• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT10| -Proud Of Our Heritage-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Command and Conquer Generals is so good. I have it on my external HDD to install when I'm too bored

I bought the C&C Ultimate Pack 2 days ago to play it then it wouldn't run, I spoke to EA Customer Support who said to do all these things to get round it and I just said "So, what you're saying is, you were too lazy to just make it run on Windows 8 properly" and got a refund.

I think I actually still have the Movies somewhere in my garage along with my old PC laptop. Need to have a serious look one day. (or just wait for it to come on Steam again, I suppose)

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Finally watched die hard all the way through

Pisses all over terminator 2

Welcome to the party, pal.

T2 is great though. I wouldn't rank them.

actually you should watch Die Hard 2 now you mention it. There's a slight crossover.

inky

Finally watched die hard all the way through

Pisses all over terminator 2

Finally? Geez, what have you been doing with your life? :p

It's great. 2 is fine, watch it as well. 3 has its moments, but that one was often on TV here in Spanish, so now when I watch it I always remember the Spanish dialogue and it makes me hate it a bit.

GQman2121

Banned
Jesus Christ, that Euro Gamer The Order thread.....

What is wrong with people? Why can't fellow hobbyist on the internet just let shit slide or ignore it completely? It's such strange behavior from people who you know are likely adults. Like, grown fucking adults, with bills and shit bickering on a forum about a game that literally none of them have played. And then they wonder why journalism covering games is such shit. It's because they just love the smell, taste and texture of it.

Elchele

anyone played Wolfenstein The New Order game for PS4?
My brother wants to buy CoD (lol) with the ps4, but I would like to recommend him something better. He wants a FPS

Scum

Jesus Christ, that Euro Gamer The Order thread.....

What is wrong with people? Why can't fellow hobbyist on the internet just let shit slide or ignore it completely? It's such strange behavior from people who you know are likely adults. Like, grown fucking adults, with bills and shit bickering on a forum about a game that literally none of them have played. And then they wonder why journalism covering games is such shit. It's because they just love the smell, taste and texture of it.

I've said this time and again - bean counters, m9. They have no interest in gaming as a hobby. Just after the spectacle and that's why gaming "journalists" as well as publishers, treat them that way.

Scum

Actual, paroxysmal distress about a fucking video game preview is just an odd thing to witness.

Whoa! Easy there, Dr. Sal, pls. Give me a sec to look that word up.
idyhqpvzVPjZq.png

Salazar

I fucking love this, from the Banned Paper article on Keane at Villa

A source said: ‘The atmosphere was horrible. It went downhill the moment Keane arrived. He p****d off all the big names he shouldn’t have p****d off and his relationship with the senior players slowly fell apart.

Big names ? Villa ?

Also, Delph sounds like Lallanification has set in.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Finally finished Mother 3. What a game, I really hate Nintendo of America now.

arkon

I really, really want Manchester City's email interactions dating back 10 or so years to get leaked.

The Sony stuff amuses me, but a football-related leak of a similar magnitude would be incredible.

"We've got the guys from Barcelona. They'll help us land Pep and Messi.

Based Txiki. "

Salazar

Henderson said:
“United are not a better team than us. I see the quality and character that we’ve got at this club every day in training. We’ve showed it in glimpses and we can definitely go to United and get a good result. But it’s all well and good me sitting here and saying that, we have to do the business. I’m not saying United aren’t a good team because they are and they’ve got fantastic players, but so have we.”

No strikers
No banter
No more CL

But dynamite in training

GorillaJu

The Order article from Eurogamer is really interesting. I think it's the first time I've ever seen a video game outlet specifically pick out a game to say "You shouldn't buy this game," months before it's release.

Fuck them, I'm buying it anyway. Looks like a fun romp.

Elchele

The Order article from Eurogamer is really interesting. I think it's the first time I've ever seen a video game outlet specifically pick out a game to say "You shouldn't buy this game," months before it's release.

yeah, it is really weird. I wonder why they did it

Or "you maybe shouldn't pre-order this game currently based on our experience of the preview code".

The devil's in the detail.

GorillaJu

Or "you maybe shouldn't pre-order this game currently based on our experience of the preview code".

The devil's in the detail.

Okay, but isn't that even more specific and strange?

General wisdom should dictate that you don't pre-order games at all (I don't except in rare circumstances), but naming a specific game based on preview code still seems like a unique case.

If you want to talk details, the lack of the word "yet" is a significantly meaningful omission. Having a game pre-ordered is a state that lasts from now until the day the game is released. They're putting themselves in a little bit of a hole with that opinion. I wouldn't be saying something like that unless I had confidence that the game wasn't going to be better on the whole, or that it wouldn't improve before release.

I don't care about reviews unless they're overwhelmingly positive about a game that I'm on the fence with, and if they're middling about a game I think I'll like, I still buy it anyway, so this doesn't affect me personally. I just think it's interesting.

Okay, but isn't that even more specific and strange?

General wisdom should dictate that you don't pre-order games at all (I don't except in rare circumstances), but naming a specific game based on preview code still seems like a unique case.

If you want to talk details, the lack of the word "yet" is a significantly meaningful omission. Having a game pre-ordered is a state that lasts from now until the day the game is released. They're putting themselves in a little bit of a hole with that opinion. I wouldn't be saying something like that unless I had confidence that the game wasn't going to be better on the whole, or that it wouldn't improve before release.

I don't care about reviews unless they're overwhelmingly positive about a game that I'm on the fence with, and if they're middling about a game I think I'll like, I still buy it anyway, so this doesn't affect me personally. I just think it's interesting.

I think the point is one of hope or lack thereof.

I think games journalists are used to playing preview code and can work out what can be justifiably ironed out before launch and what is an endemic design problem.

So where bugs may be fixable, there's also game design decisions in the preview code that you would reckon the studio has zero intention of changing, because they honestly think it's good.

Salazar

Laboured, I'm having these feelings.

Writers shouldn't just do their job and get paid for it. They should spend untold (and, let's face it, unpaid) amounts of time trying to civilly justify themselves to conspiratorially-minded goblin fucks who are DSM-IV-worthily uncomfortable with the existence of any kind of asymmetrically arranged authority (betokening a fucking awful time at school, if they were not brutally homeschooled).

I mean, I'm sure every freelancer out there is just dying to sign into the JUSTIFY URSELF OR FACE CONSEQUENCES grand unified message board.

Hmmm, let me check my messages.

DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO LIKE. DON'T TELL ME THINGS. GRRRRRRR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom