• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT12| Old Man Looking For 17 year olds. Contact Arsene

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
oh my god

B8OkAqsCQAA18gu.jpg

Go_Ly_Dow

This is the big thing, innit

Look how much we fucking rant and rave and moan

And he's getting paid to observe these players and get the best out of them

He clearly knows more than us

And yet we pretend otherwise

Let's just submit to Gaal.

I submit.

BELIEVE!

El Cid

Neo Member
Yeah true. I haven't checked the TV footage, not gonna either. So I can only speak for what I saw at the stadium. But I felt like Serero was the only one showing how we should be playing. I love that little guy. His technique is fine, his passing is usually on point and he's a warrior. But not the rudeless kind like Enoh. They should have been much fiercer in the duels today. More passion.

But we really miss people like Vertonghen and Alderweireld. Even though I screamed at them from time to time, we were lucky to have these two as our CB's if you look at what we have to deal with now. And I seriously don't get Frank's hard on for Boilesen. The guy can't pass a ball over three yards.

Trust me, forgetting all about this match is the best thing you could possibly do. My eyes were bleeding by the end of it. And yes, Serero was among the better ones (how little that may mean today) although you can't expect a 1,65m guy to boss the midfield. Felt Bazoer did decently as well, but our midfield is too lightweight IMO, even with Klaassen.

Completely agree with you with regards to Vertonghen and to a lesser degree Alderweireld, they knew how to build up play from behind. You can't outmaneuver the opponent if you CB's can't pass. But in general that is what annoys me about Frank, he's had 4 titles in a row and yet he has not managed to buy or develop the players we need to noticably improve our team. It feels as if we have been plateauing for a while and this season even regressing. I mean, VD Hoorn, Zimling, Sigthorsson, Viergever have no business playing here. And yet, I fear that once Frank leaves things will only go downhill.

This is the big thing, innit

Look how much we fucking rant and rave and moan

And he's getting paid to observe these players and get the best out of them

He clearly knows more than us

And yet we pretend otherwise

Let's just submit to Gaal.

I was exaggerating big time.

I just want to see Herrera get more playtime because I genuinely think he can help us penetrate defenses more in how we play currently.

Does it say Arsenal? Fucking Arsenal again. First Ronnie Biggs and Osama Bin Laden, then Piers Morgan and now Jihadi John. I bet Hitler liked Arsenal too.

chalobah has fuck all chance at Chelsea. Don't think Bamford has a chance either

Talented youngsters aren't meant to be pure back ups. Meant to be given a chance throughout the season, but with the mentality that in every position you need two 30 mil + players yeah they don't have much chance.

Oil clubs are not the environmenst to have Saints-like academies. Because in a place where you can just buy a ready made player for 40 mil why would Jose or Pellewhatever play the kids

FFP just means these club will use kids to fill quotas. As long as constantly buying 30 mil players on massive contracts is allowed to be a sustainble way of running a club, nothing will change. City/Chelsea will just buy. buy. buy

Im not really expecting Chalobah to make it, I think its a shame he wasn't the centre back he originally was iirc also the first team football thing is why we loan them out, particularly close ties to Boro and Vitesse as it gets them regular first team football in an environment that can be familiar with other team mates etc, I know its not completely ideal but its better than being somewhere else each season

Linius

Trust me, forgetting all about this match is the best thing you could possibly do. My eyes were bleeding by the end of it. And yes, Serero was among the better ones (how little that may mean today) although you can't expect a 1,65m guy to boss the midfield. Felt Bazoer did decently as well, but our midfield is too lightweight IMO, even with Klaassen.

Completely agree with you with regards to Vertonghen and to a lesser degree Alderweireld, they knew how to build up play from behind. You can't outmaneuver the opponent if you CB's can't pass. But in general that is what annoys me about Frank, he's had 4 titles in a row and yet he has not managed to buy or develop the players we need to noticably improve our team. It feels as if we have been plateauing for a while and this season even regressing. I mean, VD Hoorn, Zimling, Sigthorsson, Viergever have no business playing here. And yet, I fear that once Frank leaves things will only go downhill.

Yeah, that bunch of players you name there should never be in Ajax first team. And Bazoer did his job properly I think. I also found the subs pretty weird today. Having Viergever come on is one thing since Boilesen was pretty awful anways. But having Zimling come on instead of El Ghazi, I dunno man. And Kolbein for Milik also didn't do much other than breaking Milik's trust.

I think it wouldn't even be a bad thing to have a new manager next year. Letting Frank go with dignity on his own terms, after having won at least four titles. He'll leave the club as a hero. As long as we continue our philosophy with a new manager it could actually bring something positive to the table.

Clegg

I dunno about United anymore. Everything fell to pieces when Ferguson left which is funny because they had to have known he didn't have many years left in him.

Just gonna (try) enjoy the ride for the rest of the season. We already know that we'll spend another obscene amount in the summer regardless of where we finish in the league. Just depends on the overall quality of player we can attract.

Wilbur

Banned
I dunno about Unuted anymore.

Just gonna (try) enjoy the ride for the rest of the season. We already know that we'll spend another obscene amount in the summer regardless of where we finish in the league. Just depends on the overall quality of player we can attract.

I thought we'd be playing much better football than we are this season. Sigh.

Just watched 'Suspicion', I thought it was the same film that GQMan recommended yesterday, but I just checked and it wasn't :lol. I was waiting for that gif in the film and it never came lol.

Still, a good thriller. Ending is annoying tho.

Linius

I see Chloe Goodman got famous because of RTV. Sometimes that shit brings up interesting things. I love it how The Mirror can write a whole article about her day on the beach.

El Cid

Neo Member
Yeah, that bunch of players you name there should never be in Ajax first team. And Bazoer did his job properly I think. I also found the subs pretty weird today. Having Viergever come on is one thing since Boilesen was pretty awful anways. But having Zimling come on instead of El Ghazi, I dunno man. And Kolbein for Milik also didn't do much other than breaking Milik's trust.

I think it wouldn't even be a bad thing to have a new manager next year. Letting Frank go with dignity on his own terms, after having won at least four titles. He'll leave the club as a hero. As long as we continue our philosophy with a new manager it could actually bring something positive to the table.

Perhaps he figured that since Sigthorsson tends to score in the big matches he would score again today? Only explanation I have. And Zimling should not be sniffing the first team by this point.

Hope you're right with regards to Frank, although I don't see an obvious replacement right now. I think the most important thing is for the coach to break the mold the players seem to be forced into, it is as if they are discouraged from taking risks and being creative in order to safeguard the system (whatever said system might be). At least the A1 seems to have some interesting players for the coming years, provided some foreign clubs don't steal them.

L1NETT

Lawro bouremouth have some serious money behind them

stop acting like they are getting by on pennies and kit kats

tis shite

Linius

Perhaps he figured that since Sigthorsson tends to score in the big matches he would score again today? Only explanation I have. And Zimling should not be sniffing the first team by this point.

Hope you're right with regards to Frank, although I don't see an obvious replacement right now. I think the most important thing is for the coach to break the mold the players seem to be forced into, it is as if they are discouraged from taking risks and being creative in order to safeguard the system (whatever said system might be). At least the A1 seems to have some interesting players for the coming years, provided some foreign clubs don't steal them.

Yeah, I feel the same way. There's nothing exciting about our play. Even El Ghazi and Kishna are hardly allowed any creativity I get the feeling.

But indeed, lots of interesting players in the future. El Idrissi, El Azzouzi, Muric, Van de Beek, Nouri, Tete and Onana from the top of my mind already make a decent list. But shockingly little defenders.

The adjectives were flowing from the mouth of Jose Mourinho during the post-match press conference on Saturday but, in the privacy of the home dressing room at Stamford Bridge, the approach was rather different.

There was no shouting, no raised voice, no mention of being “embarrassed” or “ashamed”. There was no talk of the “disgrace” that Chelsea collectively felt. Instead there was simply silence.

Mourinho had individually congratulated the raucous Bradford City players on one of the FA Cup’s most remarkable upsets but he did not exchange so much as a word with any of his Chelsea players in the aftermath of defeat. Yesterday morning, though, was a very different story.

Mourinho was at his desk at the club’s Cobham training ground at 8am, the players subsequently reported for training and what followed is understood to have been a very full and frank debrief of a result that has sent genuine shockwaves through English football.

No Chelsea team managed by Mourinho had previously lost against lower league opposition. The Portuguese had even lost just once against Premier League opposition at Stamford Bridge.

To be beaten 4-2 from 2-0 up was also hitherto unheard of for a Mourinho team against any opponent, let alone a League One club who were some 49 places below them in the league pyramid.
There will be sweeping changes for the Capital One Cup semi-final second leg against Liverpool tomorrow night and, for those players who so flunked their chance to stake a claim for first-team football, a fairly blunt message from the manager.

“It is easy for you to understand now why I play almost every game with the same players,” Mourinho said, pointedly. “I don’t make many changes. I try to keep stability in the team. Maybe now you can understand a bit better why.”
Mourinho did make a point of absolving the teenage right-back Andreas Christensen of any blame but this was a damaging afternoon for the likes of Ramires, John Obi Mikel, Mohamed Salah, Kurt Zouma and Loïc Rémy.

“Christensen did his job very well and we didn’t lose because of him,” Mourinho said. “The other players are ones who have to be ready to play for Chelsea, they have to be ready to play any game. If they can’t play against a team from the Championship or League One or League Two, what do we do?”
Even Petr Cech and Didier Drogba – with eight FA Cup winners’ medals between them – were looking their years. Salah could well leave this month, initially on loan, and there is a serious question mark over the future of André Schürrle.

The explanation for Schürrle’s absence on Saturday – that the German had reported a small pain in his back on the morning of the game – hardly eased the impression that he is heading towards the Stamford Bridge exit. Chelsea are in talks to sign Douglas Costa from Shakhtar Donetsk after baulking at Fiorentina’s £26.2 million valuation for the winger Juan Cuadrado.
Mourinho remains publicly adamant that he is content with his squad but the evidence of Saturday is that there might not be sufficient quality in depth for the challenges that await Chelsea. They start with Liverpool tomorrow and then hosting Manchester City in the Premier League on Saturday.

“The players who were not involved directly in this game – Matic, Ivanovic, Diego Costa – I don’t think they can be affected by it,” Mourinho said. “I trust my squad, it is not because of this disappointment and this bad performance that I am going to change. We cannot now go to the market and spend money. I don’t think we are going to the market, unless someone makes a market with us.”

Cech said that it was now down to the players to “clean the mess up” but also urged some perspective. “It’s one of the biggest ever surprises in the FA Cup,” the goalkeeper said. “I’ve been here for more than 10 years and every year you can see these kinds of results in the FA Cup. Unfortunately for the first time I was on the wrong side of that.”

After Chelsea had surged into a 2-0 lead following goals by Gary Cahill and Ramires, the turning point was Jon Stead’s finish inside Cech’s near post. Filipe Morais’s equaliser then prompted Chelsea to surge forward in search of a winner, allowing space for Stead to brilliantly tee up Adam Halliday and Mark Yeates for their dramatic winning goals.
“We prepared in the same way we prepare for a Premier League match, the same power point, same analysis, the same information,” Mourinho insisted. “We respect them – at least I respect them – in the way we prepared. When they scored for 2-2, after that the game became crazy.”

And so were the players to blame? “I think we should share between us but if I am the boss, the boss has more responsibilities,” Mourinho said. The manager now has 24 hours to put things right.

dUlMFSY.png

Clegg

I thought we'd be playing much better football than we are this season. Sigh.
So did I tbh.

But there's still so much wrong with the side. There's still at least 8 players in the side who have no right being here. Some of the groundwork has been laid in terms of building a squad. Blind and Shaw will go on to be excellent purchases, I think. But there's still another £100m that needs to be spent before we actually challenge for the title. That may sound like bollocks to non United fans but we need at least one more midfielder, two central defenders and a striker. I wish there was a way to work with what we currently have, but that's ain't gonna happen. Too many bad players.

Christ, Ferguson really was a miracle worker.

El Cid

Neo Member
Perez didn't want Vidal; he wanted James.

Given Perez attention span, I'd be surprised if he won't have found a new player to tickle his fancy by the summer. That and I wouldn't underestimate Juve's ability to retain him, provided they show him enough ambition during negotiations. Don't expect him to leave prior to 2016.

El Cid

Neo Member
Yeah, I feel the same way. There's nothing exciting about our play. Even El Ghazi and Kishna are hardly allowed any creativity I get the feeling.

But indeed, lots of interesting players in the future. El Idrissi, El Azzouzi, Muric, Van de Beek, Nouri, Tete and Onana from the top of my mind already make a decent list. But shockingly little defenders.

Well, Tete is a RB, Riedewald a CB, Fosu-Mensah should have been another CB, hear good things about Mirani who plays there too. But yeah, it'll be a wait.

Linius

Well, Tete is a RB, Riedewald a CB, Fosu-Mensah should have been another CB, hear good things about Mirani who plays there too. But yeah, it'll be a wait.

Tete should be the most promising of the bunch. The times I've seen him play he was pretty good. Riedwald is doing alright. Don't know much about Fosu and Mirani to be honest. Hopefully some of these guys come trough.

Are radiohead a good music band? They remind me of linkin park from pictures

Stop trolling old man, go to kip

Im not quite sure why Kurt has been included in the list but not clearly out of form Cahill although perhaps its just how it was worded. Especially as Cahill's positioning dragged Azpili out of position for the equaliser iirc.

Pretty much as I said though, back-ups that dont offer us enough and we might as well ship them out although I still doubt we will do sufficient business before the end of the window :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom