• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT12| Old Man Looking For 17 year olds. Contact Arsene

Status
Not open for further replies.

kharma45

Another season where the team plays shit while they try to gel, all the while Van Gaal makes tactical blunders, with the squad ravaged by injuries...all the while, the Battleship soars on...
CNB1W6d.png
Tq89y8T.png
Zh1RrNj.png
cHNjGdP.png
ifC9F8b25UMR1.png

I hope your trip to the cinema was shit

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
This one goes out to everybody on FootieGAF, when i say something i still mean it but if people think i take what is said on here deadly serious and i get super serial then all i can say is lol. Most of the stuff said by posters on here is hyperbolic and knee jerk reaction stuff and it makes me laugh at how stupid it is.

please, anything but getting super serial man

it's alright don't worry, we know you're a joke poster.

This one goes out to everybody on FootieGAF, when i say something i still mean it but if people think i take what is said on here deadly serious and i get super serial then all i can say is lol. Most of the stuff said by posters on here is hyperbolic and knee jerk reaction stuff and it makes me laugh at how stupid it is.
Is there a difference between being ironically stupid and earnestly stupid? Yes. And you're on the worse side of that divide.

How would you know? This United squad haven't played in the Champions League yet.
There's a reason for that, you know.

To be fair to Poch we had too many players missing in the first leg, it was always going to be 442 with someone shoved onto the left. Maybe we could have used Lennon but Poch obviously doesn't give a single shit about him.

I would have gone Rose. I just felt Kane went LW too much which wasted his presence that is felt upfront.

Lennon surely has to go, Poch clearly doesn't see him in his plans. We need another winger though if he were to go.

It is very pleasing though to see the team using Kane so much and him demanding the ball, would love to see us bring in a striker who would compliment him.

Meier

This Pokken game looks like a blast.

ihcRYjc.gif

I haven't bought an actual fighting game in like 10 years but I might be tempted if they put it out on Wii U.

Clegg

Van Gaal did well with a Holland that didn't have much quality in it. They were compact, passed well and countered with speed. But other than the Spain and Australia games they weren't very adventurous and played some very safety first football whilst looking to Robben for inspiration. That's fine when you consider the overall average ness of the squad. But at United he's spent a lot of money to build the team and there's a fair amount of quality in it. But right now he has us playing like his Netherlands side minus the individual brilliance of Robben. Di Maria, I think, is a different sort of player. One who is more comfortable in a central area and from deeper.

LvG is a great manager. He has the record to prove it. Right now I've no idea what he's trying to do though. He doesn't trust the central defence but there comes a time when we actually have to win football matches and we still don't go for it like we should.

Yen

I hope your trip to the cinema was shit

I thought Ex Machina was very, very good. Well written (almost didactic, if you want to be cynical, though I have nothing against the concept in media or whatever), well-shot, great Mogwai-esque soundtrack. Oscar Isaac was very good, Inside Llewyn Davis was the only other film of his I've seen)

jts

...hate me...
L1NETT there was an article about Bradford (actually about Morais) in my portuguese newspaper today, color photo n everything.

GET IN

L1NETT

Morais is a portugese legend

deserves the column inches

told a good story in the T&A about how in the League Cup he was gonna come on for Chelsea......

but Robben came on instead. Unlucky Filipe

Lovely. I am gonna watch it on Synday!

Saw it at Cineworld, loved it...enjoy

Might go again this weekend

faridmon

I thought Ex Machina was very, very good. Well written (almost didactic, if you want to be cynical, though I have nothing against the concept in media or whatever), well-shot, great Mogwai-esque soundtrack. Oscar Isaac was very good, Inside Llewyn Davis was the only other film of his I've seen)

Lovely. I am gonna watch it on Synday!

wedward

Not released in the US until April. Ugh.

Now I know how you guys feel.

jesalr

Guys, help. I need something to watch for a few train journeys/flights.

Was looking for something in the area of Workaholics/The League/Sunny/maybe even Happy Endings.
Mindless, basically.

regards,
that other Spurs fan.

Scum

I would have gone Rose. I just felt Kane went LW too much which wasted his presence that is felt upfront.

Lennon surely has to go, Poch clearly doesn't see him in his plans. We need another winger though if he were to go.

It is very pleasing though to see the team using Kane so much and him demanding the ball, would love to see us bring in a striker who would compliment him.

Danny Ings.

faridmon

Was looking for something in the area of Workaholics/The League/Sunny/maybe even Happy Endings.
Mindless, basically.

regards,
that other Spurs fan.

Parks and recreation might be up to your ally.

I League any good btw? Its on Prime instant and I have been eyeing it for a while.

Yen

Mindless, basically.

regards,
that other Spurs fan.

Brooklyn Ninety-Nine is pretty good. Good cast to it, it's a bit like Parks and Rec, but
a dull-as-hell love subplot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom