• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT12| Old Man Looking For 17 year olds. Contact Arsene

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scum

Just seen the result looool. Terrible. That team should be winning that easy.

Fair play to Cambridge though, delighted they'll get to play at OT.

If Ra's really wants 3 at the back, the maybe he should consider a 3-4-3 or a 3-4-1-2...??

noal

Banned
Shit performance but chuffed for Cambridge that they will get a good payday. Should be a good match.

I say this as much in hope as anything.

This isn't the first time an EPL team has drawn, lost or had a bad away game in FA cup.

Cambridge come to OT, which I am sure they and their fans will love. We win at OT. All good.

If Ra's really wants 3 at the back, the maybe he should consider a 3-4-3 or a 3-4-1-2...??

Zh1RrNj.png

Best

Top clubs never beat the minnows 10-0. Nature of the game. It's only ever going to end 1 or 2-0 if the big club take their chances. This match was pretty much what you'd expect.

Not worried by the result, we'll go through at OT and our fixture list is pretty empty, but I am worried by the performance.

So many players afraid to play a forward pass. So many bad first touches. So little intelligent movement.

Jones and Fellaini can leave.

Hixx

That Cambridge player who happened to block their own ball while he was on the line must be pretty bummed.

Dunno, think most of the Cambridge lads will be fucking ecstatic going to play at Old Trafford. On a personal level it's probably the perfect result.

Meh. Small club celebrating a draw like a win. 20% possession. Any team that just park the bus is difficult to beat. Just ask mourinho.

Wow.

This type of attitude is why people mock fans of the bigger clubs. Some of them just do not understand football outside of their mega-rich bubble.

m8 that is a minnow beating a giant

doicare

Almost full strength, but wasn't. Thanks for playing.
i agree cambriged played some amazing defense
The way they put everybody behind the ball, hoping for the best whilst managing zero shots on target themselves was spectacular.
You know nothing :lol :lol :lol
That's why i'm always in the top 5 of the NeoGAF fantasy football league and most of my predictions come true. Come on Willkiller you can do better than that.

wedward

Top clubs never beat the minnows 10-0. Nature of the game. It's only ever going to end 1 or 2-0 if the big club take their chances. This match was pretty much what you'd expect.

Do you have stats to back this up or did you just pull this out your ass to make yourself feel better about United being unable to score against a team made up of plumbers?

Messi

What about that time MK Dons spanked Man United?

Oh ...that was the wrong way around.

Bold One

FA Cup exist in a vacuum, form and status really don't matter, its a stage where anyone can beat anyone. Sheffield came close to dumping on city. and it was a miracle goal that gave us a leg up on Yeovil.

OF COURSE they'll celebrate

Cambridge United isn't even a club

they're a pub team

they literally picked up the first XI who showed up tonight

you're United, rich bitch etc
We've lost to plenty of non teams under saf, small teams just go all out against big clubs don't they.

wedward

FA Cup exist in a vacuum, form and status really don't matter, its a stage where anyone can beat anyone. Sheffield came close to dumping on city. and it was a miracle goal that gave us a leg up on Yeovil.

This is bullshit.

Like, how many sport cliches can you fit in one sentence?

Bold One

This is bullshit.

Like, how many sport cliches can you fit in one sentence?

I could fit a whole lot more but the fact of the matter is cup competition is ripe for upsets, plenty of Prem teams have been dumped out by minnows, United are not special.

Under Fergie we dumped out by Leeds who were in Division 2, things like this happen

doicare

WELL EXCUSE MEEEEH

but m8

Cambridge

5th tier a few months ago

mac-laughing-it-s-always-sunny-o.gif
United could switch to playing in Serie A if you like, we could at least turn it in to a two team league. Although that will mean you'd have to watch Juventus finish second every year, sound good?

Scum

Not worried by the result, we'll go through at OT and our fixture list is pretty empty, but I am worried by the performance.

So many players afraid to play a forward pass. So many bad first touches. So little intelligent movement.

Jones and Fellaini can leave.

This is what is worrying for Man Utd fans at the moment.

RVP, Fellaini, Smalling, Evans, Anderson, Young and Valencia should be permenantly benched or sold.

wedward

I could fit a whole lot more but the fact of the matter is cup competition is ripe for upsets, plenty of Prem teams have been dumped out by minnows, United are not special.

Under Fergie we dumped out by Leeds who were in Division 2, things like this happen

Football is ripe for upsets.

Upsets don't magically happen.

faridmon

There is a fair argument saying that Teams of lower division just work hard enough to actually come close with teams of big spending nature.

But lets not kid ourselves, if the players of top team actually tried hard enough, they would have come out victorious.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
United could switch to playing in Serie A if you like, we could at least turn it in to a two team league. Although that will mean you'd have to watch Juventus finish second every year, sound good?

THE BANTER

THE WIT

I CANT

I'M BAILING OUt

HALP

YTcLa9t.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom