• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT12| Old Man Looking For 17 year olds. Contact Arsene

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
something about english always makes me want to side with the soul crushing imperial overlords in any fantasy game. think it started with TIE fighter.

old man loyal to the empire but conflicted at having to fulfil his heinous duties is my favourite trope.

FootballFan

It's 6am Tuesday. Birds chirping. Sun rising not too long from now.

Oats and prunes, what a morning.

Gonna have a quick swim, get back inside, drink some tea and take a 30 minute nap before the day begins.

Linius

Gonna have a quick swim, get back inside, drink some tea and take a 30 minute nap before the day begins.

A quick swim? Is your house on the beach? Are you rich? Tell me more.

arkon

Sounds like a top, top start to the day. Apart from the being up at 6am bit.

Looked in the witcher threads. People being angry about prostitutes being... Prostitutes.
JzKGOjM.png

It really doesn't look as good as previous showings though. Mind you I need a new pc before even worrying about that.

But

pDnTErB.png

4TfeeGW.png

inky

EA charging for fuel in their new mobile game.
JzKGOjM.png

Can't wait till they charge for car registration, insurance and for getting a virtual drivers license as well.

dc89

Everyone talking about max graphics this and 30Fps that. thats why i dont have a pc, too much bother, just leave me and my Wii U and I'll be happy.

ibtLcxOSIDlGqh.jpg

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Everyone talking about max graphics this and 30Fps that. thats why i dont have a pc, too much bother, just leave me and my Wii U and I'll be happy.

ibtLcxOSIDlGqh.jpg

yes dc
wind waker hd looks better than most games out there, all devs should learn that artstyle > graphics

Meier

Where are the images that people are complaining about, Wooden? For curiosity sake.

http://i.minus.com/ibtLcxOSIDlGqh.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

Best looking game of all time.

Rojo being our best defender doesn't really say much though does it Horse :(

Although he hasn't been as bad as I thought he'd be. He seems to know a little bit about defending as opposed to nothing. He was really really bad under any high balls early on but has improved a bit there so that's one positive.

But it really bothers me that when he gets home instead of putting on a pair of pyjamas and a nice cotton t shirt he instead opts for thigh high socks and a football kit.

Rojo no.

inky

You can still own a PC and not care about the minutiae of graphics options, you know? It's not mandatory.

Most games have default settings that fit to your machine automatically. And if you don't care or don't want to fiddle with them then don't. A modern computer will most likely run any game better than the console counterpart by default anyway.

Best reason to own a PC is prices, above customization options and shit.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
You can still own a PC and not care about the minutiae of graphics options, you know? It's not mandatory.

Most games have default settings that fit to your machine automatically. And if you don't care or don't want to fiddle with them then don't. A modern computer will most likely run any game better than the console counterpart by default anyway.

yeah, most modern pcs will run games at least at 30fps medium most of the time. it's only when you demand running it at 1080p 60fps at ultra high that you have to spend a little more.

Rojo being our best defender doesn't really say much though does it Horse :(

Although he hasn't been as bad as I thought he'd be. He seems to know a little bit about defending as opposed to nothing. He was really really bad under any high balls early on but has improved a bit there so that's one positive.

But it really bothers me that when he gets home instead of putting on a pair of pyjamas and a nice cotton t shirt he instead opts for thigh high socks and a football kit.

Rojo no.

:lol

No it doesn't. We need better than the lot of them but that'll come in the summer.

Let's not forget we have the third best defence in the league tho ;)

Zabojnik

El Shaarawy injured again, out for at least six weeks, probably two months.

Truly the new Pato.

Run, Mastour, run while you still can.

Meier: in the new witcher screenshot thread. I can't be bothered to find them again.

They look exactly like what I'd expect of a video game developer's idea of a mediaeval prostitute.

I hate video games.

Good thing I don't play witcher for an accurate picture of the time. They should probably have dropped the monsters if they were aiming for that too.

ibtLcxOSIDlGqh.jpg

Don't even understand this argument. It's not like the exact same things aren't discussed in the console game threads.

But I do get the comfort factor in just playing the same games over and over again with Nintendo. That's cool too. They even started doing remasters so you really get the exact same, and I'm not even kidding when I say I understand that. I'm enjoying going back and replaying all my old games at the moment much more than new ones. I like knowing them.

United news (sorry wedward):

1. PSG have been in contact for Adnan; and

2. RVP says his form hasn't been good enough and he's uncertain on whether he'll extend his contract.

inky

Don't even understand this argument. It's not like the exact same things aren't discussed in the console game threads.

Seriously. Console fans piss on other console fans for graphical details all the time even when PC is not in the conversation. Heck, it's happening with the Witcher too. 720 vs 1080, etc.

There was a bit of an outcry too on Wind Waker HD due to some of the lighting methods iirc. It's hardly exclusive to PC.

L1NETT

the witcher time is my favourite part of medieval history

But nah even as a huge fan of the series it does have issues in its portrayal of some of its female characters, particularly the less significant ones regarding the plot (Triss is a tremendously well rounded character imo)

Issue is wooden is that it comes off...how to phrase this....a little laddish? Juvenile? May even say sad in places.

They were facts of life, often regulated and ordained in law. They weren't lavish extravagent places like popular fiction makes out. Well kept and common parts of society

Like I do sympathise with people who get ruffled by it, just comes across as a bit adolescent.

I wonder if Van Persie will regret his move a few years down the line.

At United he's going to be way down the pecking order in terms of what he was able to achieve at the club and how the fans will remember him. And now he's simply one of many "stars".

Then again he did manage to win the PL which wasn't going to happen at Arsenal.

Or he could have gone to City and been truly massive.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I wonder if Van Persie will regret his move a few years down the line.

At United he's going to be way down the pecking order in terms of what he was able to achieve at the club and how the fans will remember him. And now he's simply one of many "stars".

Then again he did manage to win the PL which wasn't going to happen at Arsenal.

Or he could have gone to City and been truly massive.

:(

Bold One

But nah even as a huge fan of the series it does have issues in its portrayal of some of its female characters, particularly the less significant ones regarding the plot (Triss is a tremendously well rounded character imo)

Issue is wooden is that it comes off...how to phrase this....a little laddish? Juvenile? May even say sad in places.

They were facts of life, often regulated and ordained in law. They weren't lavish extravagent places like popular fiction makes out. Well kept and common parts of society

Like I do sympathise with people who get ruffled by it, just comes across as a bit adolescent.
I don't really sympathise with people who get hot and bothered by things like that, I envy them, because life must be pretty good if that's the sort of thing that triggers you.

Still struggling to play the second one mind you (dem controls), but isn't the 3rd witcher getting significant female characters?

L1NETT

I don't really sympathise with people who get hot and bothered by things like that, I envy them, because life must be pretty good if that's the sort of thing that triggers you.

Still struggling to play the second one mind you (dem controls), but isn't the 3rd witcher getting significant female characters?

:lol the better things to worry about card?

come on son. People shouldn't be chastised for criticising female characterisation in games. If you disagree that's grand but it's a legitimate discussion to be having.

And yeah like I said Triss is a great character and I've no doubt Yennefer and Ciri will be equally well rounded and engaging. But the series has previous with a juvenile fairly lame treatment of its lesser female characters. It's not or break obviously, still a massive fan but as someone who invests loads of time into these games I can still see it has problems.

now that's that dunnae wanna shite up the thread too much.

Console players want the best console-graphics to justify their purchase. Some people want to know which console performs the best to inform a future purchase. Others just enjoy talking about that kind of thing.

The PC is pretty much irrelevant to all of that. Everyone fucking knows that a good PC outperforms the consoles, they don't need to be reminded about it.

dc89

But I do get the comfort factor in just playing the same games over and over again with Nintendo. That's cool too. They even started doing remasters so you really get the exact same, and I'm not even kidding when I say I understand that. I'm enjoying going back and replaying all my old games at the moment much more than new ones. I like knowing them.

I just don't have the time (or money) to build a PC and constantly tweak settings and stuff to suit individual game requirements. I know you get far superior results on a PC, but I like the convenience of a console, put the game in and get what you're given.

The thing about remasters. I've played two games today, both are remasters. The Last of Us on PS4 ( I got it for £12 from that gamedealdaily.com) and Wind Waker HD. I'm fine with buying HD remasters if the price is right. I paid like £35 for Zelda at launch, but I wouldn't pay that for say a Kingdom Hearts (which I have both and paid sub £25).

There are some games I'd buy straight up again. If Nintendo actually made an effort with their Virtual Console I'd buy tons of stuff. When I say effort I mean, put the old Pokemon games on there, who gives a shit about the inability to trade or connect stuff together. Nintendo just don't seem to learn, but some of the stuff on the Virtual Console must be in it's recent best sellers. Look at how people went crazy for A Link to The Past.

I just don't have the time (or money) to build a PC and constantly tweak settings and stuff to suit individual game requirements. I know you get far superior results on a PC, but I like the convenience of a console, put the game in and get what you're given.

The thing about remasters. I've played two games today, both are remasters. The Last of Us on PS4 ( I got it for £12 from that gamedealdaily.com) and Wind Waker HD. I'm fine with buying HD remasters if the price is right. I paid like £35 for Zelda at launch, but I wouldn't pay that for say a Kingdom Hearts (which I have both and paid sub £25).

Aside from the money issue, its easy to buy a prebuilt PC, and any modern game will autoadjust to your specs afaik. Tweaking is optional.

Good thing I don't play witcher for an accurate picture of the time. They should probably have dropped the monsters if they were aiming for that too.
It has nothing to do with accuracy, at least for me, and everything to do with being completely uninteresting. If it was some vigorously novel take on that sort of setting, I'd probably be interested; but, no, it's exactly what I'd expect from this sort of thing. It's fantastically trite.

This is essentially what I meant about being exactly what I'd expect. The general thought being put into it seems so limited and simple that it just comes across as pandering and pathetic.

I can't speak for anyone else who cares about it, but it has nothing to do with being a trigger of any sort, or even being bothered by it per se; it's just a matter of being exhausted by the sense of obviousness I feel when I see things like this.

But that's as much as I'll say on the topic, because I seriously have come to detest discussing games - hence why the vast majority of my posts are made in this thread alone.

inky

I just don't have the time (or money) to build a PC and constantly tweak settings and stuff to suit individual game requirements.

Like, we just told you you don't have to. Most games do it for you, or just have presets (LOW, MED, HIGH) that get automatically picked based on your computer. That's for big games too. Most indie games don't even have options other than basics like resolution. Fiddling on those usually happens through 3rd party programs and only hardcore enthusiasts bother.

Money is a fair point. The initial investment is higher than a console.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom