• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT12| Old Man Looking For 17 year olds. Contact Arsene

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only saw Boyhood and the equalizer of new movies in 2014 I think. Wanted to see Whiplash but no one showed it around me I think, will just wait until it's out.

Edit :Oh yeah watched Gone Girl. Didn't like it much.

Fake edit edit: and The Grand Budapest Hotel was pretty decent too. Boyhood was the best of them though.

I haven't watched it because I hate Scarlett Johansson.

rFUSvh4.jpg

Linius

I liked it an awful lot more than Tree of Life, if that means anything to you.

I'll keep that in mind. I'm gonna watch it anyways before I drop my list.

I haven't watched it because I hate Scarlett Johansson.

You should watch Her. It only features her voice.

Boyhood really hit me. Incredibly easy to relate to as a male around the same age.

Yeah, I think everyone around our age will experience a much bigger emotional impact as opposed to other people. Maybe even the difference between rating it as something amazing vs just a good film.

Danchi

Under the Skin was the best film I saw last year. I think the only other I saw was Frank though...

Did anyone go to any of the the re-screenings of 2001?

K1LLER7

Atleti play the way I wish United could. Pace, aggression, and with players who look like they could give a fuck.

Also have a set of tactics which the players obviously believe in and have bought into. Same can't be said for us.
Gaal wants us to play like Barca/Bayern.

At the moment we are faaar off that goal.

Fintan

Do you honestly expect us to add 4/5/6 youth players to the squad in one season and then have to rely on them? Thats just never going to be the reality of a team like ours, especially as the talented youngsters coming through: Boga, Christensen, Loftus-Cheek, Solanke, Brown and others are all 17/18 atm with a couple of them a bit older - Bamford 21~, Ake 20~

Theres nothing ridiculous about what I've written, despite having a decent number of players in our first team, its clearly Jose trusts very few of them, in which case they're worthless to us and just using up squad spaces and wages that could be used on other players, Schurrle and Salah can barely get on the bench let alone start for example.

Realistically, we will add one or two to the squad in a season whilst others get loaned up to train up and get match practise, its a shame that some of our lads that got good loans didn't get played, particularly Chalobah and Kalas but hopefully they will get the chance to kick on now.

The other thing is, we have to meet Uefa requirements for players trained in the country, 4 at the club below 21 and 8 trained in England, I think, I'm not 100% sure how our squad splits up but once JT retires we will be very left short in this area but as it stands right now its not a huge problem.
We will replace Cech this summer with an English keeper, perhaps we will go back for John Ruddy or Jack Butland who we both tried to sign before or find another keeper but I'm content with how things are shaping up at the moment, as I said, you're being unrealistic if you just expect a whole load of youngsters to get thrown into the first team.
Yeah, these are all good points. Hopefully we see the slightly older lads like Ake, Bamford, and Chalobah get into the squad soon

I guess I sort of expected Jose to have his squad how he wanted it by now. We've made huge progress in terms of our strikers, but we still lack depth in some key positions and, as you say, a few players who are just going nowhere in our squad.

It will be interesting to see how things pan out in the next couple of windows. Maybe once this squad wins some trophies, Jose will feel more comfortable bringing in a couple of the young lads a bit more regularly.

You're getting far too hung over up on the phrase "youth revolution". We (intend to) play enough games in a season to have the space for a big squad capable of bringing through a couple/few youngsters and have proven players for rotation in it, I'm not really concerned about the logistics of the squad

Haha, yeah, I just used it as a semi-jokey phrase.

Wilbur

Banned
I'll keep that in mind. I'm gonna watch it anyways before I drop my list.

Yeah, I think everyone around our age will experience a much bigger emotional impact as opposed to other people. Maybe even the difference between rating it as something amazing vs just a good film.

I think parents would really relate to it as well. That Arquette speech at the end killed me.

Under the Skin was the best film I saw last year. I think the only other I saw was Frank though...

Did anyone go to see the re-screenings of 2001?

Dean did. What a time.

faridmon

Her grating voice would enough for me consider cutting myself up.

No thanks!

I wish Hollywood would stop employ her and Johnny Depp, so many interesting movies (in theory) have missed because those two wastage of human beings.

Linius

I think parents would really relate to it as well. That Arquette speech at the end killed me.

Yeah, that too.

Her grating voice would enough for me consider cutting myself up.

No thanks!

I wish Hollywood would stop employ her and Johnny Depp, so many interesting movies (in theory) have missed because those two wastage of human beings.

Well you're missing out on Her and Lost in Translation for sure. Also The Prestige.

scabro

Simeone's Atleti is the first team to get me to care about La Liga in 15 years. If they're thugs, they're loveable thugs.

they're cunty, its undeniable. Especially with Mandzukic. God hes a cunt. But hes funny.

What Simeone and Atletico have done is truly remarkable though. Its like they woke up from the the la liga matrix, and became the ones. all the ones. You need that attitude.

Danchi

Dean did. What a time.

Saw it in Bradford and the sound seemed kinda bad (at least in the first half before the intermission). I'm not even close to being well versed on Strauss, but it seemed kinda harsh and like the speakers couldn't keep up with it. Maybe Linett can say if that's normal for the Picturehouse?

It was cool to see the space scenes on a big screen though obv.

faridmon

Well you're missing out on Her and Lost in Translation for sure. Also The Prestige.

The Prestige is the only one I am kind of interested in.
Then I remember her, and then I become happy to avoid her face.

I didn't understand boyhood too well.

I may need to watch it again

I think you need to be younger than 76 year old to enjoy it FF.
Sorry.

Are you The One?

Is that a movie or am I asked that question?

bud

i'm seeing whiplash and blackhat this week

top films of 2014... hmm this is hard

i'd put grand budapest hotel and birdman on that list but i saw the latter only a day ago and i really need to let it sink in for a bit

gone girl was very good but it didn't feel like best of the year material, same goes for boyhood

i quite liked enemy

under the skin was decent

i honestly haven't seen enough to even make a top three

worst movie of the year award goes to don jon

Lightning

Banned
I always thought your intense bitterness was because they beat you the league cup lolol.

I don't see an issue with 3Sixty's posts, seems reasonable to me considering they did pretty well last season, then a ton of players jumped ship to find "greater heights", more money etc and Southampton are currently pretty much matching them all so far this season if not doing much better than them.
What Southampton is achieving is brilliant. He has every right to be excited and overjoyed at how that team is progressing.

I am not angry at Southampton because of their position on the table. My posts about them would be the same if they were 5th from bottom. I was very disappointed that we lost the league cup match but afterwards moved on. It was the constant slagging ex players (Chambers, Lovern, Lallana earlier in the season etc) that I was more reacting to that. It's not that 3sixty was wrong, I just reacted to his posts.

As for today's discussion. I gave my honest view on Atletico. I never insulted Prinny or any Atletico fan, all I said was I didn't like or support their style of play and hoped they failed. If we resort to personally insulting users over opinions on teams then it is rather low, isn't it? I only responded to Wilbur because he called me a loser first, I never insulted anyone in my posts before that.

Yeah, these are all good points. Hopefully we see the slightly older lads like Ake, Bamford, and Chalobah get into the squad soon

I guess I sort of expected Jose to have his squad how he wanted it by now. We've made huge progress in terms of our strikers, but we still lack depth in some key positions and, as you say, a few players who are just going nowhere in our squad.

It will be interesting to see how things pan out in the next couple of windows. Maybe once this squad wins some trophies, Jose will feel more comfortable bringing in a couple of the young lads a bit more regularly.

The other thing is, players obviously get older - Matic is 26 and Cesc is 27, 5 year contracts by the time that ends they'll be 31/32 and Loftus-Cheek et al will be 22/23...
They won't all make it with us obviously but there are spaces up for grabs and chances in the team available over the long-term. The idea of having Ake, Loftus-Cheek and/or Chalobah at this stage as the only back-up to Cesc and Matic is just a nonsensical idea to be quite honest, we have U21 and U18 squads for a reason.

Atleti play the way I wish United could. Pace, aggression, and with players who look like they could give a fuck.

Also have a set of tactics which the players obviously believe in and have bought into. Same can't be said for us.

Gaal wants us to play like Barca/Bayern.

At the moment we are faaar off that goal.

Should the tactics be tailored towards the team or should the team be tailored towards the tactics?

Wilbur

Banned
Imagine liking Joseph Gordon Levitt but not Scarlett Johansson

And i didn't really like tree of life either

What Southampton is achieving is brilliant. He has every right to be excited and overjoyed at how that team is progressing.

I am not angry at Southampton because of their position on the table. My posts about them would be the same if they were 5th from bottom. I was very disappointed that we lost the league cup match but afterwards moved on. It was the constant slagging ex players (Chambers, Lovern, Lallana earlier in the season etc) that I was more reacting to that. It's not that 3sixty was wrong, I just reacted to his posts.

As for today's discussion. I gave my honest view on Atletico. I never insulted Prinny or any Atletico fan, all I said was I didn't like or support their style of play and hoped they failed. If we resort to personally insulting users over opinions on teams then it is rather low, isn't it? I only responded to Wilbur because he called me a loser first, I never insulted anyone in my posts before that.

Imagine getting offended by the word loser. That behaviour is representative of losers.

Lightning, pls.

L1NETT

Saw it in Bradford and the sound seemed kinda bad (at least in the first half before the intermission). I'm not even close to being well versed on Strauss, but it seemed kinda harsh and like the speakers couldn't keep up with it. Maybe Linett can say if that's normal for the Picturehouse?

It was cool to see the space scenes on a big screen though obv.

The one at the NMM?

never had any major issues with it

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Bud I'm pretty sure American Sniper will be your worst movie of the year

I absolutely loved Whiplash, and it's coming from someone who absolutely fucking hates any movie about 'music'

Birdman was a BLAST! I've had waaaaaaaay too much fun watching it

nothing will come close to TGBH to me though, it fucking had EVERYTHING

No idea how the two are same.
they aren't, I just wanted to wind you up for constantly trying to wind up Liverpool GAF

Linius

How shit were we today

I can't

The players should just collectively retire etc.

Shit happens, gotta deal with it. I think if we'd had a proper defence the world would have looked very different. They don't just influence what happens in the back. Being able to play forward from the backline changes our whole game. But with the likes of Moisander, Boilesen and Van der Hoorn that's not happening. Says a lot that Van Rhijn is the best of them.

wedward

Imagine liking Joseph Gordon Levitt but not Scarlett Johansson

And i didn't really like tree of life either

Imagine getting offended by the word loser. That behaviour is representative of losers.

Lightning, pls.

Leave lightning alone before I report you.

Loser.

Fintan

The other thing is, players obviously get older - Matic is 26 and Cesc is 27, 5 year contracts by the time that ends they'll be 31/32 and Loftus-Cheek et al will be 22/23...
They won't all make it with us obviously but there are spaces up for grabs and chances in the team available over the long-term. The idea of having Ake, Loftus-Cheek and/or Chalobah at this stage as the only back-up to Cesc and Matic is just a nonsensical idea to be quite honest, we have U21 and U18 squads for a reason.
Do you think Cabaye would be a good option as a Cesc back-up? I remember reading that he wasn't happy in Paris and he'd bring creativity.

faridmon

please see the light farid
http://zntent.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/scarlett-johansson-face-photo.-o21.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Look how scare that facial structure is. It looks like it could swallow me as a whole If i get closer to it.

No wonder she starred Under the Skin. She might as well be an alien as this point.

Danchi

The one at the NMM?

never had any major issues with it

Yeah, that's the one. Most films don't have the same kinda booming scores so it's probs not something you'd notice.

It's very possible I just don't know it's supposed to sound though... :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom