• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT12| Old Man Looking For 17 year olds. Contact Arsene

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

Gaal wants us to play like Barca/Bayern.

At the moment we are faaar off that goal.
Not only are we far off that goal, I think we're trying to play a way which doesn't really suit the league we're in. Controlling and probing with the ball is an admirable goal and one which would work in other leagues, but in the PL where the standard of defending is pretty poor, it makes sense to be more direct in your play. Three quarters of opposition teams in England shit it when you run at them and play with speed.

Yet, having said that, these tactics we're currently struggling with would probably work if we could only move the ball faster. We simply don't have the ball players in defence to do that. And only Carrick really seems trusted to do it in midfield. Everything United does is so laboured. It clicks the odd time like the Spurs game for instance. But mostly we play at half speed.

pulga

Banned
Please stop calling each other losers, think of all the losers you're offending
C9fWJ1P.png

Linius

A lot of interesting films came out last year,

I don't get why OT creams itself over Interstellar though

it was good, not GREAT

Yeah, really enjoyed it for Matthew's performance and the visual aspects. And that soundtrack of course. Solid 8/10, but not MOTY material for me.

scabro

Look how scare that facial structure is. It looks like it could swallow me as a whole If i get closer to it.

No wonder she starred Under the Skin. She might as well be an alien as this point.

shes had alot of work done on her face, but almost every bit has pretty much improved her. its pretty remarkable.

shes great

Not only are we far off that goal, I think we're trying to play a way which doesn't really suit the league we're in. Controlling and probing with the ball is an admirable goal and one which would work in other leagues, but in the PL where the standard of defending is pretty poor, it makes sense to be more direct in your play. Three quarters of opposition teams in England shit it when you run at them and play with speed.

Yet, having said that, these tactics we're currently struggling with would probably work if we could only move the ball faster. We simply don't have the ball players in defence to do that. And only Carrick really seems trusted to do it in midfield. Everything United does is so laboured. It clicks the odd time like the Spurs game for instance. But mostly we play at half speed.

Here's my big issue currently.

Herrera is the player that needs to be in midfield for how Gaal wants us to play. He looks for the quick 1-2s, runs into space, runs off the ball. But he doesn't even start. So then I am lost.

Do you think Cabaye would be a good option as a Cesc back-up? I remember reading that he wasn't happy in Paris and he'd bring creativity.

He could be, for the right price,. I always thought Sissoko was more a tackler/runner with the ball and can also shoot pretty well? Which would be similar enough to Matic really and why I was excited that we got linked with him

L1NETT

The idea of having Ake, Loftus-Cheek and/or Chalobah at this stage as the only back-up to Cesc and Matic is just a nonsensical idea to be quite honest, we have U21 and U18 squads for a reason.

chalobah has fuck all chance at Chelsea. Don't think Bamford has a chance either

Talented youngsters aren't meant to be pure back ups. Meant to be given a chance throughout the season, but with the mentality that in every position you need two 30 mil + players yeah they don't have much chance.

Oil clubs are not the environmenst to have Saints-like academies. Because in a place where you can just buy a ready made player for 40 mil why would Jose or Pellewhatever play the kids

FFP just means these club will use kids to fill quotas. As long as constantly buying 30 mil players on massive contracts is allowed to be a sustainble way of running a club, nothing will change. City/Chelsea will just buy. buy. buy

faridmon

There's a chance I put GotG in mine

I remember you liking it alot.

But lets be honest, its because of the IMax viewing that made it.

shes had alot of work done on her face, but almost every bit has pretty much improved her. its pretty remarkable.

shes great

Never mind me. Its just an irrational hate from my part.
Just like I hate Radiohead.

NOthing more to it.

El Cid

Neo Member
Shit happens, gotta deal with it. I think if we'd had a proper defence the world would have looked very different. They don't just influence what happens in the back. Being able to play forward from the backline changes our whole game. But with the likes of Moisander, Boilesen and Van der Hoorn that's not happening. Says a lot that Van Rhijn is the best of them.

Not to say that I don't agree with you, but the most poignant thing to me today was that whenever there was a 1-on-1 duel for some deflected ball, Feyenoord would get, if not at first then immediately afterwards. And it's not as if their players are that much stronger physically, it seemed more of a mental issue to me. Of course, skipping the midfield when building up and adamantly refusing to play one-touch football might have played a role too. We'll seriously need to get rid of half the players at this point.

Clegg

Here's my big issue currently.

Herrera is the player that needs to be in midfield for how Gaal wants us to play. He looks for the quick 1-2s, runs into space, runs off the ball. But he doesn't even start. So then I am lost.
Herrera probably isn't rated by someone in the coaching set up if he's not trusted to start . He also gives the ball away a lot. Hardly conducive to the way Van Gaal wants us to play.

Linius

I remember you liking it alot.

But lets be honest, its because of the IMax viewing that made it.

That surely helped. But I also thought it was just very funny troughout. The characters were pretty likable. Only downside was that the villain was just boring and flat. But I had so much fun watching it. I can't ignore that.

it was never there, I was just taking the piss outta your hilarious muppeting

I still can't believe you started a thread about him on reddit :lol

lol after a certain point I was just having fun with it.

Also my reddit thread was something about how bad we were at this.

pulga

Banned
I had the same fear yurt did. When I saw it was a movie about some drummer, I was like "eh? How good can this shit be?"

It's really fucking good.
jBX8nGI.png

Milles Teller reminds me of Wilbur.

scabro

im watching firefly, anyone here seen it?

its alright so far, not greatest show ever like ive seen some people say. im like 4 episodes in so maybe it gets better. morena baccarin is pretty.

faridmon

That surely helped. But I also thought it was just very funny troughout. The characters were pretty likable. Only downside was that the villain was just boring and flat. But I had so much fun watching it. I can't ignore that.

I am not criticising you or anything, \i though it was fun and Imax viewing made it a lot more fun, but I though the writing was too simplistic. But like I said, I am not big on Comic Book adaptation.

Herrera probably isn't rated by someone in the coaching set up if he's not trusted to start . He also gives the ball away a lot. Hardly conducive to the way Van Gaal wants us to play.

He has never had a run of games for proper judgement. But from the limited playtime he gets, he is better fit in that midfield compared to Rooney or Fellani. And I think giving ball away was an issue in games where Herrera didn't feature.

We have too much possession that does nothing. Herrera would be best suited change currently to allow us to do something with all the possesion.

wedward

He has never had a run of games for proper judgement. But from the limited playtime he gets, he is better fit in that midfield compared to Rooney or Fellani. And I think giving ball away was an issue in games where Herrera didn't feature.

We have too much possession that does nothing. Herrera would be best suited change currently to allow us to do something with all the possesion.

They watch him everyday in training. Probably gives it away a lot on training as well.

bud

this scene in the tree of life is among the most beautiful scenes that's ever been captured on film.

XkCf7v8.png

it's time to for a rewatch one of these days.

Bold One

its alright so far, not greatest show ever like ive seen some people say. im like 4 episodes in so maybe it gets better. morena baccarin is pretty.

in terms of 13 years ago when it came out, it was the best show ever, it still holds up pretty well.

Linius

Not to say that I don't agree with you, but the most poignant thing to me today was that whenever there was a 1-on-1 duel for some deflected ball, Feyenoord would get, if not at first then immediately afterwards. And it's not as if their players are that much stronger physically, it seemed more of a mental issue to me. Of course, skipping the midfield when building up and adamantly refusing to play one-touch football might have played a role too. We'll seriously need to get rid of half the players at this point.

Yeah true. I haven't checked the TV footage, not gonna either. So I can only speak for what I saw at the stadium. But I felt like Serero was the only one showing how we should be playing. I love that little guy. His technique is fine, his passing is usually on point and he's a warrior. But not the rudeless kind like Enoh. They should have been much fiercer in the duels today. More passion.

But we really miss people like Vertonghen and Alderweireld. Even though I screamed at them from time to time, we were lucky to have these two as our CB's if you look at what we have to deal with now. And I seriously don't get Frank's hard on for Boilesen. The guy can't pass a ball over three yards.

Wilbur

Banned
I had the same fear yurt did. When I saw it was a movie about some drummer, I was like "eh? How good can this shit be?"

It's really fucking good.
jBX8nGI.png

Milles Teller reminds me of Wilbur.

I thought that too when I saw him in That Awkward Moment. Purely because he's a chubby faced non-good looking guy who still crushes mad amounts of pussy
CNB1W6d.png

My only complaint is it didn't have an aggresive sex scene set to a jazz drum solo.

His gf was cute.

Yeah, she was. I loved that little scene in the pizza place. So reminiscent of all my first dates :lol

Is it better than the nightman cometh?

The sunny in philly musical.

Goat episode

Is anything better than The Nightman Cometh?

I saw Into The Woods the other day and Johnny Depp is exactly like Mac as the Nightman. It's amazing.

Linius

I am not criticising you or anything, \i though it was fun and Imax viewing made it a lot more fun, but I though the writing was too simplistic. But like I said, I am not big on Comic Book adaptation.

I can't deny that, it is. Every now and then such a movie just clicks I guess. Together with Iron Man the only Marvel films I really liked actually. Not big on Marvel flicks either normally.

Out of Gas might be one of the best episodes to have ever aired on TV. It's episode 9 iirc, you'll get there.

Wilbur

Banned
This is the big thing, innit

Look how much we fucking rant and rave and moan

And he's getting paid to observe these players and get the best out of them

He clearly knows more than us

And yet we pretend otherwise

Let's just submit to Gaal.

wedward

This is the big thing, innit

Look how much we fucking rant and rave and moan

And he's getting paid to observe these players and get the best out of them

He clearly knows more than us

And yet we pretend otherwise

Let's just submit to Gaal.

Sometimes I think about what it would be like to see Shanks and Wenger talk about Arsenal.

If you think of him as a Cesc back-up, I can imagine him getting plenty of playing time given the number of games we have and Cesc has played nearly every game so far. But yeah, I'd say he's looking to be a starter.

You could potentially play all 3 of Matic, Cabaye and Cesc in the 4231. Matic-Cabaye, Cesc as 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom