• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT12| Old Man Looking For 17 year olds. Contact Arsene

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to see more of him.

But on the right wing.

He did well this time on the wing, but you can see that the wing hinders his play. He resorts to just dribbling and crossing from the wing and he sees less of the ball. If his dribbling fails him in a future game like it has in the past, his wide game completely fails because he doesn't have the freedom to go inside.

In the first half he saw much more of the ball and his touch in tight spaces created some good openings for the team. The problem was that the middle of the pitch was crowded. Blind and Valencia weren't offering quick runs for the central players to utilize that space out wide. Valencia could have been neutered by Fellaini's inability to offer any attacking threat, but it's not like he was great when Herrera came on either.

Think the first half would have been much better with proper fullbacks in Shaw and Rafael or maybe they wouldn't have mattered with Jones ruining every attack with his shit passing.

Clegg

Gotten to the stage where quite a few players seem to be killing their United careers.

Evans, Jones, Valencia and Fletcher should all be binned in the summer.

Esch

Banned
United could switch to playing in Serie A if you like, we could at least turn it in to a two team league. Although that will mean you'd have to watch Juventus finish second every year, sound good?
iXYFG3vNiYMk6.gif

wedward

But you were just shouting at someone for saying the minnows beat top clubs a lot of the time

Its okay baby have a lay down and relax

No, I was shouting because he was making silly excuses for why it happened.

Like, the "magic" of the FA cup. Saying form doesn't matter because these games are played in a vacuum.

doicare

Don't flatter yourself. Even Parma would pose a threat to this United.
As proved time and time again in the Champions league Italian teams aren't at the same level as the other top European leagues.
THE BANTER

THE WIT

I CANT

I'M BAILING OUt

HALP

YTcLa9t.gif
Why go? You haven't done what every other FootieGAF member does yet and post a gif that isn't funny along with generic memes of one liners that aren't original, oh wait....

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
doicare making fun of Serie A and Italian teams

he genuinely thinks we care :loooooooooooooooooool

Dude, we make fun of our team and the state of the league more than anyone here

we call it what we see it, unlike you. Your expensively assembled team was shit tonight, against a pub team.

kharma45

Gotten to the stage where quite a few players seem to be killing their United careers.

Evans, Jones, Valencia and Fletcher should all be binned in the summer.

Yep. All have to go along with Anderson, Smalling, Young, Lindegaard.

Gonna be another busy summer.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
What? We are still in all competitions....

....famous last words. Here comes an awful week for us now.

I don't really give a shit about the game tomorrow but the game at Bramall Lane is going to be a nightmare. Thank fuck they will have to come out rather than play crab-ball for 90 minutes. Hopefully Chadli will be back and Kane will be back up front on his own.

Clegg

I really don't think Van Gaal wants to play Di Maria further back. Played as more of a #10 but still didn't look great. That's down to him just as much as it is tactics though. He's a high quality player and should be performing better than he has in recent months. Maybe Januzaj and Di Maria should've switched positions or something.

Best

Do you have stats to back this up or did you just pull this out your ass to make yourself feel better about United being unable to score against a team made up of plumbers?

The only time I can remember a small team getting a proper pasting is whoever played West Brom this year. Please correct me if I'm wrong. They almost always end with the bigger club putting in an 'underwhelming' performance.

I really don't think Van Gaal wants to play Di Maria further back. Played as more of a #10 but still didn't look great. That's down to him just as much as it is tactics though. He's a high quality player and should be performing better than he has in recent months. Maybe Januzaj and Di Maria should've switched positions or something.

I did think Januzaj and Di Maria were getting in each other's way at times. I think both switched positions 15 minutes into the match. Gaal probably felt that Januzaj is better at keeping possession better in a deeper role.

Meier

Wedward was right.

Giroud would have finished all of Falcao's chances today.

Dunn made a beautiful save on that shot in the 60th minute or so where Falcao was sort of falling back after Carrick sent in the good ball. That was a great strike but a better save.

I don't really give a shit about the game tomorrow but the game at Bramall Lane is going to be a nightmare. Thank fuck they will have to come out rather than play crab-ball for 90 minutes. Hopefully Chadli will be back and Kane will be back up front on his own.

I dont to be fair but a home game that we should be winning. Dont want a replay. Lamela is back in squad tomorrow, I imagine he will get some minutes.

Yeah we need Eriksen central on Wednesday with Kane ahead and two wide players to stretch the game. None of this Kane or Eriksen drifting wide.

Yen

Yep. All have to go along with Anderson, Smalling, Young, Lindegaard.

Gonna be another busy summer.

Another season where the team plays shit while they try to gel, all the while Van Gaal makes tactical blunders, with the squad ravaged by injuries...all the while, the Battleship soars on...
CNB1W6d.png
Tq89y8T.png
Zh1RrNj.png
cHNjGdP.png
ifC9F8b25UMR1.png

Clegg

Van Gaal is blaming Chris Foy for something.

Weak. He needs to show us why he's a world renowned manager because right now we're playing shit football and have done so for months.

doicare

doicare making fun of Serie A and Italian teams

he genuinely thinks we care :loooooooooooooooooool

Dude, we make fun of our team and the state of the league more than anyone here

we call it what we see it, unlike you. Your expensively assembled team was shit tonight, against a pub team.
I wasn't being serious though.
This one goes out to everybody on FootieGAF, when i say something i still mean it but if people think i take what is said on here deadly serious and i get super serial then all i can say is lol. Most of the stuff said by posters on here is hyperbolic and knee jerk reaction stuff and it makes me laugh at how stupid it is.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I dont to be fair but a home game that we should be winning. Dont want a replay. Lamela is back in squad tomorrow, I imagine he will get some minutes.

Yeah we need Eriksen central on Wednesday with Kane ahead and two wide players to stretch the game. None of this Kane or Eriksen drifting wide.

To be fair to Poch we had too many players missing in the first leg, it was always going to be 442 with someone shoved onto the left. Maybe we could have used Lennon but Poch obviously doesn't give a single shit about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom