• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT12| Old Man Looking For 17 year olds. Contact Arsene

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bold One

:lol the better things to worry about card?

come on son. People shouldn't be chastised for criticising female characterisation in games. If you disagree that's grand but it's a legitimate discussion to be having.

And yeah like I said Triss is a great character and I've no doubt Yennefer and Ciri will be equally well rounded and engaging. But the series has previous with a juvenile fairly lame treatment of its lesser female characters. It's not or break obviously, still a massive fan but as someone who invests loads of time into these games I can still see it has problems.

now that's that dunnae wanna shite up the thread too much.

Not really a card tbh, I look at the witcher games the same way I see Bioware games, they cater to a certain demographic and they know what that demographic likes, and I spose titillation is par for the course. its well constructed nerd fantasy, where you can bang witches, prostitutes, blue aliens and elves. I never said anyone should be chastised for naysaying, I would never decry anyone's right to discuss or criticise it as I just have no investment it to sympathise with people who do.

But yeah, let's leave it there

inky

I go out of my way to not bang any pixelated women in video games, ain't nobody got time for that.

One reason I hate Bioware games nowadays. They keep investing more and more time and resources on that and almost force you through conversation to take part on it.

In Mass Effect 3 Jessica Chobot (IGN personality) plays a reporter that goes on your ship with you. You can fuck her but she makes you promise you won't tell anyone because her integrity would be compromised. I was extremely surprised when almost no one saw the irony on that, and to this day it is rarely discussed.

flabberghastly how do you feel about Dark Souls and God Hand
I've never played either. I've irresolutely intended to for years, but I've still never bothered.

I do savor the general aesthetic of Dark Souls and Demon's Souls, though, and I like conceptually how the narrative, lore, etc, are conveyed.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
I go out of my way to not bang any pixelated women in video games, ain't nobody got time for that.

its dumb anyway since you cant even show any actual erotic content or the game would be 18+, so the most you get is some veiled in shadow scenes and maybe some moaning. not worth the effort.

FootballFan

Welcome to dc :p

Haha yeah. That is what Dc89 will always be to me. Somebody who likes the simple things in life. Occasional lateness to topics and some naive comments(about beaches) but that is what makes him who he is, a gr8 member of this community.

I had no idea he was a computer whiz until the other day on WhatsApp when he fixed my laptop. Full of surprises.

Brilliant.

Phil+Jones.gif

#tekkerz

sorry

He actually has the same technique when he takes corners. In fact, that ball is on a perfect trajectory for a corner, unfortunately Jones got mixed up that night and forgot he was taking a penalty instead.

Meier

Orlando City signed Martin Paterson on loan until the end of the season.

Even in the Witcher 1? I got a huge kick out of doing it with the chick in the water wheel building.. people thought there was a ghost in there due to the wailing if I recall. :lol

Honey Bunny

its dumb anyway since you cant even show any actual erotic content or the game would be 18+, so the most you get is some veiled in shadow scenes and maybe some moaning. not worth the effort.

The stiff animatons and facial expressions make such scenes unintentionally hilarious though, they look like a little kid smashing barbie and action man together naked. I treat them as comic relief.

Bold One

Orlando City signed Martin Paterson on loan until the end of the season.

Even in the Witcher 1? I got a huge kick out of doing it with the chick in the water wheel building.. people thought there was a ghost in there due to the wailing if I recall. :lol

Is Witcher 1 worth playing if you've already started witcher 2?

Like imagine playing as Max Hardcore and having to juggle the resources of running the premium pre-teen piss and vomit website whilst also having to upgrade your surface to air defences against the incoming threat.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
I just don't have the time (or money) to build a PC and constantly tweak settings and stuff to suit individual game requirements. I know you get far superior results on a PC, but I like the convenience of a console, put the game in and get what you're given.

The thing about remasters. I've played two games today, both are remasters. The Last of Us on PS4 ( I got it for £12 from that gamedealdaily.com) and Wind Waker HD. I'm fine with buying HD remasters if the price is right. I paid like £35 for Zelda at launch, but I wouldn't pay that for say a Kingdom Hearts (which I have both and paid sub £25)

if you're coming from console, every PC port is an HD remaster.

i find PCs to be a time saver over consoles as far as just every day playing a game bollocks goes. was at a mate's last weekend and it's pretty shocking how much time you spend on a PS4 just staring at spinning wheels, menus and loading screens. probably spent as much time waiting on shit like that in one gta session as i ever have in a config screen.

what I like about consoles is that they're a license to play shitty games that require zero effort. when I'm at a desk with my steam list staring down at me I feel like I should be playing someing worthwhile. consoles don't judge you like that. I can play any old shit in a paralytic state on a couch with a controller.

my upcoming htpc venture is just a trojan for lazily playing shit games.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
SAY WHAT :lol THATS BRILLIANT :lol That's it, I'm gonna PLOUGH the shit outta every single living creature in The Witcher universe from now on :lol
He's a very solid CM all around, imo. Should make for a nice Marchisio backup in those three matches Allegri will use him in. Coman'd.
OH GREAT! More useless Italian SHITS. Let's add to the pile why don't we
I've never played either. I've irresolutely intended to for years, but I've still never bothered.

I do savor the general aesthetic of Dark Souls and Demon's Souls, though, and I like conceptually how the narrative, lore, etc, are conveyed.
I feel like God Hand is somehow beneath you :lol but you're making a grave mistake by skipping Dark Souls. Like you, I fell outta love with gaming years and years ago, but DS kickstarted my fucking heart.<3 (well not really, I hate games even more now for not being as good as DS ;_;)
One reason I hate Bioware games nowadays. They keep investing more and more time and resources on that and almost force you through conversation to take part on it.

In Mass Effect 3 Jessica Chobot (IGN personality) plays a reporter that goes on your ship with you. You can fuck her but she makes you promise you won't tell anyone because her integrity would be compromised. I was extremely surprised when almost no one saw the irony on that, and to this day it is rarely discussed.

see, you guys get me, it's all so utterly silly and..forced. You'd think the novelty would wear off eventually but NOOHOHOH

Meier

Is Witcher 1 worth playing if you've already started witcher 2?
It's a bit old now but I loved it at the time. I think I actually enjoyed the original more than the sequel but the inventory system is a nightmare. More so than 2's even. Might be difficult to move back in time like that.

Found the video -- hilarious. It's probably fine to link to but I won't risk it. Was on YouTube as "Funny Witcher sex scene". Very clever dialogue.

SAY WHAT :lol THATS BRILLIANT :lol That's it, I'm gonna PLOUGH the shit outta every single living creature in The Witcher universe from now on :lol
The guards are like someone should call a Witcher to go look at the haunted mill. Where are they when you need one?!

Bold One

They should make an efukt game.

Or at least let you play out efukt scenes whilst also protecting the world from a nebulous catastrophic enemy.

The Shit storm would be so epic, it would be worth it

It's a bit old now but I loved it at the time. I think I actually enjoyed the original more than the sequel but the inventory system is a nightmare. More so than 2's even. Might be difficult to move back in time like that.

Found the video -- hilarious. It's probably fine to link to but I won't risk it. Was on YouTube as "Funny Witcher sex scene". Very clever dialogue.

I am sort of struggling with tthe control scheme for witcher 2 as is, but will persevere.

Valdes tho :lol

He needs play time

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Chris Foy moved to Championship duties after Jan Vertonghen 'ghost goal'

Referee responsible for 'season's worst decision' during Tottenham's win over Sunderland will not be involved in Premier League this weekend

clap-clap-clap-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-2242.gif

Err, isn't the linesman most responsible for it?

It's not like the linesman can overrule Foy. He was miles on his own half, Foy should certainly have seen that as well. Foy was right next to the action as well, not like he was still in the other end of the pitch.

I just don't understand why the championship has to be punished for this.

Salvadora

I wonder why it was so easy to get Gabriel a work permit unlike other players.

I'm happy, obviously, but it just makes me wonder about the rules.

I feel like God Hand is somehow beneath you :lol but you're making a grave mistake by skipping Dark Souls. Like you, I fell outta love with gaming years and years ago, but DS kickstarted my fucking heart.<3 (well not really, I hate games even more now for not being as good as DS ;_;)
Yurt-san, someday I'll play it just because of this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom