• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT12| Old Man Looking For 17 year olds. Contact Arsene

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you. I take pride in adhering to merely one league and one club. How worldly you must seem, sticking yourself to any old club that'll appeal to you in superficial (read: victorious) ways.

If you don't understand what I meant by that statement (particularly how I qualified it in the following post), then you might be more hopeless than Real in the Copa del Rey this year.

I don't understand the hate against two teamers.

I was born and raised next to Highbury so will always be an Arsenal fan. I was also raised on Italian football, so have no problems supporting two teams and hoping they both win the CL.

Also, I have Parma down as my third team that I care about in the OT. That is where my family is from in Italy so I will always care and hope they do well, they were just not the right team for me, and that was a decision I made when they were winning in Europe.

Different people have different stories, we don't all have to follow the same mold.

Yen

Sheyi Ojo going on loan to Wigan according to SSN according to twitter. One of Liverpool's best young prospects, 17 year old.

pulga

Banned
Bale a flop? He literally won us 2 trophies already.

IO0pqxZ.png

His argument is that going to Madrid was the worst decision of Bale's life, because something about him not being loved by millions because of Ronaldo or some nonsense :lol

kptibmqzevtqrkuga.gif

FootballFan

One day you'll understand Shanks, one day.

Do I know when or how it will hit you? No I don't.

But you will get it one day. You won't see it coming.

His argument is that going to Madrid was the worst decision of Bale's life, because something about him not being loved by millions because of Ronaldo or some nonsense :lol

kptibmqzevtqrkuga.gif

He won the Champion's League.

Getting paid millions.

People who say Bale is a flop are worse than conspiracy theorists. The facts are all there.

This is how you know you made a stupid post, when all you've got is to resort to attacking my person instead :lol :lol

Go lie down, kid. Come back when your team has a vehicle, maybe then you'll have something to lean on.
Mm84Hms.png
It has nothing to do with your club; in fact, my original point had nothing to do with you, you vain solipsist. It'd have nothing to do with you at all if you didn't need to jump to the defence of the world's most profitable club.

The simple fact is that Bale is an underling. He may not always be; he may not even be in a few years if Perez offloads Teflonaldo for an absurd sum of cash. But for now - right now, when your penalty-scoring, world-class winger is the globe's best footballer - Bale is, at best, number 2. He could've been number 1, but he opted for number 2. I'd think that you, a man who only understands number 1 (based on your choices in Real in Juve), would understand where I'm coming from.

Edit: I've had too much wine. This sounds dumb.

Scum

TRANSFER GOSSIP
Liverpool have made a bid to sign Burnley striker Danny Ings, 22, and will loan the England Under-21 striker back to the Clarets for the remainder of the season. (Daily Telegraph)
Tottenham are still hoping to land Everton winger Kevin Mirallas, 27, before the transfer window shuts on Monday and are offering fellow winger Aaron Lennon, 27, in exchange. (Daily Mirror)
Manchester United and Chelsea have been alerted to the fact that Paul Pogba's agent claims the 21-year-old midfielder's long-term future does not lie at Juventus. (Daily Star)
Chelsea are set to seal a deal for Fiorentina winger Juan Cuadrado, 26, and will sell attacking midfielder Andre Schurrle, 24, to Wolfsburg to finance it. (Daily Mail)
Turkish club Trabzonspor are favourites to sign Real Madrid's Germany international midfielder Sami Khedira, 27, who has interested a number of Premier League clubs. (Daily Star)
Out-of-favour midfielder Anderson, 26, could be on his way out of Manchester United with a move to Brazilian side Internacional under discussion. (Daily Telegraph)
Ex-Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini wants to take City midfielder Yaya Toure, 31, from his former club to Inter Milan. (Il Giornale - in Italian)

OTHER GOSSIP
Having beaten Barcelona earlier this month, Real Sociedad manager David Moyes now has his sights set on Real Madrid. (Daily Mail)
Manager Brendan Rodgers is confident Liverpool will get over their League Cup semi-final disappointment with the help of fit-again striker Daniel Sturridge, 25. (Liverpool Echo)
Frank Lampard's father Frank Lampard Senior says the former Chelsea midfielder will not celebrate a goal at Stamford Bridge if he scores for Manchester City on Saturday. (Daily Mail)
Mario Balotelli's agent says the Italy striker, 26, is a changed man at Liverpool but is not looking for a move. (Daily Mirror)

BEST OF SOCIAL MEDIA
Stoke City defender Marc Muniesa tweeted a picture of himself and Manchester United goalkeeper David de Gea raising the spirits of injured Stoke forward Bojan Krkic.
Crystal Palace striker Glenn Murray, 31, tweeted his joy at signing a new 12-month contract at Selhurst Park: "Delighted to extend my deal at this fantastic club!"

AND FINALLY...
The players from Guinea and Mali may have found a better way than drawing lots to decide which country would advance into the quarter-finals of the Africa Cup of Nations - playing cards while they were waiting for the matter to be decided. Guinea won the actual lottery.

Liverpool have made a bid to sign Burnley striker Danny Ings, 22, and will loan the England Under-21 striker back to the Clarets for the remainder of the season. (Daily Telegraph)
leeleeleebizlk.png

Tottenham are still hoping to land Everton winger Kevin Mirallas, 27, before the transfer window shuts on Monday and are offering fellow winger Aaron Lennon, 27, in exchange. (Daily Mirror)
EuvEO5Z.png

Out-of-favour midfielder Anderson, 26, could be on his way out of Manchester United with a move to Brazilian side Internacional under discussion. (Daily Telegraph)
ibdwxPBoU0iP8Z.png

pulga

Banned
It has nothing to do with your club; in fact, my original point had nothing to do with you, you vain solipsist. It'd have nothing to do with you at all if you didn't need to jump to the defence of the world's most profitable club.

The simple fact is that Bale is an underling. He may not always be; he may not even be in a few years if Perez offloads Teflonaldo for an absurd sum of cash. But for now - right now, when your penalty-scoring, world-class winger is the globe's best footballer - Bale is, at best, number 2. He could've been number 1, but he opted for number 2. I'd think that you, a man who only understands number 1 (based on your choices in Real in Juve), would understand where I'm coming from.

Oh, that explains the inane posts. You've been drunk all this time.

May I remind you, we're in a discussion board, where anyone and everyone is free to point out flaws in peoples arguments, as I did. Your response was to go after my person, as if that's relevant at all to the argument at hand. Mind want to check the ToS, that's frowned upon in here.

Anyway, as I said, go lie down, you're drunk.
p1kx90C.png

FootballFan

Dragon ball, Barca, and in a far away land from home. I feel we are kindred spirits.

wwmli0m1eirhqfi5zvij.jpg

Let's buy these to cement are love^^

You forgot we are also part of the PES clubs team, FC Pizzaioli

I can't tell which of those shoes I like the most. I could definitely see my nephew buying the Goku ones.

The simply fact is that Bale is an underling. He may not always be; he may not even be in a few years if Perez offloads Teflonaldo for an absurd sum of cash. But for now - right now, when your penalty-scoring, world-class winger is the globe's best footballer - Bale is, at best, number 2. He could've been number 1, but he opted for number 2. I'd think that you, a man who only understands number 1 (based on your choices in Real in Juve), would understand where I'm coming from.

Look.

He's in one of the biggest clubs in football. He gets played a lot and played millions. He has won the ECL.

Right now he's not the best player in the team but you know what? Who the fuck cares. If I'm in the position to be in a team where I am the top dog but winning nothing, or in a team with some of the best in the world and guaranteed to at least winning something, picking the latter is pretty much the sane choice.

Nothing is stopping him to try and being better than Ronaldo, and getting that no. 1 spot too.

Even Henry moved away from Arsenal to Barcelona to win something, and there's nothing bloody wrong with that.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
solipsist LOOOOOOOOOOOOL

calm down guys :lol

Flabber supports the only Italian team to win a trophy this season ;_; and his team has, in fact, their own bus

Pulga I kinda see his point, as in, Bale will never be the main attraction like he was with Spurs. But I doubt he cares about that as long as he's part of Madrid, the current CL holders.

wedward

lol

vain solipsist

incredible.

FootballFan

don't tell me anyone would seriously consider buying those shoes

What is different between those and a pair of Jordans?

Same shit different smell. If people buy those, there definitely would be people that buy the dbz ones.

People buy stuff mate.

Except WiiU's. :(

pulga

Banned
Pulga I kinda see his point, as in, Bale will never mean the main attraction like he was with Spurs. But I doubt he cares about that as long as he part of Madrid, the current CL holders.

Well that's obvious, but his original point was that Bale must be regretting the move as the worst decision of his life. Then he, in his drunken stupor, realized how utterly dumb that is and moved the goalposts to what you're agreeing with now.

Anyway, here's the Drunk thread, kid. They'll be more accepting of nonsensical posts.
OVsk9Ou.png

If Bale had rejected Madrid people would be saying he couldn't handle the pressure and chickened out. Just like a certain man in Rome.

People will always find ways to criticse players and clubs they don't like.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Well that's obvious, but his original point was that Bale must be regretting the move as the worst decision of his life. Then he, in his drunken stupor, realized how utterly dumb that is and moved the goalposts to what you're agreeing with.

Anyway, here's the Drunk thread, kid. They'll be more accepting of nonsensical posts.
OVsk9Ou.png

you only need to reread the post you just quoted to realise that I'm a bit drunk too :p

I miss my bb ;_; not long now till she comes back

Pennywise

Look.

He's in one of the biggest clubs in football. He gets played a lot and played millions. He has won the ECL.

Right now he's not the best player in the team but you know what? Who the fuck cares. If I'm in the position to be in a team where I am the top dog but winning nothing, or in a team with some of the best in the world and guaranteed to at least winning something, picking the latter is pretty much the sane choice.

Nothing is stopping him to try and being better than Ronaldo, and getting that no. 1 spot too.

Even Henry moved away from Arsenal to Barcelona to win something, and there's nothing bloody wrong with that.

Henry moved when he already was a legend at Arsenal, plus there's a difference between Tottenham and Arsenal, especially at that time.

Who said that Bale had to stay at the Spurs ?
There are alot of clubs on the ladder between Tottenham and Madrid.
He could have been the Ronaldo/Messi for a club, that's what he was talking about.

faridmon

Haha

you vain solipsist

Teflonaldo

This is golden!

pulga

Banned
I don't think he even knows what 'solipsism' is.

Like, I'm the one acknowledging a point of view as existing, engaging it in discussion whilst he immediately goes after my team preferences, as if that's relevant at all.
JzKGOjM.png

Alcohol, man... SMH. Stick to weed, FootyGAF!

faridmon

Farid. Pls vote for my thread title suggestion

Do you know how many times you have made me feel unwelcomed?

It sucks man. I rather forget about the whole thing.

Therefore, I will not vote for this title

pls understand

I don't think he even knows what 'solipsism' is.

Like, I'm the one acknowledging a point of view as existing, engaging it in discussion whilst he immediately goes after my team preferences, as if that's relevant at all.
JzKGOjM.png

Alcohol, man... SMH. Stick to weed, FootyGAF!

Do you?
ix5hNAArIgXiW.png

FootballFan

Do you know how many times you have made me feel unwelcomed?

It sucks man. I rather forget about the whole thing.

Therefore, I will not vote for this title

pls understand

Do you?

What have I done

:(

I apologise for bringing up the time I made you feel unwelcome m8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom