• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT12| Old Man Looking For 17 year olds. Contact Arsene

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linius

Time for some Eredivisie. I'm strangely nervous for this game. This rebuild Groningen can always surprise. They snatched up Rusnak in the winter.

Elchele

http://instagram.com/p/x6iGZnH5_j/

i0d3DqsHTfM5c.png

You know I always play Schalke online <3

Joke post? But seriously, it's pretty self explanatory. You transfer all your data from one system to the other system. Games, save data, diary log etc.

Oh, I honestly didnt know if it was important :lol, ok thanks! Will wait then, or if there's a Majoira's Mask bundle (are they sold out?).

Was Quiche talking about buying H1Z1? I see on the front page of reddit there's a post about how it has "pay-to-win" microtransactions. http://i.imgur.com/9CE4FpH.jpg

yeah, the idea is when they drop that airdrop everyone on the server can see it and it's fucking loud so everyone knows it's coming and can follow it. Even though you bought the airdrop if someone kills you before you get it then other people can grab it. It kind of makes this huge rush to one part of the map where people end up fighting. It's interesting, I wouldn't call it P2W yet but I haven't played enough yet cause the servers are dogshit.

Elchele

I think there's a club that was funded or refunded in 2010 or so, and plays in 4th division in Germany. They trashed Bayern II

FootballFan

FAO Meier & Yurt (cause you love to hate Mancini)

Last night I went to the City supporters club in Warrington with my dad, tc also came along for the Guiness. (it's held at an Irish Club)

The guest was Les Chapman - he has 749 league appearances to his name and although he never played for City, he is synonymous with the club due to the fact he has coached City reserves and in 1997 he became the kit man until he retired in 2014. You will have probably seen him doing stupid things on City's YouTube channel. Anyway, he naturally has a lot of interesting stories and information because of the position he had at the club. The Mancini stuff is just insane.

On the players (past and present)
  • When asked who was the most dedicated/hard working player he has ever seen at City he answered Carlos Tevez. He said that although he was quiet, he always trained at 110% and gave his everything, every time.
  • Also on Tevez, he said without a shadow of a doubt, Tevez did not refuse to play in Munich that time. He said he did however refuse to warm up because he had warmed up twice already and saw subs being made that were not him so he didn't see the need to further warm up.
  • He said that Tevez carried the City team for 2 years and for personal reasons, wanted to move when he did.
  • He said David Silva is the most gifted player he has ever seen at City. He said sometimes he would just stand and watch him train.
  • On this summers Yaya saga - he said he was with the team when they went to Abu Dhabi. He said that the club do things to keep Yaya sweet, orders from above so to speak. One of them is the vice captaincy that was taken from Zabaleta. And also on match days it has been known for the MoTM to be announced as Yaya Toure even if he hasn't won the vote.

On Balotelli
  • Called him a lovely lad but said that Balotelli is incredibly selfish, he is not and never will be a team player.
  • He said that he was confident Brendan Rogers would get the best out of him and potentially change his attitude. But not anymore
  • He said that Mario was known for smoking in the dressing room showers.
  • As a smoker himself, he said Mario was always asking for him for cigarettes and lighters
  • He said that Mario has the fiercest shot he has ever seen.
  • Mario asked for him to print a message on his under shirt for the Derby game. What Balotelli wanted was not allowed as it might upset someone (he wouldn't say what he asked for) but in the end Mario came up with Why Always Me?

Being a kit man
  • he went on about how he prepared all the players stuff, how many shirts each one had, how many pairs of boots etc. Aguero for example has 4 shirts, 4 shorts, 2 socks and then warm up kit. 4 pairs of boots. He said Shaun Wright-Philips was known to have 12 pairs of boots with him on a match day.
  • the players get to keep their shirts obviously, but if they want to get shirts signed for friends they are meant to pay £25 a shirt but never do!
  • The club will go through 3000 shirts next season.
  • He gave examples of players pre-match rituals or superstitions. Lescott would only wear navy ankle socks for training, everyone else wore the standard white socks. Lescott also would never wear a short sleeve jersey, it was always long whatever the weather. Umbro didn't provide player issue long sleeve jersey's, so Lescott's came from the club shop. Peter Schmeichel asked him to hide his gloves from him before every game, he didn't want to see them before he was just about to line up in the tunnel. They also had to be hidden from the sight of the other players.
  • He once forgot ALL the players match kit. It was left in Manchester and the team were in London about to play West Ham. He said he just about cobbled kits together from spares and Nigel De Jong had to wear a jersey which was far too small. He said the West Ham kit man helped him print all the jerseys and shorts

On Mark Hughes
  • He called him clueless.
  • He wanted to change too much, too soon.
  • His coaches and staff team was too large.
  • He explained that when a footballer goes through a medical at the bottom of the paperwork the manager can sign the medical off at his discretion should the player fail the medical. He did this for Roque Santa Cruz, who was injured at the time of his medical. He called it one of the most corrupt deals in modern football.

On Macini
  • He called him a twat.
  • Mancini's back room staff were decent enough people, but Mancini himself was rude & ignorant. He would never say hello or good morning to anyone, he would not acknowledge anyone. He said their working relationship broke down beyond repair and they never spoke.
  • He explained that Mancini had an assistant called Jose (who was not a coach and he did not have any footballing role at the club) he was basically his right hand man, who did the dirty work. One example he gave of this was 2-3 months after Boateng joined the club we were playing away in the Europa League and Boateng was called back to Germany as his wife/gf had gone into labour. Boateng was allowed to go back to Germany but was constantly being contacted by this Jose under Mancini's instruction. Boateng was told whilst he was waiting for his wife to give birth he should find a gym and do a quick session. He was contacted shortly after the birth and was told he had 30 minutes to leave the hospital and find a plane to where we were due to play, Boateng did this. Boateng didn't play, or make the bench. Mancini was being a cunt.
  • Mancini brought his own chef in from Italy - he was paid £120,000 a year and often turned up to work drunk.
  • If a player had a muscle injury Mancini would get "an Italian man as old as the hills" in to touch their muscles as Mancini believed he had "Miracle Hands".
  • On a pre-season tour of America (the year Balotelli tried that stupid marseille roulette finish thingy) Mancini said he did not like the look of the plane they were about to board to fly to a destination. £400,000 later a plane was secured which he did like the look of.
  • Mancini banned music in the dressing room, the players sat in silence before games, not even talking.
  • Mancini's team talks were none existent. He explained as a kit man he very rarely was in the dressing room during a team talk but at Bolton he stayed in. He said for 10 minutes Mancini didn't even enter the dressing room, then right before the players were about to go out he did. He did an impression of the team talk.
    "Micah, Davies, Impossible. Davies, Micah, Impossible. Impossible, Micah, Davies. Davies, Micah, Impossible." He said it went on for a good few minutes but no one daren't speak up. He went on to elaborate that team talks before the game were held by Kompany or James Milner if Kompany wasn't playing.
  • When Balotelli got sent off in that Europa League game Mancini went in the dressing room during the game and went berserk at him. He said that Balotelli just sat there looking at him whilst Mancini acted like a man possessed. He said it lasted a good five minutes before Mancini went to leave only to hurl a suitcase at Balotelli which narrowly missed his head.

Mancini & the club doctor
  • In Mancini's second season the club doctor mysteriously departed the club, a small statement on the website said they had mutually parted company. He then went on to explain what really happened. Mancini constantly disagreed with his diagnosis and treatment of the players citing that he knew better. Mancini brought his own people in to the club to then treat the players, but none of this was official. He said players were injected with treatments that were not authorised by the club doctor. The club doctor went to the chairman with evidence of what had been going on and the chairman said he was going to get back to him after seeking legal advice. The legal advice was that he paid the doctor whatever he asked for in order to terminate his contract because what was going on could have "shut the club down".

On Pellegrini
  • He is very nice and enjoyable to work with, very calm and relaxed.
  • Team talks are in English, but he will speak Spanish to the likes of Silva, Navas and Aguero when he is trying to convey a particular point.

Gr8 read. Thanks Dan.

Zabojnik

In all his playing time has he only played behind the strikers?

Coman? He played as a striker alongside / behind Morata on one occasion, a la Tevez, when we were still playing with 3-5-2. Managed a brilliant assist for Elbuyback as well. Since we switched to 4-3-1-2 ... I don't even remember, since he usually gets subbed in for one player or another around the 80th minute mark. Yesterday we played with 4-3-3 and he replaced Giovinco on WF. Being so young, he's still raw and moldable, but I think he should definitely play closer to the goal rather than in the midfield. WF suits him best atm, but we should definitely try him behind Llorente and Tevez in our 4-3-1-2, see how it goes.

I'm just desperate to see the black Januzaj play more, because he's fucking awesome. Next year's forward line ...

Coman - Falcao - Berardi

Help.

jtb

Banned
mancini is a terrible manager? I would never have guessed

you have to be quite talented to do so little with so much

Jarnet87

Speaking of Zelda and 3DS. Why the fuck is Ocarina of Time still ridiculously expensive? Nintendo pls.

Nintendo games rarely drop in price but at least a few times a year stores will have good sales for Nintendo games.

I'm thinking of trading my 3DS XL in, Gamestop will give $100 if its toward a new 3DS XL. Only thing is its one of those Link Between Worlds bundle where the game is digital, could i redownload the game or is it stuck to that XL system.

El Cid

Neo Member
Welcome

Who do you support

Thank you.

Ajax and Red Star Belgrade. Other than that I have a few teams I am fond of, but in general I enjoy being able to opportunistically bash a club when the situation calls for it and whinge about the state of modern football.

Elchele

Thank you.

Ajax and Red Star Belgrade. Other than that I have a few teams I am fond of, but in general I enjoy being able to opportunistically bash a club when the situation calls for it and whinge about the state of modern football.

was Luis Garrido any good during his time in Belgrade?

Meier

Well I just bought the New 3DS XL Metallic Blue with Majora's Mask for 205 euros. That's a pretty sweet deal.

Wow, that's a great deal. I dunno what to do.. kinda hate to give up my Zelda SE 3DS. :( Have to wait until I get the new system to transfer it as well.

FootballFan

Thank you.

Interesting.

Welcome again. We talk a lot of shit so feel free to participate lol.

Thank you.

Welcome to the best community on GAF. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom