• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT12| Old Man Looking For 17 year olds. Contact Arsene

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pogba came at a time where Scholes was still in the team tho. Fergie should have trusted him. ffs it was his trust in the Class of 92 that led to the treble.

Still, I guess it must be hard to play Pogba when you have memories of Scholes bossing the midfield.

That romantic sappy cunt.

I don't think it had much to do with trust m8.

It would be cool to sign someone
l1x61OA.png

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Pogba came at a time where Scholes was still in the team tho. Fergie should have trusted him. ffs it was his trust in the Class of 92 that led to the treble.

Still, I guess it must be hard to play Pogba when you have memories of Scholes bossing the midfield.

Hehe I think Clegg was talking about something else actually
I don't think it had much to do with trust m8.
I KNEW IT! FergiEH is a racist

Or hates the French!

Fuck Evra ruins every possible theory, smart.

Hahaha somehow I don't see that happening.

Dragovic and Coleman pls

Just have a little patience
I'm still hurting from a love I lost
I'm feeling your frustration
Any minute all the pain will stop

Just hold me close
Inside your arms tonight
Don't be too hard on my emotions

'Cause I need time
My heart is numb, has no feeling
So while I'm still healing
Just try and have a little patience

I really wanna start over again
I know you wanna be my salvation
The one that I can always depend

I'll try to be strong
Believe me I'm trying to move on
It's complicated but understand me

'Cause I need time
Just try and have a little patience yeah
Have a little patience yeah

'Cause the scars run so deep
It's been hard but I have to believe
Have a little patience
Have a little patience

'Cause I, I just need time
Have a little patience

rossonero

He was really bad for a long time with Palermo. But he's been solid as fuck for some time now and would probably get into the first team, not sure he's a huge upgrade but he's free in half a year and Zamparini is trying just to get a bit of money out of him in this window...

He hasn't been allowed to play recently because Zamps claims he cant concentrate when he got transfer talk going around, which is somewhat true, he was horrible the one match he did play when refusing to sign a new contract.

Hmm something tells me it's hard to think he would be worse than Mexes, Bonera and Zapata. Poor Zamparini, he was just calling us vultures a week ago and now he needs to bow down to Galliani. Cause I think Galliani thinks "siamo a posto cosi" and has no problem with waiting till the summer to reinforce the defense.....

You should check with Conte. I hear he'll manage both Italy and Milan.

Yeah, just read about it. Does the media even try nowadays? That's why I only believe Di Marzio and Pedulla.

Just have a little patience
I'm still hurting from a love I lost
I'm feeling your frustration
Any minute all the pain will stop

Just hold me close
Inside your arms tonight
Don't be too hard on my emotions

'Cause I need time

I really wanna start over again
I know you wanna be my salvation
The one that I can always depend

I'll try to be strong
Believe me I'm trying to move on
It's complicated but understand me

'Cause I need time
Just try and have a little patience yeah
Have a little patience yeah

'Cause the scars run so deep
It's been hard but I have to believe
Have a little patience
Have a little patience

'Cause I, I just need time
Have a little patience

Hjb3Li3.gif

I read as spoken rap in my mind

Wolfsburg play down Schürrle interest

:lol

Wooden, they want you to beg

Even funnier was earlier when SSN declared that the deal had progressed by Chelsea saying they want more than £30 million for him. That's some progression towards a cliff edge.

That's possibly a more rancid price than £40 million for Luiz.

Walshy

Rubbish, surrounded by trash.

Hopefully he can be elevated when surrounded by better pllayers, by all account Lille are dismal across the board. Don't think he'll be ready next season tbh, no matter how poor our current striking options are.

Whenever I watch him (far from often) I'm struck by his really blatant lack of attempt to get into a goalscoring position. He holds it up okay, passes it around okay, but then when he's won/contributed to solid possession for his team he just stands at the edge of the box with his back to goal, as though waiting to go through the motions again.
I don't really watch much French football, but thanks for the brief write up.

He looked good at the World Cup, but Diouf and Diao taught us to never buy a player off performances at an International tournament.

If he's not ready, what do you think would suit him best? A loan to a PL club?

Bold One

I wrote that during a few respawn timers in Dota, so it's not very cohesive. But yeah, there is a focus on youth, but it only looks and feels weird in the context in which it's put in on places like Gaf because 95% of the time, the context is some awful story or a niche anime or game, and that stands as representative of the whole culture, when almost no one who lives here is actually into it, or even aware of it.

That said, if the only place you ever went to was Akihabara, you'd definitely have a colored impression. That place is amazing and awful at the same time.

I make it a point never to use Gaf as a point of reference for things like this, it's why I never make threads in OT or Gaming side. I wanted the POV of someone there. I also get how people asking you these sort of questions can start to wear you down. Its just that cultural representation can be limiting when all you have to go on is internet second hand, tv shows and games.

Pogba came when there was no Scholes as he retired. Pogba even came on as a sub for Scholes during his testimonial match. Scholes came out of retirement mid season and he did perform well for that half season.

I also do think it came to trust. Pogba thought he was good enough for first team football and Fergie opted to play Park and Rafael in midfield over Pogba for a match. I think Anderson came off the bench in that very same match over Pogba. To top it off, Scholes came out of retirement.

It was rumored that Pogba wanted a clause in his contract that meant he had to be guaranteed a certain amount of game time. Fergie obviously would not accept those kind of demands no matter how much he liked a player. It made sense from Pogba's point of view because he wasn't trusted to play in midfield over Park and Rafael. Park who was absolutely horrible that season and Rafael who was a rb. 19 year old Jones also played as a cm in his debut season for United ahead of Pogba. I'm pretty sure Fergie told Pogba that he would get more playing time if he had stayed, but didn't want to give Pogba the playing time clause in his contract which kind of cemented in Pogba's head that he should leave to Juve.

Pogba made the right choice. I certainly think Pogba wouldn't have gotten the same amount of playing time at United that he has gotten at Juve. Fergie was a lot less trusting of youth players in his latter years.

Hmm something tells me it's hard to think he would be worse than Mexes, Bonera and Zapata. Poor Zamparini, he was just calling us vultures a week ago and now he needs to bow down to Galliani. Cause I think Galliani thinks "siamo a posto cosi" and has no problem with waiting till the summer to reinforce the defense.....

Well Munoz is the reason he was calling you that. :p

Hixx

"Meanwhile BT Sport, Sky Sports and the Discovery Channel are going head to head for the live rights to Premier League football, with the result expected within the next fortnight."

wat

Pogba came when there was no Scholes as he retired. Pogba even came on as a sub for Scholes during his testimonial match. Scholes came out of retirement mid season and he did perform well for that half season.

I also do think it came to trust. Pogba thought he was good enough for first team football and Fergie opted to play Park and Rafael in midfield over Pogba for a match. I think Anderson came off the bench in that very same match over Pogba. To top it off, Scholes came out of retirement.

It was rumored that Pogba wanted a clause in his contract that meant he had to be guaranteed a certain amount of game time. Fergie obviously would not accept those kind of demands no matter how much he liked a player. It made sense from Pogba's point of view because he wasn't trusted to play in midfield over Park and Rafael. Park who was absolutely horrible that season and Rafael who was a rb. 19 year old Jones also played as a cm in his debut season for United ahead of Pogba. I'm pretty sure Fergie told Pogba that he would get more playing time if he had stayed, but didn't want to give Pogba the playing time clause in his contract which kind of cemented in Pogba's head that he should leave to Juve.

Pogba made the right choice. I certainly think Pogba wouldn't have gotten the same amount of playing time at United that he has gotten at Juve. Fergie was a lot less trusting of youth players in his latter years.

You're right I guess.

And it looks like we are making the same mistake with Januzaj.

"Meanwhile BT Sport, Sky Sports and the Discovery Channel are going head to head for the live rights to Premier League football, with the result expected within the next fortnight."

wat

I don't even know what channel number the Discovery Channel is on. Why the fuck are they trying for football :lol

Yen

Whiplash is top. JK Simmons is always top.
Are you in gitmo

That's what they feed you, innit. So the weight gain suffocates your jihadi verve.
There was a lot of whipped cream in there too.

wat
Oh I'd really like Sky to lose the rights.

scently

It was the match against Blackburn. Incidentally, they won 3-2. I remember coming back home to find the match already in progress and then looking at the team sheet thinking "wth we don't have any midfielder on the pitch....what is Pogba doing on the bench?!?!?!?" I was left fuming at the end of that match.

So yeah, Pogba made the right choice to leave, much as it pains me, it was the right decision to make.

Blablurn

Schürrle is so underrated. Wouldnt mind seeing him at Bayern. Mou just couldnt utilize him. And he will fail in Wolfsburg too because the squad just doesnt match his skills. I rate him as high as Reus. Easily. Dortmund should buy him.

Salazar

You're right I guess.

And it looks like we are making the same mistake with Januzaj.

I can emotionally process it so long as he is, to some extent, not getting a run because of fitness or whatever. If he goes on an injury streak and his agent continues to run his mouth, I'll be moody. If he's good to go and Gaal ignores him, fair enough - fly away, Adnan.

wat

Well at least Discovery channel might be worth watching again. It's strange to see what that channel has become, badly scripted reality tv and mythbusters.

Hixx

Whiplash is top. JK Simmons is always top.

There was a lot of whipped cream in there too.

Oh I'd really like Sky to lose the rights.

no, fuck BT.

If you want to watch the PL and the CL next season it is going to be probably twice as expensive as it was this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom