• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT12| Old Man Looking For 17 year olds. Contact Arsene

Status
Not open for further replies.
Parma - Juve

Are you ready for what's coming?

axe-scene-american-psycho-o.gif

I can see Parma winning. This cup is all they have left to play for. If they go out they will be deader than death.

El Topo

The Ghostbusters thread is just embarassing. Fat jokes and complaints about an all-female cast. Also it's not in continuity with a movie that came out about twenty five years ago, which is apparently a huge deal.
I'm also honestly not sure if (most of) the people complaining about McCarthy actually watch her movies.

Blablurn

The Ghostbusters thread is just embarassing. Fat jokes and complaints about an all-female cast. Also it's not in continuity with a movie that came out about twenty five years ago, which is apparently a huge deal.

They still could have gone for a more interesting cast. Instead we got those SNL girls I've never heard about. Give me Tina Fey. Give me something I can work with. Anna Kendrick maybe.

pulga

Banned
It's almost 4 am and I'm in the fucking Fantastic Four thread arguing over bullshit.

Where did my life go wrong?
D5Jy4CR.png

El Topo

They still could have gone for a more interesting cast. Instead we got those SNL girls I've never heard about. Give me Tina Fey. Give me something I can work with. Anna Kendrick maybe.

I guess if they had casted great-looking actresses GAF's reaction might've been different.

Blablurn

I guess if they had casted great-looking actresses GAF's reaction might've been different.

For sure ! And I really dont like that McCarthy gal. I've seen stuff with her. Terribru. And now she is the head of this movie? I hope they dont throw to many fat jokes into our faces.

Man. Ghostbusters used to be so good. Plus it had Bill Murray. This guy is charisma in person. They should have gotten at least 1 actor who could maybe.... tried to be as charismatic as Bill. Of course its almost impossible but at least try. Instead they give us SNL people. Ah man. Where is the worldwide appeal? In McCarthy? I dont think so. Bridesmaids wasnt that big of a it outside the US.

pulga

Banned
my life went wrong when i graduated. maybe thats some kind of help.

Bla pls. I've told you, let's go into business together. Send me knockoff Bayern shirts, I'll sell them all for 100% profit down here. We'll expand the Bayern brand all over Latino America.
02Do2Ff.png

I know I'd be on board!
qBsuB5s.png

I'm shallow, SUE ME.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Roma midfielder Kevin Strootman is flying to the Netherlands for further tests on his previously injured knee.

Strootman also picked up a knock from that fixture, to the same knee that required surgery and a nine-month lay-off after injury last March.

and what a wonderful coincidence, Parma - Juve on Buffon's birthday <3

buffon348_480789d.jpg

Fady K

I see all the GOATs are awake today?

I fell asleep during the game last night ;_; I'm getting OLD

really gutted to see Chelsea go through, they deserved fuck all.

Err...I dunno. Seemed far more even to me than that.

Mignolet had to make some great saves as did Courtois.

Liverpool missed glorious chances as did Chelsea.

Costa should been sent off as did Lucas and Henderson, and besides Costa didn't get a deserved penalty so I guess karma?

First half yesterday was mostly Liverpool and after that it was mostly Chelsea.

Sure, Ivanovic's goal came from poor defending, but we weren't defending all that well either.

Saying they deserved nothing is very, very hyperbolic. If Liverpool won, they would have deserved it and if CFC won, which they did, they deserved it too. It was an even and tense game for both sides who forgot their shooting boots at home and lacked proper defending with inspired keeping helping them both.

El Topo

For sure ! And I really dont like that McCarthy gal. I've seen stuff with her. Terribru. And now she is the head of this movie? I hope they dont throw to many fat jokes into our faces.

From my experience many at GAF don't seem to have a problem with fat jokes, see the Ghostbusters thread.

Man. Ghostbusters used to be so good. Plus it had Bill Murray. This guy is charisma in person. They should have gotten at least 1 actor who could maybe.... tried to be as charismatic as Bill. Of course its almost impossible but at least try. Instead they give us SNL people. Ah man. Where is the worldwide appeal? In McCarthy? I dont think so. Bridesmaids wasnt that big of a it outside the US.

McCarthy has starred in many successful movies and has her own popular TV show. If you look at Murray's resume before Ghostbusters, it's not exactly mindblowing. Do I think anyone of that cast is like Murray? Not really, but then would anyone even get the roles these days to show it? It's just such an enormously negative reaction in the thread that seems weirdly focused on the look and gender of the cast.

Blablurn

From my experience many at GAF don't seem to have a problem with fat jokes, see the Ghostbusters thread.

McCarthy has starred in many successful movies and has her own popular TV show. If you look at Murray's resume before Ghostbusters, it's not exactly mindblowing.

Pls don't go that way, El Topo. :(

But I'm trying to change myself.

So I'm just gonna respect your opinion. There must be a reason why you are on board with all this. And I don't want to be ignorant.

GQman2121

Banned
McCarthy is money at the box office. Her cbs show is a moderate hit and already in syndication. She's a safe bet for the studio who likely don't have much confidence in the script and are saving huge amounts of money with this cast. They clearly expect the brand to sell the movie.

Leslie Jones is hilarious though.

El Topo

Pls don't go that way, El Topo. :(

Do I need a reboot of Ghostbusters? No.
Do I particularly like McCarthy's comedy movies? Not really.
Do I think the movie will be as good as the original? Nope. The first two are classics.
Do I think the cast is perfect? Nope. Never even heard of two of the cast members.
Do I think their gender or look is a problem? Not at all.
Do I know absolutely anything else for sure about the movie other than some of the people involved? Nope.

Blablurn

Do I think the movie will be as good as the original? Nope. The first two are classics.
Do I think the cast is perfect? Nope. Never even heard of two of the cast members.

The gender is definitely not the problem here. Just the cast. Ah well. As I said in the thread: Let's wait for the first trailer to hit.

El Topo

The gender is definitely not the problem here. Just the cast. Ah well. As I said in the thread: Let's wait for the first trailer to hit.

I'm not accusing *you* of anything. I know you're good. The gender (and look) most definitely seems to be a problem for others though. Again, not in this thread, not FootyGAF.

It's just so fucking funny to see people complain about a lack of male actors.

Do I know absolutely anything else for sure about the movie other than some of the people involved? Nope.

To me it's clear that the problem isn't the gender of the cast nor is it McCarthy's BMI.

To me the problem is that Paul Feig is directing. You may check his filmography to see why this will be a problem.

Second, McCarthy is very lowest common denominator in her style of comedy. She's successful because of it. It's the equivalent of casting the female Charlie Sheen in your movie.

I'm expecting the new Ghostbusters film to be shit, there is no way it can match the original. Never heard of 2 of the new cast, but I like Wiig and McCarthy is just horrible.

kharma45

Some reports in both Spain and Italy that De Gea has renewed but I'm not a believer yet.

Not to get too ITK, but I've a friend who is fairly decently connected when it comes to United stuff. Adamant that the source he has for De Gea signing is rock solid, and he also told me why Herrera isn't playing more. Although on the latter I won't divulge the reasoning.

Blablurn

I'm not accusing *you* of anything. I know you're good. The gender (and look) most definitely seems to be a problem for others though. Again, not in this thread, not FootyGAF.

It's just so fucking funny to see people complain about a lack of male actors.

It's probably those guys who are ballsdeep into the whole Gamersgate thing.

Not to get too ITK, but I've a friend who is fairly decently connected when it comes to United stuff. Adamant that the source he has for De Gea signing is rock solid, and he also told me why Herrera isn't playing more. Although on the latter I won't divulge the reasoning.

Or you could DM me.

Wait

Wait

Wait

Wait

They're actually going to rename the Santiago Bernabeu to the Abu Dhabi Bernabeu?

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jan/28/santiago-bernabeu-abu-dhabi-bernabeu-real-madrid?CMP=twt_gu

The report has not been confirmed by Real Madrid and indeed the club has not yet explicitly announced that the stadium will change its name at all, but the president Florentino Pérez was caught on camera admitting to a member of the regional government that the stadium will be called whatever the Abu Dhabi investment group IPIC want it to be called.

&#8220;We&#8217;ll call it IPIC Bernabéu or whatever they want &#8230; or Cepsa Bernabéu,&#8221; Pérez said.

:lol:lol:lol:lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom