• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT12| Old Man Looking For 17 year olds. Contact Arsene

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabojnik

I like you, El Cid. Welcome, who do you support?

Perez plans to resell him that quickly, you think?

post-28035-youre-very-good-you-you-unders-HcoL.gif

Perez didn't want Vidal; he wanted James.

He could've bought both, if he really wanted.

Anyway, I don't think Pogba is in a hurry to leave. Money can change everything, of course, so it would surprise me if we sold him for a very hefty amount in the summer. But if we play our cards right - maybe throw some more money his way, strenghten our squad - I don't think it will be that hard to convince him. He's 21, he'll get his chances at winning EVERYTHING in a few years.

jts

...hate me...
Pogba will win the Champions League with Juve this season. If Juve make it past the quarter-finals I'll be on board (granted Porto are out). And then there's no stopping this train. OH BB.

Zabojnik

Pogba will win the Champions League with Juve this season. If Juve make it past the quarter-finals I'll be on board (granted Porto are out). And then there's no stopping this train. OH BB.

I've seen fans of certain EPL clubs talk this way. I didn't say anything, because why crush their impossible dreams and hopes. I have no such reservations here, so I'll just post this ...

laughing-puppets-o.gif

We won't get past Dortmund, Milch will have his revenge (again?).

pulga

Banned
Imagine trying to fit Pogba into Madrid's midfield. Who do you bench?

Consider that the starting lineup is usually Isco/James - Kroos - Modric.

I...I can't bench anyone. Florentino, keep it in your fucking pants!

K1LLER7

So did I tbh.

But there's still so much wrong with the side. There's still at least 8 players in the side who have no right being here. Some of the groundwork has been laid in terms of building a squad. Blind and Shaw will go on to be excellent purchases, I think. But there's still another £100m that needs to be spent before we actually challenge for the title. That may sound like bollocks to non United fans but we need at least one more midfielder, two central defenders and a striker. I wish there was a way to work with what we currently have, but that's ain't gonna happen. Too many bad players.

Christ, Ferguson really was a miracle worker.
Makes you realise how good Fergie was.

The GOAT.

He would have this team challenging for the title.

K1LLER7

He's better than Isco, James and Kroos imo.

Modric would be the only guaranteed starter for me.

jts

...hate me...
City, Porto, Borussia or Juve are the only teams whom I want to win the UCL this season.

Shut up and let me dream god damn it.

He could've bought both, if he really wanted.

Anyway, I don't think Pogba is in a hurry to leave. Money can change everything, of course, so it would surprise me if we sold him for a very hefty amount in the summer. But if we play our cards right - maybe throw some more money his way, strenghten our squad - I don't think it will be that hard to convince him. He's 21, he'll get his chances at winning EVERYTHING in a few years.
You're absolutely correct, Perez could've had both; and the only reason Vidal isn't walking abysses in Iberia is that Perez never had an intention to bring him there.

I think the primary reason, aside from money, for Pogba to leave is Serie A itself. There really isn't a good reason for a player of his calibre to remain here. It's clear that he's so far above the quality of this league that it's practically an insult to play him here.

I was just thinking this. Not like it matters to you guys though. If you guys go after him, players don't give a fuck.

markao

Tete should be the most promising of the bunch. The times I've seen him play he was pretty good. Riedwald is doing alright. Don't know much about Fosu and Mirani to be honest. Hopefully some of these guys come trough.
Fosu-Mensah: that's because he ain't at Ajax any more ;)

oh and worst Ajax performance in a home game against your rival for a couple of decades. Frank needs to jump the sinking ship (probably means 5 in a row :p )

Pogba is coming home this summer. Verratti, Pogba, and Matuidi midfield is going to be beautiful.

I can accept Pogba going to Madrid because let's face it, players feel like they have to go to Madrid to validate themselves because the team is made up of superstars. PSG? Another PL club? Fuck that.

United can offer more money to Juve than every club because ffp doesn't mean shit to United with all of the money United makes. The only one standing in the way of United is Real Madrid, which is a huge wall like I said before. If they want him, it's done.

Are radiohead a good music band? They remind me of linkin park from pictures

There is a reason why love you FF

You are absolutely right, they are!

ibc8Obv2FkwD6k.gif

El Cid

Neo Member
oh and worst Ajax performance in a home game against your rival for a couple of decades. Frank needs to jump the sinking ship (probably means 5 in a row :p )

How the great Man United have fallen, seducing children with all sorts of tales knowing that none of them will ever make it to the first team.

Dreadful.

With United's defence, he might actually make it to the first team by next season

Linius

Fosu-Mensah is getting good reports from United's coaches iirc.

They're pretty happy with his progress.

He better pray Louis is still there when his time comes. He's one of the few managers in top flight football that would actually use a young player. So far none of the young Dutch players who went to the epl made it.

Now I remember him. I was pretty mad at the time. He moved right before Blind. We'll see him back at Dordrecht in a couple of years.

I have been really impressed with Fosu Mensah. He's done well in all of his matches, except for his latest one. A cb that can play in midfield due to his good technique and passing ability is great. I'm not going to get carried away though. I haven't seen enough of him to truly get hyped over him.

By the end of his career, he will have been one of the elite few to wear the jersey of the best two teams in the world. What a guy <3

jbp5aykCbrNFKf_e.jpg

jtkvxWYwAcEkS_e.jpg

Always United, always together. Forza Junited.

ibqMDKpqGy1XAb.gif

markao

He better pray Louis is still there when his time comes. He's one of the few managers in top flight football that would actually use a young player. So far none of the young Dutch players who went to the epl made it.
Only Ake, also the most talented (maybe with Depay/Willems) of the double winning EC title group, has not failed (yet). Do understand the pull those big teams have, but for developing at that age, playing matches week in week out is so much better.

Yen

I think the primary reason, aside from money, for Pogba to leave is Serie A itself. There really isn't a good reason for a player of his calibre to remain here. It's clear that he's so far above the quality of this league that it's practically an insult to play him here.

A move to La Liga isn't going to be much different.

Linius

Only Ake, also the most talented (maybe with Depay) of the double winning EC title group, has not failed (yet). Do understand the pull those big teams have, but for developing at that age, playing matches week in week out is so much better.

Ake might have a chance to make it at Chelsea. At least he's still there. Rekik, Bruma and Van Aanholt won't make the cut. And there's a whole bunch of kids that went to Chelsea, Arsenal, United and City at the age of 15/16 who won't make it. There was an article summarising all the youngsters who went there some time last year. Quite a shocker.

markao

Ake might have a chance to make it at Chelsea. At least he's still there. Rekik, Bruma and Van Aanholt won't make the cut. And there's a whole bunch of kids that went to Chelsea, Arsenal, United and City at the age of 15/16 who won't make it. There was an article summarising all the youngsters who went there some time last year. Quite a shocker.
Few years ago a talented 11 year old kid from my region(North) went to La Masia, because the Barca scouts had not seen a kid dribble with a ball at that age since Messi. How are you going to tell an 11 year old that he should not go (I know parents), but it is one the things killing football (hoarding of youth by big clubs).

El Cid

Neo Member

http://www.tussendelinies.nl/nederlandse-talenten-redden-het-niet-in-het-buitenland

SPELER VAN NAAR JAAR HUIDIGE CLUB GESLAAGD?
Arsenio Halfhuid Excelsior Aston Villa 2009 Haaglandia Nee
Christian Gandu FC Utrecht Borussia Dortmund 2008 USV Elinkwijk. Nee
Danny Hoesen Fortuna Sittard Fulham 2009 Ajax Nee
Frank Wiafe Danquah Ajax Newcastle United 2006 Bra&#537;ov Nee
Gyliano van Velzen Ajax Manchester United 2010 Antwerp FC. Nee
Jeffrey Bruma Feyenoord Chelsea 2007 PSV Nee
Jordy Brouwer Ajax Liverpool 2007 HBS-Craeyenhout Nee
Karim Rekik Feyenoord Manchester City 2011 PSV Twijfel
Kyle Ebecilio Feyenoord Arsenal 2010 FC Twente Nee
Nacer Barazite NEC Arsenal 2006 AS Monaco Nee
Nadir Ciftci ADO Den Haag Portsmouth FC 2008 NAC Breda Nee
Nathan Aké Feyenoord Chelsea 2011 Chelsea Twijfel
Oguzhan Özyakup AZ Arsenal 2008 Besiktas Twijfel
Ouasim Bouy Ajax Juventus 2012 Juventus Nee
Patrick van Aanholt PSV Chelsea 2007 Vitesse Nee
Rajiv van La Parra Feyenoord SM Caen 2008 sc Heerenveen Nee
Tim Krul ADO Den Haag Newcastle United 2005 Newcastle United Ja
Vincent van den Berg SC Heerenveen Arsenal 2006 Excelsior Maassluis Nee
Vincent Weijl AZ Liverpool 2008 Clubloos Nee
William Troost Ekong Overbos Tottenham Hotspur 2010 FC Groningen Nee

Damn you Bosman.

Linius

Few years ago a talented 11 year old kid from my region(North) went to La Masia, because the Barca scouts had not seen a kid dribble with a ball at that age since Messi. How are you going to tell an 11 year old that he should not go (I know parents), but it is one the things killing football (hoarding of youth by big clubs).

I remember the kid you're talking about. Was all over the news. 11 year olds is a special category of course. But most of them are at least 16. I would expect some common sense at that age. It's funny btw. There was this kid at Ajax who went to Madrid last year. He plays the same position as Odegaard. They're the same age too. How unfortunate. We lost him to Madrid, Fosu to United and Dilrosun to City. All in one summer.

http://www.tussendelinies.nl/nederlandse-talenten-redden-het-niet-in-het-buitenland

Here's the article btw. It's from 2013.

EDIT

Lol El Cid, I'm too slow on my phone :p

El Cid

Neo Member

Yes, I'd say there are less talented players on average than there were ca. 20 years ago and I feel the fact that many talents wilt away somewhere in the margins of the big teams is a big contributing factor.

Linius

can't stand Radiohead.

Thom Yorke is a twat.

But you like Oasis. A band that exists entirely of twats.

Yes, I'd say there are less talented players on average than there were ca. 20 years ago and I feel the fact that many talents wilt away somewhere in the margins of the big teams is a big contributing factor.

This certainly affects our national team. Much fewer talents reach their potential. Just look at Bouy. He normally would have been a starter for us now. Who knows what could have been.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom