• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT10| -Proud Of Our Heritage-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Godin is not a marquee player.

ibcMK5q31DePxq.gif

Text book.

"The building is not so important, the accommodation is not so important, it's the philosophy and the staff that's important," the United manager said at the club's own training ground on Friday.

"Then comes of course the talent."

"Paul Scholes. Also a legend. He has to pay attention to his words also,"

God I love him.

Meier

Some tabloid is saying City are willing to pay £20m for Papiss Cisse. Think that's in the running for worst rumor I've ever read.

The Daily Star apparently. Makes sense.

I just feel fucking sad for anyone who likes David Cage games.

Like, the effort it must take to ignore how badly designed, written and plotted they all are must be fucking exhausting.

I loved the first half of Fahrenheit and all of heavy rain, not any effort needed. The flaws are obvious but making but still managed to be exciting.

Still haven't played beyond.

Scum

Looks so fucking shit

The Order is PS4's Lair

There will be a day when a hyped up title, hiding it's mediocre shite behind shiny visuals, gets lambasted by many reviewers who finally ditch that bullshit 7-10 scoring scale. And it will glorious.

Some tabloid is saying City are willing to pay £20m for Papiss Cisse. Think that's in the running for worst rumor I've ever read.

The Daily Star apparently. Makes sense.

Tabloid. There's your answer.

I loved the first half of Fahrenheit and all of heavy rain, not any effort needed. The flaws are obvious but making but still managed to be exciting.

Heavy Rain was just.... ugh.

Like the graphics for the time were good for consoles and I'm a graphics whore so that's great but yeah. Like you'd have to out of your way to write a flatter (barely) interactive story and plot. And if your game forsakes gameplay interactivity for story then it better be fucking good. This was worse than some CoD SP storylines I've played.

Like the graphics for the time were good for consoles and I'm a graphics whore so that's great but yeah. Like you'd have to out of your way to write a flatter (barely) interactive story and plot. And if your game forsakes gameplay interactivity for story then it better be fucking good. This was worse than some CoD games I've played.

The plot did annoy me but I was well entertained all the way through anyway, helped that it took me one and a half day to finish probably, so didn't get to be annoyed with game play or anything, it was mostly easy and I'm a sucker for moral choices in games.

Which leads me to :black and white is the best Sim ever created.

The plot did annoy me but I was well entertained all the way through anyway, helped that it took me one and a half day to finish probably, so didn't get to be annoyed with game play or anything, it was mostly easy and I'm a sucker for moral choices in games.

Which leads me to :black and white is the best Sim ever created.

Man I sucked at Black and White :(

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member

The best thing he's ever done is the first 10 minutes of Fahrenheit when you have to clean up the crime scene before the cop walks in and depending on what you do it affects the story. the rest is trash.

Hixx

Heavy Rain was great.

It had its flaws but for an interactive story it is up there with the Walking Dead and Wolf Among Us games.

It broke my PS3 though. And I had to pay £130 to get it replaced. Most expensive game I've ever played... after WoW. Which has probably cost me close to a grand over the decade.

King_Moc

Banned

Like the graphics for the time were good for consoles and I'm a graphics whore so that's great but yeah. Like you'd have to out of your way to write a flatter (barely) interactive story and plot. And if your game forsakes gameplay interactivity for story then it better be fucking good. This was worse than some CoD SP storylines I've played.

For some reason I enjoyed that and Beyond. Really weird, especially as I don't even particularly like films. I think it's because I used to be a fan of those choose your own adventure books. I'll admit they're objectively bad as games though.

The best thing he's ever done is the first 10 minutes of Fahrenheit when you have to clean up the crime scene before the cop walks in and depending on what you do it affects the story. the rest is trash.

While that was certainly the high point, I disagree. Heavy Rain's twist pissed me off to no end, but so many enjoyable moments in it still. Like the choice between shooting that drug dealer or whatever it was, that shit was great, loved it. Truly wish Quantic Dream would hire a writer though, their games could be so much less frustrating if David Cage didn't seem to rule it all.

I remember being incredibly hyped for Heavy Rain at it's release, looked so different from the games out back then. But yeah, I quite enjoyed it despite the stupid story, bad controls and terrible dialogue/voice acting. Those kids....Cage pls.

Clegg

Naughty Dog games were the ones that my PS3 couldn't run.

The Last of Us and Uncharted 3 crashed time and again. Got so bad that I could never actually finish them. TLoU may be some people's favourite game, but to me it's a piece of shit.

Facism

I still remember Black and White shipping with that bug that wouldn't let you complete the 3rd world.

thankfully i've been lionhead-free since.

[edit]clegg's ps3 lacking budo :(

For some reason I enjoyed that and Beyond. Really weird, especially as I don't even particularly like films. I think it's because I used to be a fan of those choose your own adventure books. I'll admit they're objectively bad as games though.

Like I said I can take it if the story and character interaction makes up for it, but I really did not feel that at all for HR. If a nuke had exploded out of nowhere mid game I would've been more entertained I think, such was the value of the characters to me.

K1LLER7

Naughty Dog games were the ones that my PS3 couldn't run.

The Last of Us and Uncharted 3 crashed time and again. Got so bad that I could never actually finish them. TLoU may be some people's favourite game, but to me it's a piece of shit.
Crashed on my ps3 too. I didn't get too far so didn't believe the hype.

Then I Played it on PS4....It's One of the best games of last Gen.

I still remember Black and White shipping with that bug that wouldn't let you complete the 3rd world.

Then you missed the second greatest sim of all time: The Movies.

Ok it wasn't that good, but I was really hyped for it. That's what got me to start posting on LH forums at the age of 13, what a sight that was, with my grammar and everything. Then Microsoft took over LH and just fucking wiped their forums lol, that had been going strong since 97, such cunts.

Then you missed the second greatest sim of all time: The Movies.

Ok it wasn't that good, but I was really hyped for it. That's what got me to start posting on LH forums at the age of 13, what a sight that was, with my grammar and everything.

lol The Movies, I was really hyped for this too. Got it for my birthday, made a couple of films, then I forgot about it :/

lol The Movies, I was really hyped for this too. Got it for my birthday, made a couple of films, then I forgot about it :/

Me and a friend did a school report through it, instead of powerpoint shit when it was released. They hated it so we did a muppet show next time, with our socks. That for some reason went down better.

If you bought it just to make movies it wasnt great, but the sim part was solid I thought.

Clegg

Uncharted 2 ran fine, but I had problems from the very beginning with UC3. The opening bar brawl was bugged for me so whenever I went to leave to the back alley the cutscene never played. I got over that eventually by deleting the game data but it crashed again before the entrance to whatever that place was in the desert and I had to restart the game again whereupon the fucking back alley cutscenes wouldn't load. Gave up after that.

In TLOU I was chasing after Ellie on a horse and Joel just fell through the map. Tried to reload but the file was corrupted. Didn't bother to restart after that. Had enough of Naughty Dog games by then.

Scum

Premier League games on Fridays? Pfft.

Sat - 12.45pm, 3pm, 5.30pm
Sun - 3pm/4pm
Mon/Midweek games - 7.45pm/8pm
CL teams on Tues, play EPL games on Sat
CL teams on Wed, play EPL games on Sun
EL teams on Thur, play EPL games on Mon

Clegg

Crashed on my ps3 too. I didn't get too far so didn't believe the hype.

Then I Played it on PS4....It's One of the best games of last Gen.
I thought about getting it but my previous experiences with Naughty Dog games have soured me a bit.

inky

I fucking loved The Movies. I played that for like a million hours, no joke. The sim aspect was pretty poor in some aspects and amazing in others. The stuff with building relationships between actors and directors and their needs was pretty damn terrible as it took literally years of in-game time for them to get along, and if you hadn't planned every step of the way, it could take more than a decade to have them all at max friendship, then they'd retire soon after and you had to do it all over again. It was like they wanted some The Sims-lite mechanics, but implemented in the worse way possible.

The economy aspect of the game was terrible as well. You didn't need to worry about money ever, as long as the bulk of your movies didn't flop.

I still enjoyed some things about it tho, like your director getting fed up with the actors and saying 'fuck it' mid-shoot and getting drunk instead, then you'd have to literally drag his ass to the set. Or sending your 30 something actress to get some plastic surgery cus she's not cutting it anymore and maybe new breasts would help.

But man, I loved building lots, and preparing for award season, and every little detail and animation. The scene variety was very poor and your custom scripts could be a bit limited, (I often focused on horror and sci-fi stuff) but the whole process of the tiny people going from set to set, putting on costumes, setting up props and the camera/effects technology changing throughout the years was fantastic. I also loved the editing part of the game, and I thought the tools were actually pretty robust to feel like a game in itself.

I would love another game like that, with the appropriate changes and improvements (lol, speaking of the LH forums, I actually put a list in there of all the stuff I wanted to change back then, maybe you read it Wooden :p) but in this day and age, it would probably be some Kim Kardashian sponsored thing for tablets with microtransactions and that makes me sad.

I would love another game like that, with the appropriate changes and improvements (lol, speaking of the LH forums, I actually put a list in there of all the stuff I wanted to change back then, maybe you read it Wooden :p) but in this day and age, it would probably be some Kim Kardashian sponsored thing for tablets with microtransactions and that makes me sad.

I most certainly did haha. Were you on their forums a lot?

Wish they would have kept a lot of the stuff they had in originally, like your cast members being abducted by aliens, coming back acting weird, and cows invading your studio for grass and such. That's the kind of stupid shit I loved in my sim games from bullfrog and lionhead.

GQman2121

Banned
Heavy Rain is one of those games that you keep playing despite itself. The story--although complete drivel in retrospect--is pretty compelling during that initial play through. I actually really enjoyed it.

It's when you complete it and then think back in detail on some of the actions of the characters that it all falls apart. I went back to try the different scenarios, and then pick up the platinum trophy and it's pretty unbearable.

I still haven't played Beyond, but I'm open to it. I think it's only $10 on Game Fly right now too.

And that was in the demo. In fact, that was the demo. I actually liked the final game though. It really was something different at the time, and I can appreciate that.

inky

The Movies was very briefly on Steam years ago. Some people on my friends list still have it. I think the problem is Activision would have to give MS a small cut or something. They got the old game distribution rights, but MS owns the IP now if I understand correctly.

I most certainly did haha. Were you on their forums a lot?

Wish they would have kept a lot of the stuff they had in originally, like your cast members being abducted by aliens, coming back acting weird, and cows invading your studio for grass and such. That's the kind of stupid shit I loved in my sim games from bullfrog and lionhead.

Not a lot. I checked the movies others posted mainly to steal their ideas for my own movies.

I love that dumb shit too. Pretty much the reason I liked Sims 2 so much as well, with all the mods and alien babies and user made stuff.

How could you lose this monstrosity?

ibXkZip7Hj4qG.jpg

I bought it years after, got it for like £5 when I built a new PC so its a regular DVD case :p

None of Lionhead's other PC games (Black & White) are on PC either, I'm pretty sure there is (or was) an IP dispute somewhere and they just said fuck it, unfortunately.

But Fable 3 is on PC!

El Topo

It's when you complete it and then think back in detail on some of the actions of the characters that it all falls apart. I went back to try the different scenarios, and then pick up the platinum trophy and it's pretty unbearable.

When you think about it long enough, many stories fall apart. The Danganronpa series doesn't really make much sense in hindsight either, but I still enjoyed the games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom