that watching City's crucial Champions League match against Roma from the sidelines was "nerve-wrecking".
Hull City striker Sone Aluko, 25, tweeted that Chelsea midfielder and Nigeria team-mate John Obi Mikel, 27, is "massively underrated" following his goal against Sporting Lisbon in the Champions League.

AND FINALLY
Barcelona defender Gerard Pique, 27, sparked much mirth on social media after turning up to Barcelona's Champions League match wearing a bizarre hooded sweater. (Daily Mail)
Millwall have condemned a sixth-form college's plan to bring sociology students to a match to teach them about working-class habits, masculinity, homophobia and racism. (The Times - subscription required)

lol Poyet.

I love reading the lyrical commentary and explanation on rap genius.

Currently reading up on "Notorious Thugs".

"So much smoke need oxygen"

The air is more CO2 than O2 from all the weed they’re blazing up in an enclosed space.

GorillaJu

If Sterling turns down the contract that's the beginning of the end for Liverpool football club. There is literally nothing we can do to ever be competitive again. It's over. It's all over.

Hixx

lol Poyet.

Wat

It was an interview about how hard it is to find quality loans in January. He said you're looking at injured players who need match fitness then "...if Manchester want us to take Falcao for six months, we'll take him."

Such a bid.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
If Sterling turns down the contract that's the beginning of the end for Liverpool football club. There is literally nothing we can do to ever be competitive again. It's over. It's all over.
Embrace and accept Europe's superior competition.

Liverpool%20lift%20the%20Uefa%20Cup%202001

Scum

Wat

It was an interview about how hard it is to find quality loans in January. He said you're looking at injured players who need match fitness then "...if Manchester want us to take Falcao for six months, we'll take him."

Such a bid.

Why are you so angry, Hixx? It says "offer" right there. Of course it's a bid.
dPrJaGc.png

There's spoilers about movies out there too lol, all these emails... Jesus. Rogen being angry about having to tone down his movie for Kaz Hirai, new James Bond movies crazy budget and having a (spoiler)
Lesbian bad boy
, excite.

The aftermath of all this will be glorious. I wonder who's been prepped as the scapegoat...?

Salazar

Raheem wants more than 70k per week?

Make an OT thread and watch the econ postgrads claw each other's bowels to shreds about rational actors and shit.

I dunno what kind of bump above 70 Raheem wants or can reasonably expect Liverpool to offer. Does he want parity with Stevie ?

Maybe he'll feel Henry Winter's disapproval and call it off.

QJXWnti.jpg

Stunning photograph

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom