• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT12| Old Man Looking For 17 year olds. Contact Arsene

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carver going to named manager.

Neutrals should put something on us getting relegated.

SBUMYz9.jpg

When scrolling through the images at the top, having multiple ways of transitioning from one image to another reminds me of children using powerpoint at school. It makes it seem amateur. Use one effect and stick with it.

Also the url seems to be in some sort of made up language.

Don't have animations for header rotating banners

Have the images at bottom just appear in place, no fly in or whatever it does.

SERVE SCALED IMAGES

Defer parsing of JavaScript

Install Chrome Page Speed Insight addon for the above info. Must do.

Thanks guys, I think I agree with you both WRT images and animation. It may be a little too much given it's a restaurant.
I like it overall but the animations make it come off as a bit student project-y. I'd go with a slide for the header and ditch the fly in. Other than that, I think it looks good.

I agree, thanks.

inky

I like it overall but the animations make it come off as a bit student project-y. I'd go with a slide for the header and ditch the fly in. Other than that, I think it looks good.

I agree. Ditch the extra transitions and just use one, preferably the simple drag/slide.

Looking pretty good.

L1NETT

L1NETT is pretty comprehensible to me. but I read Redwall when I was a child.

tried to read them when i was younger

every fucker started with some right feast then I snoozed off. Managed to get through a couple mind.

amount of times i've read about badgers having cakes bloomin eck.

Ashley has had a pretty good life right? Much better than most? You could say he's lived more in his relitavely short time than most of us will live in our full lives?

I shouldn't feel bad if I wished his private jet crashes right?

Facism

Absolutely. Games that have an initial play through of like 8-12 hours but can then be beat in like a quarter of that because you know where to go and what to do are my favourite. A lot of my favourite games are structured like this (the original Resi formula, MGS1, Shenmue)

I do enjoy the occasional romp through a totally linear game but I do wish there were more games that relied on exploration. And not massive open-world games where you randomly stumble upon things, but smaller areas where everything is placed in such a way that it feels tightly designed without holding your hand.

Getting a new key in Resident Evil games and looking around to see which doors it opens was oddly addictive and satisfying. That style of game has just disappeared.

indeed. We're left with shitcunt open-world nonsense filled with busywork and inconsequential bollocks because of a "CONTENT CONTENT CONTENT TV TV...." cuntish design philosophy that i always found patronises the customer.

When i was a young lad i used to have the best-case routes committed to memory when it came to RE1 and RE2. Bringing a completion time down from 6+ hours to 1:34 was like BLAAAT BLUDCLAAAT SKUNK AN WEED.

I wish The Evil Within was structured more like a traditional Resident Evil game rather than Resident Evil onwards.

Esch

Banned
tried to read them when i was younger

every fucker started with some right feast then I snoozed off. Managed to get through a couple mind.

amount of times i've read about badgers having cakes bloomin eck.
Bahaha

They're for 6-8 year olds. I only liked the first couple but they were a decent gateway into other stuff.

Wait, so you've played the most passes between centrebacks, and the second-most long balls?

That's not a philosophy, its the Dark Ages.

When I continually whinge about our worst players (CBs) spending the most time with the ball I don't do it for the sheer fucking fun of it.

They're beyond inept at using the ball. Completely and utterly. But it's not all their fault, playing Fellaini instead of Herrera means he receives a pass from them and then passes it right back to them. Ending in passing triangle between two CBs and a CM until the CBs get bored or pressured and punt it.

If you look at how Holland played the system, their CBs had no problem finding short outlet passes into CMs or out wide, because they're not inept cunts.

When I continually whinge about our worst players (CBs) spending the most time wit hthe ball I don't do it for the sheer fucking fun of it.

They're inept at using the ball. Completely and utterly. But it's not all their fault, playing Fellaini instead of Herrera means he receives a pass from them and then passes it right back to them. Ending in passing triangle between two CBs and a CM until the CBs get bored or pressured and punt it.

You need a Can :p

I used to be quite impressed with Evans' ability on the ball, not sure what's happened there.

Is Jones any better now than he was when he joined, particularly with the ball? I thought one of the reasons he cost so much was because he was comfortable playing the ball out, but he looks absolutely petrified of it when I see him.

The less said about Smalling, the better.

dc89

Has this Lucas Silva had any past connection with Real Madrid?
Or am I free to post a picture of him kissing the badge of a club he has been at for 5 minutes and call him a cunt?
0Htl34i.png

KidJr

I used to be quite impressed with Evans' ability on the ball, not sure what's happened there.

Is Jones any better now than he was when he joined, particularly with the ball? I thought one of the reasons he cost so much was because he was comfortable playing the ball out, but he looks absolutely petrified of it when I see him.

Smalling is actually pretty technically gifted for a defender, still a crap CB but technique and passing isnt whats letting him down.

legitimate racist

#reported

but aye game look cracking. posts in gaming side giving me noggin a migraine. if folk purely wanna a pwetty sunset plenty of graphic hogs games with nowt depth to them to play.

Iorveth is just as racist really, and on top of that he looks like an elves fallout out boy. Disgusting.

Hixx. Wooden. Check it.
Jimquisition (Jan. 26) - We Need More Spencer Mansions.

I miss these game designs.

Yeah so do I, he makes some decent points in there. Never been that big a fan of huge open worlds, they have to be done really well for me to like them. Which GTA usually does to be fair. But every single bethesda game just feels like huge fucking nothing full of meaningless crap.

Evans used to be ok on the ball but now it seems to put the fear of God in to him.

Jones has horrific technique for a Championship footballer let alone a top 4 PL team. I remember thinking on Friday that Cambridge's CBs looked more comfortable on the ball.

Smalling is actually the least calamitous of the three at the moment, but he's still not good enough.

And to top it all off all three of them are super injury prone. Incredible.

Evans used to be ok on the ball but now it seems to put the fear of God in to him.

Jones has horrific technique for a Championship footballer let alone a top 4 PL team. I remember thinking on Friday that Cambridge's CBs looked more comfortable on the ball.

Smalling is actually the least calamitous of the three at the moment, but he's still not good enough.

And to top it all off all three of them are super injury prone. Incredible.

Phil+Jones.gif

#tekkerz

sorry

Esch

Banned
it mostly came to down to which path I liked more

And you know, racism or something
It's okay imo if you play the path and then fuck him over in the end

Ed: also Iorveth was carrying out pogroms on human villages etc as well. Call him a terrorist or freedom fighter, but he wasnt clean either.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
how and when did united become a joke club too

it all happened too quickly

and they're the worse kind of joke club, they shit money.

what ever happened to rojo

It's hard to tell with him. He's not bad but hasn't been great either so it's hard to tell if it's because he's coming to a new league/the language barrier or if he's merely alright. Dislocating his shoulder in a stupid tackle against City let me know that he is indeed a Manchester United center back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom