• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT12| Old Man Looking For 17 year olds. Contact Arsene

Status
Not open for further replies.

GQman2121

Banned
Prunes, like apple juice, give me a horrible bout of the shits. I like both very much, but I need to monitor my intake at all times. Meaning, I can only consume within the safety of my own home ground.

How about dates? Very good and found all over the world. Great chopped up and added to salads.

Oh my.

http://www.football-italia.net/61342/pirlo-and-baggio-save-brescia

Andrea Pirlo is prepared to invest in Serie B side Brescia to avoid bankruptcy with Roberto Baggio possibly as Coach.
The Rondinelle are struggling badly and on the edge of disappearing off the Italian footbal map.

“I am suffering so much seeing the team I cheer on in such dire conditions,” Pirlo told Il Giornale di Brescia.

He started his career at Brescia’s youth academy and wore the jersey from 1994 to 1998.

“I spoke to important people, those who really mean something in this fight. You know much I care about Brescia, so I’m suffering to see the club I grew up in and the one I support in this situation.
“I think I’ve done everything in my capabilities, speaking for a long time to those who are dealing directly with the situation.
“There will be further contact and I certainly won’t give up the ghost now.”

There are also reports that a new-look Brescia could bring in another ex-player, Baggio, as their Coach.

This changes everything for that massive club.

3169417_738655.jpg

Blatter is 78, jesus christ. Another 5 year term at Fifa and he'll be 83, a bit old?

Wouldn't be a problem if he was doing a good job but he's not so...

Linius

I got a PM on Facebook from someone from another country who I don't even know. I always assumed you have to Facebook friends to PM each other :/

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
ohnooooo.jpg

Coman - Llion - Pepe tridente tomorow, Yurt-chan. All but confirmed. What a tempo.
and what a tremendous train-wreck this will be.

Like one of those peachy artistic deaths in Hannibal, where your instinct is telling you to look away but you can't help but stare and admire the carnage. What a time to be dead and be part of Hannibal Allegri's design.

2015%2f1%2fIniesta-Top-Image2.jpg

It seems almost heresy to say it, but should Andrés Iniesta really still be an automatic starter for club and country? The statistics suggest that so far this season the World Cup, double European Championship, three-time Champions League and six-time La Liga winner has fallen some distance from his best.

Most strikingly, Iniesta has yet to either score or assist a goal in 13 La Liga appearances this term. ‘Don Andres’ has yet to find the net in the Champions League either, although he has provided three assists in four games in Europe. His only goals all season both came in the Copa del Rey against Huesca, when Barca were coasting on their way to winning 12-1 on aggregate against a completely overwhelmed third-tier side.

You could argue that goals have never really been a huge part of Iniesta’s game (Stamford Bridge in May 2009 and Johannesburg a year later notwithstanding). Real Madrid's Sergio Ramos has famously now scored more through their careers.

It could also be that this season Iniesta is more often providing the second-last pass in moves (the ‘assist’ to the ‘assist’). Barca do play differently now, with coach Luis Enrique aiming to quickly feed the big-name front three of Lionel Messi, Neymar and Luis Suarez. It is not, however, as though Iniesta has particularly changed his position, he still typically plays as one of the more attacking ‘interior’ midfielders, either side of holder Sergio Busquets in the blaugrana club's characteristic 4-3-3 system.

Iniesta’s apparently dwindling returns have not gone unnoticed by Spanish pundits. The most read sports story through much of last week on the El Pais website was a pretty harsh take on his season so far, suggesting he has lost his “spark”.

“Iniesta, who was La Roja’s Messi, no longer plays like Iniesta, no longer deflates opponents with his zig-zag and his skillful use of both feet,” wrote respected columnist Jose Samano. “These days, he negotiates his way through games, nothing more. A symptom of this undefined Barça or maybe that the player, at 30 years of age, has become more steady and predictable. He has always had everyone's affection, and his angelic air also conditioned the media judgements, although they always emphasised more his stand-out moments rather than his full career as a whole.”

nicolas_cage_breeze.0.gif

and an 'assist to an assist' :lol new low :lol

To be fair, the assist isn't always the pass that cuts a defense open. It's like giving a through ball and the wide player only has an easy cross to make and that player gets the assist.

It's just hard to make a statistic for that because sometimes assists themselves didn't do shit and the striker made the goal for himself. Getting an assist to an assist in that instance would be more worthless than the assist itself.

It's tricky.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
To be fair, the assist isn't always the pass that cuts a defense open. It's like giving a through ball and the wide player only has an easy cross to make and that player gets the assist.

It's just hard to make a statistic for that because sometimes assists themselves didn't do shit and the striker made the goal for himself. Getting an assist to an assist in that instance would be more worthless than the assist itself.

It's tricky.

I dunno why they give assists to outside the box goals especially

Like, did Tevez really deserve an assist for Pogba's goal on Chievo?! It kinda helped mask his subdued performance

GorillaJu

It's tricky.

Agreed. Modric for example always made the pass that became the assist. Doesn't make him anything less of a player.

pulga

Banned

It's tricky.

Stop making sense, KidA, jesus fucking christ.

Z7HeRxU.png

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I see all the GOATs are awake today?

I fell asleep during the game last night ;_; I'm getting OLD

really gutted to see Chelsea go through, they deserved fuck all.

LTWheels

Sakho injured, our season might as well be over.

Having to play Johnson or Lovren in our back three. No control or leadership at the back :(

I see all the GOATs are awake today?

I fell asleep during the game last night ;_; I'm getting OLD

really gutted to see Chelsea go through, they deserved fuck all.

Yep, I have beeb awake for 9 hours.

I have fallen asleep during a lot of Arsenal games and missed a lot of CL games of both Arsenal and Juve. Also, I have missed almost all of the Juve night games on the Sunday. So good being able to watch Juve on A sunday afternoon. The game against Chievo was on at 11pm for me.

Must make a special effort to watch my Brain vs Blood game tonight.

FootballFan

Iniesta has been bad, even if his stats were incredible, I'd be saying he has been bad.

It's tricky.

Perfect Example

KidJr

Funny you should talk about statistics was in a heated debate with my friend who stated he basis a player off stats alone, I believe there's a lot more that goes into judging an players ability than statistics. He refused to accept that and went as far to say lampard was a better midfield player than Xavi zidane and scholes. We had to cut the conversation short lol

LTWheels

This is like the 5th time you've said it. It'll be okay LT.

When your defensive options are a choice between Lovren or Johnson, it's like having ptsd.

Apparently Sakho hurt his lower back in the pre match training, and played with an injection. I don't think his injury is too serious as he was sitting on the bench rather than going to the treatment room after coming off. And he was in the huddles/team talks during extra time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom