• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT10| -Proud Of Our Heritage-

Status
Not open for further replies.
B4Zr0g0CQAAsrD3.png

Told ya guys. Reus aint coming. He hates Bayern for some reason. I can see him going back to Dortmund once he failed in Madrid. Or he goes to England then.

"For some reason"

Yeah, I don't know why you'd hate a club that first says you were afraid of the competition at Bayern when joining BVB, can't stop talking about you moving to Bayern in the next 2 years after that and then starts talking about your contract details in public.

Bla pls, explain. I don't understand.

El Topo

Told ya guys. Reus aint coming. He hates Bayern for some reason. I can see him going back to Dortmund once he failed in Madrid. Or he goes to England then.

"To pull a Kagawa" - Fail in England and return to Dortmund
"To pull a Sahin" - Fail in Madrid and return to Dortmund, possibly via another club

Which one will it be?
None because Reus is actually good enough to succeed anywhere.

"To pull a Kagawa" - Fail in England and return to Dortmund
"To pull a Sahin" - Fail in Madrid and return to Dortmund, possibly via China

Which one will it be?
None because Reus is actually good enough to succeed everywhere.

"To pull a ter Stegen"

Sitting on the bench because of Nerman

Tomorrow is payday and I spent a two hour break working out all my finances for the next month. I budgeted for each day because I really don't want to do the usual and drop large bills on champagne and other vices over Christmas.

I want to start January 2nd with a healthy amount left in my account rather than the usual post holiday pennies.

I just read that Reus article, chances are high that this shit is completely made up :lol

"His team mates already call him "Ree-us"" (which is supposed to be the Spanish pronounciation of Reus).

Reminds me of the time they said Götze was called "Götzinho" by his team mates at BVB and when someone actually asked the cunt, he only said "yeah, nobody said that like ever".

I just read that Reus article, chances are high that this shit is completely made up :lol

"His team mates already call him "Ree-us"" (which is supposed to be the Spanish pronounciation of Reus).

Reminds me of the time they said Götze was called "Götzinho" by his team mates at BVB and when someone actually asked the cunt, he only said "yeah, nobody said that like ever".
milch I am pleading with you

He is gone

You need to start coming to terms with it asap

Salazar

The praise for Ashley Young is odd to me.

Utter shit going forward. In the sense that he transforms into someone with scoliosis and searches for ways to take our play backward.

Utter shit crossing the ball. I can't at all see how it's possible to make runs for his deliveries.

It's not that he was limiting himself because we were defensively strapped. That's how he fucking operates.

He managed to be in the right place, crucially, once. He was fucking nowhere multiple times. Saints patently could and should have murdered us.

He is a shit passing option. He won't commit to 50-50s. He's seemingly not that quick. He's got no muscle.

He's still a nothing footballer, through and through. I'd take Cleverley back to get rid.

Elchele

holy shit. how do you pronounce Reus in german then?

I went to ground zero recently where they have breathtaking memorial fountains in the spots where the towers stood. It really hits you in the feels. Unfortunately though when you take a look around at some of the other people this is what you see.

I even saw one girl sitting on the names of the dead so she could get the right pose.

Wilbur

Banned
The praise for Ashley Young is odd to me.

Utter shit going forward. In the sense that he transforms into someone with scoliosis and searches for ways to take our play backward.

Utter shit crossing the ball. I can't at all see how it's possible to make runs for his deliveries.

It's not that he was limiting himself because we were defensively strapped. That's how he fucking operates.

He managed to be in the right place, crucially, once. He was fucking nowhere multiple times. Saints patently could and should have murdered us.

He is a shit passing option. He won't commit to 50-50s. He's seemingly not that quick. He's got no muscle.

He's still a nothing footballer, through and through. I'd take Cleverley back to get rid.

Agreed.

Fair fucks to him for giving a position that he has no idea how to play a go, but... he has no idea how to play it.

When he plays as a winger you can almost praise him for his defensive work because that's in tandem with a left back, and because he's so dire going forward you have to clutch at straws. When it's his actual responsibility to defend, it shows that a) he isn't actually a defender and b) any attacking quality you might hope to gain by playing a winger in that position is pointless because the fucker can't attack.

I miss Shaw immensely already.

Young has done alright. You can't be too harsh on someone playing out of position. All you can ask is for the effort and for the minimum level of sense and application which he has shown and more.

The fact Valencia and Young are having to play full back, and badly, is the responsibility of Van Gaal and Woodward and maybe even Fergie/Moyes. It was crazy going into the season with no recognised back ups for Rafael and Shaw.

Wilbur

Banned
Teus to Madrid would be even more pointless than Reus to Bayern.

Chelsea, United and City all have more need for him. It's a shame EPL is shit b

Wilbur

Banned
Young has done alright. You can't be too harsh on someone playing out of position. All you can ask is for the effort and for the minimum level of sense and application which he has shown and more.

The fact Valencia and Young are having to play full back, and badly, is the responsibility of Van Gaal and Woodward and maybe even Fergie/Moyes. It was crazy going into the season with no recognised back ups for Rafael and Shaw.

Well of course it should be acknowledged that he's playing in an unfamiliar position, but you think we'd at least look better going forward in that position in some aspects. We don't. He's a worse attacker than Evra and Shaw.

I'm loathe to criticise him anymore than I do already, because I appreciate he's trying hard, but his deficencies both defending (not his fault) and attacking (an indictment of his quality) are made clearer.

Agreed with you on the latter part though. But we sent James out on loan, maybe Vermijl too? Varela? They're untested, but at least they're defenders. Big cock up.

Well of course it should be acknowledged that he's playing in an unfamiliar position, but you think we'd at least look better going forward in that position in some aspects. We don't. He's a worse attacker than Evra and Shaw.

I'm loathe to criticise him anymore than I do already, because I appreciate he's trying hard, but his deficencies both defending (not his fault) and attacking (an indictment of his quality) are made clearer.

Agreed with you on the latter part though. But we sent James out on loan, maybe Vermijl too? Varela? They're untested, but at least they're defenders. Big cock up.

I don't think it's that simple though - he's a winger, that's the role he knows how to play. Attacking from full-back/wing-back is very different in plenty of ways and the player is never fully comfortable in what they're doing. He must be second guessing himself, where he should be and what he should be doing all the time.

His crossing is rubbish and he can't really take players on - that's fair criticism, not saying he should be free from it. Just think it'd be naïve for us to think we can stick a winger at full back and trade some defence for attack.

Is that part where he says something like "fuz"? help me understand

wat :lol

No idea m8, at second 17, Klopp says something like "well, and now Marco Reus is in hospital."

But don't bother, like windfish said, it's basically "Roy-s". Like "Roy's car is nice".

Salazar

Young exhausted my patience a long time ago. I can't make contextual allowances. He's televisual strychnine.

GGMU mugs see things different, innit

Very good, again. Starting to think whether Shaw will really have to fight for his place back now...

He's doing well right now and I am enjoying him being in the team.

New RB? I reckon he could play there as well, he isnt injury prone and works his ass of. If Shaw gets back, I hope he gets shifted to RB, he deserves a place with his form.

Our best player apart from RVP of course. He put some nice crosses into the box.

Some of his crosses were really good. I never understand why one or two dont go back post for his crosses though. He whips them in well. I think Falcao would love getting on the end of his crosses tbh as he would be attacking them.

stealth FF post said:
I had him down as MOTM for most of the game until RVP ran away with it - incredible how well Young has done at left-back.

I'd say he's given us plenty of reason to save a few quid on a back up LB.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

I like suicidal Evrahimovich. Dude's stick shift has no Reverse though for fudge's sake

Bold One

The Guardian's new layout is ....interesting

Smashley Young is not my favourite footballer, but I think he gets a raw deal from fans who are looking for a scapegoat

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Valencia's positioning was diabolical

The shape after the *switch* made no sense whatsoever :lol what was it?!?! 2-1(carrick)-4-1-2?!

Wilbur

Banned
Valencia's positioning was diabolical

The shape after the *switch* made no sense whatsoever :lol what was it?!?! 2-1(carrick)-4-1-2?!

No idea. In the first half it actually seemed like a 3-5-2, with Mata playing deep in order to give us an extra body (but he was so ineffective the influence was negligible). When Herrera went on - and Carrick had been complaining to the touchline I think - we all assumed we'd be switching to a 4 but... Carrick dropped too deep for him to have an impact, Mata started playing higher up the pitch, van Persie dropped deeper, Herrera just buzzed around with no real position...

It was a real mess. Part of me feels like the early injury change threw things out of sync because Evans has no idea how to play in the system, but the other half is just confused as to why we stuck with it when it wasn't working.

There was no shape yesterday, it was a disorganised mess. Our players were getting dragged all over the place and then we never kept it long enough.

I think it was meant to be a 3-4-1-2 with Herrera behind the strikers.

Wilbur

Banned
There was no shape yesterday, it was a disorganised mess. Our players were getting dragged all over the place and then we never kept it long enough.

I think it was meant to be a 3-4-1-2 with Herrera behind the strikers.

Mad innit that a team like Southampton - no disrespect to them - had two clearly better full backs and a player in Wanyama who controlled the midfield. We have sunk so low Viva ;_;

Facism

I went to ground zero recently where they have breathtaking memorial fountains in the spots where the towers stood. It really hits you in the feels. Unfortunately though when you take a look around at some of the other people this is what you see.

I even saw one girl sitting on the names of the dead so she could get the right pose.

Horrific.

Mad innit that a team like Southampton - no disrespect to them - had two clearly better full backs and a player in Wanyama who controlled the midfield. We have sunk so low Viva ;_;

It’s sad man, it is very sad. Long way to go yet.

But I do feel like yesterday we created the problem for ourselves with a combination of really poor selection/set-up and some seriously tragic play, things which you can’t account for like basic 5 yards passes going wrong.

I’m still confident Van Gaal will get it right. We’ve seen the team play well in spells over the past few weeks (even against the two better sides in the league). When (if) the team settles down it’ll come along, you need time to develop combinations and relationships on the pitch. It’s not good enough so far but taking everything into account (late transfers, injuries, new philosophy) we’re doing okay-ish where we are now.

But as we said briefly yesterday, the next 10 games or so – have to get those 7 wins at least and start to look like a team.

Young exhausted my patience a long time ago. I can't make contextual allowances. He's televisual strychnine.

GGMU mugs see things different, innit

The praise is overboard on there. As a winger playing a rb, him not fucking up constitutes for a great game in my eyes. The fact is his performances pale in comparison to what Shaw brings on both ends, which is only natural as Shaw is a natural lb. He hasn't been fantastic, he has only been decent, which is all we can ask for during this injury crisis. What is baffling to me is that they probably think it somehow validates his overall ability when if there was no injury crises and he had to go back to playing his natural position he would frustrate everyone because he's fucking shit going forward.

You could probably play Vermijl at lb and he would put in performances as good as Young, and some games where he's better. He had to play as a lcb in a 352 vs the Dons and was decent apart from that one big mistake that led to a goal. He's not a cb, and having to play a new position in a new formation he doesn't know was harsh. He hasn't gotten a chance since then yet I'm pretty sure Young was shit defensively vs Swansea as a lb. One gets a chance, the other doesn't.

It's important that we get a back up fb by next season. Having to rely on Young and Valencia is a disaster waiting to happen. We know they won't do much going forward, but they're not natural fbs and mistakes will eventually seep into their performances like they have in the past.

LTWheels

For the Italian people in here, what does u.u mean at the end of a text message? This Italian girl seems to add it the end of nearly every message.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Junited will finish second that much is clear

Welcome back

No, Aguero was cremated last night

Wilbur

Banned
It’s sad man, it is very sad. Long way to go yet.

But I do feel like yesterday we created the problem for ourselves with a combination of really poor selection/set-up and some seriously tragic play, things which you can’t account for like basic 5 yards passes going wrong.

I’m still confident Van Gaal will get it right. We’ve seen the team play well in spells over the past few weeks (even against the two better sides in the league). When (if) the team settles down it’ll come along, you need time to develop combinations and relationships on the pitch. It’s not good enough so far but taking everything into account (late transfers, injuries, new philosophy) we’re doing okay-ish where we are now.

But as we said briefly yesterday, the next 10 games or so – have to get those 7 wins at least and start to look like a team.

Yeah, agreed. I mean, to be third in the table, regardless of how shit almost everyone else has been, is an achievement with the problems we've had.

You'll hear some - Hitcher u cunt I'm aiming this at you - saying third is the bare minimum of where we should be, but you're absolutely right when you factor in our problems that we're doing okay. It feels like a cult of personality thing to me; this side is grinding out results in a way Fergie did and Moyes didn't, and that's not a horrifically negative sign to me.

Zabojnik

For the Italian people in here, what does u.u mean at the end of a text message? This Italian girl seems to add it the end of nearly every message.

"u.u is someone looking down, usually used when someone's a bit sad."

Non te la da, basically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom