• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT12| Old Man Looking For 17 year olds. Contact Arsene

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mista

Banned
One of my friends (Liverpool fan) went to the game last night.

Just sent me this text:

"Rent boy cunts. Such a shit ground. Dead fans. Small and cramped stadium too, thought they were a big club?"

HVDcRns.png

Well said
HVDcRns.png

Gimme impressions.

Will do

jts

...hate me...
Figo to run for FIFA presidency.

I would cheer for him but he's actually a cunt.

edit: I DC'd this one.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
“Through sex we have shown that this is a person who Geralt would be compelled to chase after if she went missing,” says Monheir."

Fucking video games. Progress, but only down the same blind alleys.
No no

Geralt forgot his condoms/sheep intestines and now he's chasing after her to make sure she goes through with the abortion

Ain't nobody got time for bastards in war

L1NETT

Fucking video games. Progress, but only down the same blind alleys.

tad harsh here

this ain't a spoiler, but Geralt and Yennefer are lovers. Does make sense. And in 2 the sex scenes with Triss were the most tasteful I've seen in a game. (not a high bar admittedly). At least within the protagonists the sex does mean something, they are in intimate relationships. Bit different from GTA titillation smut.

There are some lame responses in that thread, even if folk are half joking. But Bold One made a fair point to an extent they are catering to a nerd male fantasy. Would I prefer they didn't? Absolutely but in terms of sex between main characters the witcher is an unfair target.

----

PSG wanting Ade cannot be serious

Bloke couldn't put less effort in

No no

Geralt forgot his condoms/sheep intestines and now he's chasing after her to make sure she goes through with the abortion

pretty sure there are sterile

and ciri is nae bastard. adoption ftw

tad harsh here

this ain't a spoiler, but Geralt and Yennefer are lovers. Does make sense. And in 2 the sex scenes with Triss were the most tasteful I've seen in a game. (not a high bar admittedly). At least within the protagonists the sex does mean something, they are in intimate relationships. Bit different from GTA titillation smut.

There are some lame responses in that thread, even if folk are half joking. But Bold One made a fair point to an extent they are catering to a nerd male fantasy. Would I prefer they didn't? Absolutely but in terms of sex between main characters the witcher is an unfair target.
I didn't read the thread. I try to avoid the gaming side for the most part. I may only be reiterating what other people are saying over there.

My problem isn't with sex. In fact, the inclusion of sex
(although I expect that it'll be a crass and grotesque display of polygonal mannequins)
is the "progress" I was talking about. I have an issue with how that sex is being put to use - how the character your protagonist is having sex with is being reduced to a sort of cliched, male-chauvinist plot device.

It goes back to the last discussion I was involved in about this game, and ... but why am I discussing this game again? I'll probably never even play it.

No no

I laughed a little too much at this.

Blablurn

i love women.

whats up with gamers or movie fans demonstrating against women in their media?

i dont get it. there are still threads about gamersgate on gaf. that should be banned.

i love women.

CCS

Banned
i love women.

i dont get it. there are still threads about gamersgate on gaf. that should be banned.

i love women.

Who doesn't? We love everyone equally here. Except Diego Costa.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

you know who genuinely doesn't have time for sex, chasing after pussy/dick or espresso?

200.gif

only death awaits, flabber.

ic6XjE.gif

i love women.

i love women.

they're mad that they can't have them ;)

and some think a bit of white knighting goes into their CV

Blablurn

you know who genuinely doesn't have time for sex, chasing after pussy/dick or espresso?

200.gif

only death awaits, flabber.

ic6XjE.gif

they're mad that they can't have them ;)

and some think a bit of white knighting goes into their CV

yeeeep, guess you're right. some stuff in those threads is just sickening.

Bold One

I didn't read the thread. I try to avoid the gaming side for the most part. I may only be reiterating what other people are saying over there.

My problem isn't with sex. In fact, the inclusion of sex
(although I expect that it'll be a crass and grotesque display of polygonal mannequins)
is the "progress" I was talking about. I have an issue with how that sex is being put to use - how the character your protagonist is having sex with is being reduced to a sort of cliched, male-chauvinist plot device.

It goes back to the last discussion I was involved in about this game, and ... but why am I discussing this game again? I'll probably never even play it.

Would it still be male-chauvinist if the in game character models weren't idealised power-fantasy models ? if Geralt wasn't a tall hunky chiselled specimen and Triss and Yennefer weren't super models? Context is important in the Witcher games, I'm only 4 hours into W2 and even I realise that. It makes sense that lovers would want to make love.

16 hours though....damn
qh8VVeJ.png

jts

...hate me...
Corruption man, corruption everywhere.
Figo save us pls
C9fWJ1P.png
m8

Figo would sell his own mom if he could.

Signed for Parma and Juve at the same time.

Moved from Barça to Real.

Laughed his ass out when he was sitting on the bench of Inter while Inter was winning against Sporting in Lisbon.

Campaigned for a crooked prime minister etc.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much

I get why they'd be interested because Cavani and Lavezzi are banished, but a loan is pointless. If players leave this window it needs to be for straight cash. If we let Ade go on loan we'd have no money to buy a replacement.

Maybe we would agree to it if we can flog Lennon and Paulinho to pay for Ings.

Ingeniero

m8

Figo would sell his own mom if he could.

Signed for Parma and Juve at the same time.

Moved from Barça to Real.

Laughed his ass out when he was sitting on the bench of Inter while Inter was winning against Sporting in Lisbon.

Campaigned for a crooked prime minister etc.

Well fuck...
Looks like he is the perfect replacement for Blatter
02Do2Ff.png

Would it still be male-chauvinist if the in game character models weren't idealised power-fantasy models ? if Geralt wasn't a tall hunky chiselled specimen and Triss and Yennefer weren't super models? Context is important in the Witcher games, I'm only 4 hours into W2 and even I realise that. It makes sense that lovers would want to make love.

16 hours though....damn
I knew someone was going to pluck out that hyphenated term. I almost removed it in an edit, because how could someone read seven sentences and not fixate on the one word that bothers them? Context is important, and not just in the Witcher games.

Lovers can make love without the female one disappearing and the male one chasing after her on a world-spanning quest (I know, because no one I've ever had sex with has disappeared
much as I may have wanted them to
). That isn't mere context; it isn't just some situation that Geralt and Yennefer find themselves in. A group of guys, bereft of any interesting ideas, resorted to another hoary banality; and in the end another video game was shat out onto humanity.

L1NETT

I knew someone was going to pluck out that hyphenated term. I almost removed it in an edit, because how could someone read seven sentences and not fixate on the one word that bothers them? Context is important, and not just in the Witcher games.

Lovers can make love without the female one disappearing and the male one chasing after her on a world-spanning quest (I know, because no one I've ever had sex with has disappeared
much as I may have wanted them to
). That isn't mere context; it isn't just some situation that Geralt and Yennefer find themselves in. A group of guys, bereft of any interesting ideas, resorted to another hoary banality; and in the end another video game was shat out onto humanity.

right one last point apologies rest of thread

Context is important, so would point out Yennefer does not 'disappear after sex'. Tis a flashback to set up they are (have been) in a intimate relationship and Geralt goes to look for her.

Hixx

oh my fucking god can you keep your boring ridiculous over-analyzation of FANTASY FICTION IN A COMPUTER GAME in gaming pls

right one last point apologies rest of thread

Context is important, so would point out Yennefer does not 'disappear after sex'. Tis a flashback to set up they are (have been) in a intimate relationship and Geralt goes to look for her.
Thank you for clarifying what I didn't post. If I somehow implied immediacy (in the temporal relation of sex and disappearing) in your reading, it was never intended.

And, like you said: apologies to the rest of the thread. I need to stop following Witcher 3 media, apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom