• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT12| Old Man Looking For 17 year olds. Contact Arsene

Status
Not open for further replies.

pulga

Banned
Prunes are a great source of healthy fiber and antioxidants m8s

iDLum67h.jpg

FootballFan

^bahahahah phlebas.

Mad Men fell off hard after S4

Homeland is the GOAT

I liked homeland(even season 2 wasn't as bad as everyone said it would be)

But

SPOILER

Homeland spoiler below

I can't watch new season. Brody dead killed the show.

Homeland spoiler above.

SPOILER

I wouldnt call it the best on TV, but I am really Agent Carter so far. Agents of Shield seems so lame and unnecessary to me (not watched Gotham yet either) but Haley Attwell is nice and so is Lyndsey Fonseca, plus its actually entertaining.

scabro

^bahahahah phlebas.

But

SPOILER

Homeland spoiler below

Homeland spoiler above.

SPOILER

looooooool u wot

thats the only goddamn reason the show was watchable this season

goddamn the family shit was horrific the last few seasons

jtb

Banned
^bahahahah phlebas.

But

SPOILER

Homeland spoiler below

Homeland spoiler above.

SPOILER

nah it was just what the show needed. S4 has the ugliest baby you will ever see on television. it's hilarious.

FootballFan

nah it was just what the show needed. S4 has the ugliest baby you will ever see on television. it's hilarious.

i almost died when they showed the baby

ita fucking doppleganger

Haha almost feel like watching.

But I can't.

And it's his baby. Nice.

My favourite line from homeland is when brody tried to train issa about football.

"SOCCER BALL?!" as he holds the ball. Great moment

jtb

Banned
there was a good four or five episode stretch this season where Homeland was back to S1 god-tier levels. enough to renew GOAT status, I think.

I want to get back into the Americans but I haven't really had the time to start marathoning through episodes

also Mad Men is still good (last half season was actually serious return to form) just not as good as when it was head and shoulders better than everything else

GorillaJu

I enjoy some of these shows you guys are talking about but it surprises me how much TV you guys watch to have seen so many seasons/episodes of so many shows. Movies I can fully understand. I want to watch more movies myself, it's a rewarding use of time.

But every time I try watching a TV show, outside of really exceptional ones like Mad Men and the Wire, I just feel like I'd rather be playing Dota or something.

GQman2121

Banned
Homeland was a good show up until the laughable finale in S1. From there on out the show was a comedy. I stopped after S2. Season 2 is embarrassing for everyone involved.

scabro

Haha almost feel like watching.

But I can't.

And it's his baby. Nice.

My favourite line from homeland is when brody tried to train issa about football.

"SOCCER BALL?!" as he holds the ball. Great moment

the show is still "dumb fucking characters making dumb fucking decisions for the dumb fucking plot: the show"

but im not gonna lie i liked the last season almost as much as the first.

Watching the Sky Sports highlights program of the game, my word.

I fucking love Costa. Hazard is so fucking good, SIGN THE NEW FUCKING CONTRACT ALREADY!

Apart from that, not much to say at the moment, nice to see it from a different perspective.

When you assert something that's subjective, it's implied that said assertion is an opinion. Because that is literally the definition of the word. If someone said "the earth is round, in my opinion," just adding "in my opinion" wouldn't actually make it an opinion. It would be an objective statement that could either be verified true or false.

Now, that being said, fuck off.

Hey, it's late alright, I didn't word it right.

I'm glad you enjoy the show.

Do you enjoy prunes?

Homeland ain't vury good tho
GOTY winner 2015 DRAGONBALL XENOVERSE has better story arcs

jtb

Banned
Fuck prunes.

Homeland is good.

I just like complaining about other people complaining about opinions-as-fact. like.... people love to shout "oh my god how dare you say an opinion without adding 'in my opinion'" and it's fucking annoying

booo dont chicken out

nah I misread the post lol

GorillaJu

Fuck prunes.

Homeland is good.

I just like complaining about other people complaining about opinions-as-fact. like.... people love to shout "oh my god how dare you say an opinion without adding 'in my opinion'" and it's fucking annoying

nah I misread the post lol

Agreed. Some people were giving me shit for putting down my opinions about Bloodborne being easier than Dark Souls, and I got these two goombas replying to me saying "YOU'RE MISLEADING PEOPLE" because I was "passing off my opinion as fact."

Didn't you guys have a class in grade school where you had to look at a worksheet and write "OPINION" or "FACT" next to statements to learn how to differentiate them? Apparently not, in some places.

Rediscovered a song that played in my first game for the school football team.

Scored an outrageous own goal that day

It's also the song I used to blare out my mp3 as I got rekt in Yu-Gi-Oh :(

I'm gonna tear up :'(

That Ivanovic goal is some fairly dreadful defending, their performance tonight deserved a bit better goal to be honest (as much as it was nice for us, it was cheap for them). I really will never understand zonal marking especially when you have a defence lacking in organisation and leaders.

FootballFan

Do you enjoy prunes?

Homeland ain't vury good tho
GOTY winner 2015 DRAGONBALL XENOVERSE has better story arcs

:(

What have I done.

Atticus, I believe it was you that posted earlier saying courtois looks like a med student. Made me laugh but I forgot to quote it. I apologise.

Fuck prunes.

I'm neutral on prunes. I'll eat them if that's what's given to me to eat, but normally I'll pass.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
That Ivanovic goal is some fairly dreadful defending, their performance tonight deserved a bit better goal to be honest (as much as it was nice for us, it was cheap for them). I really will never understand zonal marking especially when you have a defence lacking in organisation and leaders.

zonal marking is all the other defenders in my college sport class did
no one knew how to do zonal marking, they just stood there like fucking idiots

FootballFan

&MaxW=640&imageVersion=default&AR-141019806.jpg

He truly does.

Also, if it's any consolation FF, I was a frequent prune-taker when I was young.

For pooping purposes

I genuinely thought you were going to say that you will pre-order dragon ball xenoverse haha. when you said "If it's any consolation "

Prunes are good for that too though.

Scum

Agreed. Some people were giving me shit for putting down my opinions about Bloodborne being easier than Dark Souls, and I got these two goombas replying to me saying "YOU'RE MISLEADING PEOPLE" because I was "passing off my opinion as fact."

Didn't you guys have a class in grade school where you had to look at a worksheet and write "OPINION" or "FACT" next to statements to learn how to differentiate them? Apparently not, in some places.

The internet has become the mentor for many nowadays. So they've completely forgotten what it's like to think and do things for themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom